79008 - Pirate Ship Ambush

• 6 months later...

I lucked out on a double coupon deal at yoyo.com and got 2 for $60 each.  I dont expect to find that again anytime soon though.

thats where i was planning to buy, yoyo.com usually has online coupon codes for around 20% off, free shipping, no tax.

Prob just buy one for myself at $80 and hold out for better prices for investment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have 1 question on amazon.com i see description of Pirate Ship accessories and it says:

Accessories include 10 plain shields, 14 decorated shields

So is there 14 shields inside or 24 or 10 lol

All I found was these 14 decorated shields in the set.

3846pb37.jpg

I don't know what the listing is going on about with regular shields as there aren't any.

Its definitely wrong - there is one actual minifigure shield maybe?

anyone buying these - don't settle for 80$ anymore to build - look for 70$ or below. I have bought at least 10 of these for 70$ or below - 4 below 60$

It is an AWESOME set. I am actually thinking about building more than one and having an all out battle. Its frickin HUGE.

This is a great set, and definitely one to load up on before retirement, but it is still pretty new.  I would recommend holding off on buying these for a while, regardless of the price.  That is gonna be money tied up for a long time.  Ok, if you actually find it for $29.99, then you will obviously want to jump on that.  Otherwise, wait.

Its definitely wrong - there is one actual minifigure shield maybe?

anyone buying these - don't settle for 80$ anymore to build - look for 70$ or below. I have bought at least 10 of these for 70$ or below - 4 below 60$

It is an AWESOME set. I am actually thinking about building more than one and having an all out battle. Its frickin HUGE.

Yeah good luck to us EU people trying to find this set for 70$ or less lol... thats like 49

• 5 weeks later...

One of my local Targets has this one for 15% off, but another already has it for 30%.  They'll probably do a clearance markdown again next Thursday (the 9th), or possibly the week after that (the 16th), and that 15 or 30% discount gets bumped to 30 or 50%.  There are several just sitting around in my stores, even at 30% off (which I don't understand, as this set is super awesome);  I feel like it's safe to wait for a 50% on this one.