Legends of Chima 2014

Noodlenut

Crocs are cool, Wolves are great, Lions are okay, Bears and Rhinos are just dopey :P, Ravens and Eagles are good, but those Scorpions look wicked awesome! Can't see the Spider very well but they look good too and have a more tribal hawaiian feel with that hula skirt. Ha. They'll probably be right at home alongside the Island Warrior.

These are some of the best figures and toys lego has put out so far..as far as aesthetics and playability go....but that only gets you so far in toys. Just look at the printing, and the way the larger toys are designed. I've built hundreds of lego sets...and craggers command ship was one of our favorites

• Like 1

These are some of the best figures and toys lego has put out so far..as far as aesthetics and playability go....but that only gets you so far in toys. Just look at the printing, and the way the larger toys are designed. I've built hundreds of lego sets...and craggers command ship was one of our favorites

I agree.  The minifigures of this set are very substantial and unique.  I also enjoy the unique brick colors of the theme.  Very "earthy."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HOLY STICKER! :blink: Well, it isn't too bad for $10 really but that one particular image isn't doing the build any justice. Regardless I'll sn*tch these up for them parts especially the new tiny ball socket joints.

Good point.  I didn't see the tiny joints at first, and it looks like those will be very useful.  I might get one or two.

Here is the Sparratus minifigure from Legends of Chima giving a good example of what the Spider tribe will look like.

The Brick Fan

10633447023_18603539da_o.jpg

10633199855_8973d57bdf_o.jpg

10633457123_8b8aeee107_o.jpg

I really like the new rhino, spider,  bat and scorpion minifigures, and the vehicles with each seem to be really cool (I can't wait to get my hands on the Rhino vehicle).

That said, the Legend Beast sets are lacking some majesty. 

Lego already had plans to bring back Ninjago before Legends of Chima went far at all, and the amount of viewers says otherwise as to being a flop.

Here's Futon Critic's take on Legends of Chima:

9/17 - Cartoon Network was the #1 destination for all targeted boy demos on Thursday Night (7-9 p.m.), with an increase among boys 2-11 & 6-11. The new episode of Legends of Chima (7 p.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among all key boys, while growing with kids 6-11 & all boys vs. the same time period last year.

10/22 - Cartoon Network was the #1 television network among boys 6-11 on Thursday Night (7-9 p.m.). A premiere episode of Dragons: Defenders of Berk (7:30 p.m.) ranked #1 in its timeslot among all targeted boys, growing delivery among boys 2-11 & 6-11 vs. the same time period last year. A Legends of Chima premiere episode (7 p.m.) ranked #1 in its timeslot among boys 6-11 & 9-14.

According to this website, Chima doesn't seem to be doing too badly.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eightbrick

Wow. That's a lot of photos (thanks again TOK). Can't say I'm a huge fan (then again I never was a big supporter of Chima) but to me the sets just look a bit too busy or something. It seems they aren't even trying to hide the Technic pieces. Well, I guess that's some more money in my pocket (at least for personal purposes).

I'm a fan of the Shadowind - Scolder Stinger Duel.  Two great figs in that set, plus you get Shadowind's Speedor, and a sweet scorpion Speedor.  The game leaves a bit to be desired, but otherwise great.

This is my other favorite among these releases:

10983864604_804c8e253e_o.jpg

Finally we get some Rhino minifigs (that both look awesome)! The spider minfig (also awesome), and a great looking Rhino vehicle round out this set.  This vehicle will go nicely next to Gorzan's Gorilla Striker in the collection.