Is brick yellow the same as tan or light flesh color?

17coyote

Question

14 answers to this question

Guest eightbrick

there is a minor difference. Definitely tough if you see the darker ones in light as they look more Yellow.

I'm almost certain brick yellow is the same as tan for three four reasons:

• I have bought from Lego's PAB online ("brick yellow") and Bricklink ("tan) - I work with that color a lot for my MOCs - and they are identical.
  • Check out Brickipedia: Brick Yellow is the official name for color #5 and tan is the common name: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Colour_Palette

Light Flesh (official name Light Nougat) is a completely different color, color ID #283

650px-Lego_palette_2010.png

If you are seeing differences in the bricks color it could easily be yellowing, or perhaps you have some rare Bayer test bricks. Eurobricks super-brain "Lego Historian" talked about these test bricks in this thread: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77694

Do you guys think that brick yellow would be a good substitute to light flesh?  

I was going to make people similar to the ones in legoland that make up the section where they have the star wars, different parts of the USA, sections of the world, etc.  The people would be around 3-4 inches high, similar to the monthly mini build at the lego store.  Does anyone know did they use light flesh on the superman mini build a few months back?  Thats the color I would like to use.  Thanks again for all your help and input

Guest eightbrick

If this is the superman you are referring to I'm pretty sure that it is tan/brick yellow (I checked BL most of those pieces aren't even made in light flesh). It makes a pretty decent substitute if you are building figures like this. Good luck.

SUPERMAN-1.jpg

Guest eightbrick

The one I posted is the 2010 version for colors in production during that year, the one Celes posted is a more complete version from 2008 that includes old colors from before the 2004 swaps. I don't think anyone has put together a 2013 calendar yet.

Hey Brianl3, does this color chart display all the ones Lego currently uses? As a builder and hobby pixel artist, I love these as they give a nice full spectrum of colors to work with.