How many 1/2 price 6865 would you buy?

Alfiepops

I came across a stack of 6865 at a supermarket that I just popped in to today. I remember someone on this forum or another telling how he believed in karma and never bought the whole stock no matter how much the Lego was reduced. I thought that this is exactly how I feel about buying bargains. I love coming across a Lego bargain that I don't expect to find. It gives you a little lift. When i'm standing in front of the bargain Lego I come across, I think of the parents buying little johnny a treat because they can afford a half price Lego set or a teenager who has a little pocket money who sees Captain America or a cool Star Wars ship for a price they can afford and decide to spent their money on it. The Question is: would you scoop them all up or think of the kid or parent coming behind you and leave some for others? 

I'd buy every one of them and provide excellent customer service to the parents who want to buy them from me off eBay this Christmas and next. :-D

I'm a Mom. I put in my time hunting down ALL the needed Pokemon figures, etc. I don't blame resellers for doing their thing, and I'm glad eBay and the like exist so when I can't hunt them local, I can still find them.

• Like 2

I may be the one you saw. When I see something like this - I buy half or so or just leave several behind. A week later, if they are still there I figure they are free game.

If you are doing this solely to make money, things are different. I am not that concerned with making that much money. More of a slightly profitable hobby. And I like to buy stuff.

But I wouldn't blame you for taking them all. I just don't. Not really sure that I even think about bad karma, I just don't like to be the one to grab everything. I leave the last roll at the dinner table.

I may be the one you saw. When I see something like this - I buy half or so or just leave several behind. A week later, if they are still there I figure they are free game.

If you are doing this solely to make money, things are different. I am not that concerned with making that much money. More of a slightly profitable hobby. And I like to buy stuff.

But I wouldn't blame you for taking them all. I just don't. Not really sure that I even think about bad karma, I just don't like to be the one to grab everything. I leave the last roll at the dinner table.

Brilliantly put. That is what I was trying to get at. It really comes down to what your outlook is. I bought 4 and left about 10 -14 behind. I could have cleaned the lot but thought naw I leave the rest, buy some wine and go home and pontificate on the internet. Just my 2 cents. I'm not moralizing. I'm not a serious investor and I know I won't be able to buy a ticket to the moon on the Lego I left behind

When I see something like this - I buy half or so or just leave several behind. A week later, if they are still there I figure they are free game.

I feel like this is a more equal way of handling things. You get what you want and leave a handful behind for someone else like Little Johnny who was doing the exact same thing anyone of us here did by waiting for a discount because honestly who actually likes to pay retail? At least if some are left behind for somebody else then maybe we'll have less people complaining about never finding anything on sale at all.

My Walmart has a bunch of Attack of the Wargs sets for 30% off still which is good for my area and what I am used to seeing typically. I picked up one for myself soon as they went that low and thought about getting another if they are still there the next time cause of those wicked Wargs but I know other people could have been like me and were hoping for a sale on that particular set so I only take what I need and leave the rest for someone else to enjoy same as me. If they continue to hang around, I'll get another but after I let everyone else have a go if they so wish.

In a nut shell. Well put. We all love to find a bargain so it's good to let others in on a bargain also. There is a new saying (well at least to me) of "go fill your boots", but this may lead to heartburn and indigestion from over indulgence . Still all that said I find some of the responses to this moral  dilemma very funny and have made me laugh (or is that the wine in me)?  :D

Justafrog you're bad to the bone LOL