21000 - Sears/Willis Tower

belljohn

I see on LEGO Shop at Home that the Willis Tower is "call for availability".  I am intrigued by the architecture series after seeing the Hancock building take off.  The original Sears Tower has had a nice run too.  Do you think getting a bunch from Amazon is worth it?  You can't beat the price $16.49, over 30% off.  I already have a few, but I am thinking about getting a bunch.

I noticed this too. I had some good returns from the Sungnyemun set which recently retired.

Note that the Lego retail price for the Willis Tower set is 19.99 while the Amazon base price is 24.99 so not quite the 30% off. Still a great deal especially if this set is EOL.

I've noticed that the Brickpicker discount list will often flag items with a high Amazon list price; but this set and a couple of others in the Architecture line don't have that warning.

I doubt it will retire. TLG seems to be fond of the more iconic Architecture sets, and the Willis Tower was just released in the past year, even though it was just re-released under a different name (from the Sears Tower). I'm not sure about getting a bunch, but the Architecture line does have a decent track record of having good returns, so I don't see anything wrong with stocking up with them anyways.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I only have one Sears and many Willis. The code on my Sears is 13M9 would be interesting to see if that was the only production run, I know they could have still made 100 billion of them in that run. I don't think the majority of consumers know that there are two versions including us arch completionists.