Get Lego sets (including exclusives and hard to find) in your Amazon Goldbox Consistenly

DoNotInsertIntoMouth

• 2 weeks later...

So how do we get rid of stupid items in our quick picks.  The past 3 days, I have received 0 lego sets.  I am getting stupid music that is not anywhere close to my taste, a Bill O'Reilly book and other crap. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this crap?

Same boat.  My picks are so messed up after I tinkered (poorly) w/ my recommendations...they need a "reset all" button.

• 1 month later...

Do you have to be an Amazon Prime member to get free shipping? What if there's a deal but you don't want to reach the minimum amount needed for free shipping? Looks like the minimum amount has changed. Prime's price of $79 a year is pretty steep. 

Gold Box is just plain yellow right now.

I am going to post the blog text in the thread for everyone - luckily I had it saved:

If you buy a lot of Lego sets, you know Amazon.om is a great place to get them. They usually

have some of the best prices out there, they have excellent shipping terms with Amazon Prime

and with their super saving shipping, and they price match everything (they actually price match

everything TRU rather than just stating that they do

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Has anyone figured out a way to get Amazon Gold Box "Quick Picks" to reappear after purchase?  If I buy something, it never shows up again.

Note:  I hate being tempted to buy the Palace Cinema all the time when I'm not ready to buy it yet.  I want that set really bad, but I'm just not ready.

So how do we get rid of stupid items in our quick picks.  The past 3 days, I have received 0 lego sets.  I am getting stupid music that is not anywhere close to my taste, a Bill O'Reilly book and other crap. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this crap?

READ THIS

I've only seen this mentioned in passing once earlier in the thread, but there is a super-easy way to get Amazon to ignore previously-bought items that you don't want tainting your Quick Picks. 

1. Go to "[your name]'s Amazon.com".
  2. Click on the "Improve Your Recommendations" button in the second menu down from the top.
  3. Using the "Don't Use for Recommendations" radio button on the right, start eliminating things you're not interested in.
  4. ???
  5. Profit
  • Like 1

READ THIS

I've only seen this mentioned in passing once earlier in the thread, but there is a super-easy way to get Amazon to ignore previously-bought items that you don't want tainting your Quick Picks. 

1. Go to "[your name]'s Amazon.com".
  2. Click on the "Improve Your Recommendations" button in the second menu down from the top.
  3. Using the "Don't Use for Recommendations" radio button on the right, start eliminating things you're not interested in.
  4. ???
  5. Profit

Done this a while ago and I still get tons of crap.  Items that are not remotely close to anything I have ever bought.  I get maybe some legos once a week.  For instance today, I have a wifi camera in my deals. 

I've found that I have to keep going back and keep marking things to not use as recommendations.  It seems the things it used for recommendations on Monday, that I un-select are replaced with items that weren't being used for recommendations previously.  Each day Amazon's system seems to get more desperate and looks farther and farther back in my history to find things to use for recommendations.  This morning it was giving me some recommendations based on a CD I bought for someone's birthday 10 years ago to give me a bunch of random music recommendations.  So clicked on the "why recommended" link, marked the offending item as "was gift" and "don't use as recommendations."

I'm sure tomorrow Amazon's system will dig up some item I put in my cart 10 years ago and then decided not to buy and give me some recommendations based on that, that I'll need to clear...  

Today I had the Chima Gorilla set and the Castle Gold Getaway sets in my gold box.

Done this a while ago and I still get tons of crap.  Items that are not remotely close to anything I have ever bought.  I get maybe some legos once a week.  For instance today, I have a wifi camera in my deals. 

7 out of 8 of my quick picks today were Lego sets, and the 7th was the Back to the Future blu-ray. I previously bought the BttF Lego set, so technically everything in my box was Lego-related.

• 2 months later...