9470 Shelob Attacks E.O.L. soon?

I don't think they would produce an entire 2 year run in one go.

I would assume they have some complicated formula to estimate demand and produce accordingly.

I doubt they produce set 1 month before release... but rather a few months, Id say up to 6 months then they add 6-12 months while they see how the set sells... I doubt they stop production and restart it....

This set came out I. June 2012... ish. I can't see them producing the whole 18months run in one go.

Although with 9472 & 9476 the might have done this and sold all the leftovers to amazon UK.

But isnt it very time consuming and costly to stop the production of such magnitutde liek LEGO and then relaunch it after relatively short time....

From my experience of production what I would do is start producing them, make world wide release and keep producing them while seeing how does the item sells, if it sells well keep producing a little longer than planned otherwise cut it short....

Its the most logical view on production since it brings the least costs and after 1st month you get 3-4 months of no-hype for the set so you can calculate ROUGH numbers you need to produce so it lasts roughly X more months....

Its all a theory, but I just dont believe they would produce, stop, restart producing EVERY single set they have... this would be too complicated and time consuming to re-program and re-optimize production runs....

With all it's success I think it's safe to say there are no 'dud' Harry Potter sets, with that in mind I think it will be fairly safe to say the same for the L.O.T.R. sets 1 or 2 years down the line.

Apart from the Orthanc Tower and Orc Forge I have to confess I'm not really keen on any of the  L.O.T.R. sets, but then I thought that last year about The Burrow and Knight Bus and look where they are now.

Lord of the Rings will either be a massive boom or hopeless bust  in my opinion, and I can't decide which way as it's so early into wave 1 retirement, I myself am all in for any discount sets I can get my hands on in the hope that serious collectors will want the whole series by the end of the license.

Which way do you guys think it will go?

Sorry, it just doesn't float my boat and I'm one of those that only buys sets that I like in case they bomb and I'm stuck with them.

They aren't going to bomb. out of both 1st and 2nd wave Sam is still only found in this set. The figures are worth $20+ on ebay already.