Legends of Chima 2014

Noodlenut

Anyone who has thought/said this theme is/is going to be a flop, may be a good idea to reconsider right about now. These look very, very, very, very good! 

I`ve always looked at Chima with mixed feelings, more positive than negative, and never as the bomb that some have thought. As such I`ve been cautious to a large extent, but have kept it in mind. Did not expect any sets to look like this. Forgive me, I`m having a kid in a candy store moment staring at that Mammoth  :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:

Anyone who has thought/said this theme is/is going to be a flop, may be a good idea to reconsider right about now. These look very, very, very, very good! 

I`ve always looked at Chima with mixed feelings, more positive than negative, and never as the bomb that some have thought. As such I`ve been cautious to a large extent, but have kept it in mind. Did not expect any sets to look like this. Forgive me, I`m having a kid in a candy store moment staring at that Mammoth  :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:

Agreed, these look awesome! Really looking forward to the Mammoth, that Maxifig, and all the trans blue pieces! I do hope that one of the figures will have a trans blue LEFT leg, cause from the looks of the last photo there are several figs with one trans blue RIGHT leg. I would love to have a complete pair of trans blue legs.

-PB

wow, I know I will definitely be getting the phoenix and mammoth sets for myself. Those look incredible!  :drool:

I agree. From the images, you could tell the Phoenix Temple can 'transform' but I had no idea just how cool it was until I watched that clip! To me, the Ice Mammoth Stomper is to Chima like how the AT-AT is to Star Wars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shoot, this is supposedly 'old' news but I didn't even find this image until now. Alright, I already knew there was going to be a DK book for Legends of Chima but I had no idea it was going to be one of these full-fledged books with the obligatory exclusive minifigure. I can only wonder just who shall it be? :scratchhead:

10964717914_19b6681019_o.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In what is possibly a least surprising turn of events, Lego has officially decided to not release the next wave of the buildable characters (Ultrabuilds) here in the United States which typically would include Canada as well. They stated sales for the first wave were not satisfactory and, whatever, it's the same deal we heard with the Star Wars Planets. Now I am wondering how long before they make the same statement with the Speedorz or anything else for the matter.

via The Brick Fan

Well after that bad bit of news from the other day, now there looks to be something better on the horizon. Sort of. Here is a new find of a polybag for the theme to go with the summer wave coming out later. Now before you say anything, I know what you're thinking with it looks a lot like Robin's Redbird Cycle. Then consider this a cheap way of obtaining Worriz in his new hot duds. They're smoking! :)

via The Brick Fan

14119565880_6375af8c76_o.jpg

14305614764_0d59cc7c5d_o.jpg