Super Heroes 2014

TheDarkness

An image of the 2014 Marvel sets have surfaced!

Awesome. Thank you, tormentalous! :D

Oops, looks like Lego goofed with the set names for "Spider-Trike vs. Electro" and "Doc Ock Truck Heist" as they are switched. :P

Back to the topic, ummm.... I really am not sure how I feel about those set designs honestly. Perhaps it is just the quality of the images themselves but they have this overall 'junior' feel to them. Hulk Lab Smash reminds me of many playsets back in the 90s, Truck Heist looks like another City vehicle coming out for the Police no less, and even though Captain America vs Hydra is one I was looking forward to the most that actually seems disappointing. I think the biggest head scratcher is Green Goblin. What the heck did they do to him? He Hulked out! I see some good minifigures in three of those but that is about it for me. :resent:

Back to the topic, ummm.... I really am not sure how I feel about those set designs honestly. Perhaps it is just the quality of the images themselves but they have this overall 'junior' feel to them. Hulk Lab Smash reminds me of many playsets back in the 90s, Truck Heist looks like another City vehicle coming out for the Police no less, and even though Captain America vs Hydra is one I was looking forward to the most that actually seems disappointing. I think the biggest head scratcher is Green Goblin. What the heck did they do to him? He Hulked out! I see some good minifigures in three of those but that is about it for me. :resent:

Since I'm a Super Heroes fanatic, I'll end up getting all of them. I'm not that disappointed in how they look. They'll probably grow on me the more I look at them :P That Green Goblin set is based on the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon but at least he looks similar to keep it consistent.

172_glider.png

• Like 1

Since I'm a Super Heroes fanatic, I'll end up getting all of them. I'm not that disappointed in how they look. They'll probably grow on me the more I look at them :P That Green Goblin set is based on the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon but at least he looks similar to keep it consistent.

Okay, Lego did capture the look from the latest animated series I'll give them that. So far I just like minifigures from the Hydra and Hulk Lab set overall as they all have the classic look down especially Taskmaster and Thor. Modok is a crackup seeing this jumbo head on such a tiny body. :lol: The Electro minifigure itself is trippy but if I buy it, he won't be Electro; I have plans to use that as some other character in my personal collection.

Wow. I think the ball might have been dropped after a successful beginning. With the exception of the Doc Oct and Red Skull sets, yuck. Like 1st Green Goblin fig, this is also terrible. Maybe this poster is an error and that "pea-green thing" is really from a LOTR or Hobbtt set. Spidey doesn't use all these vehicles and gadgets man..well at least the Spidey, I grew up reading. Maybe the Ultimate Spidey needs to have a yellow belt and black caped cowl.

Firstly Spidey.

That certainly isn't the Green Goblin I remember in any fashion. The worst part is I think it would have been relatively easy to pull one off with some slight modifications to the elf ears used in the Hobbit sets. The vehicles are woeful and even more disappointing is Spidey seemingly has the exact same print in each set. Surely there were ways to make the prints different? I like the Mary Jane figure though it does seem a little odd. Power Man looks ok, as does Doc Ock but nothing to write home about. I think they did the best they could with Electro and will probably pick it up. But as mentioned previously, why so many vehicles?

Onto the Avengers.
I like the new Cap. It is a different print but I expect it to settle the prices of the previous version. It is a better set than the Avengers Cycle but will be more expensive too. Red Skull is good whilst the HYDRA Henchman looks rubbish. Why does Cap need to be smiling???

I like the Hulk set but it does seem too similar to the current one, just with better colours in it. The new Hulk is great. Thor looks more like his comic book character so no qualms (other than no helmet!!!). Falcon looks good with his wings, and I must say I feared a Man-Bat approach with it. The jury is out with Task Master. MODOK is going to be a love him or hate him fig I feel. I like it and think they did an OK job with it. 

I wish they would just stick to the marvel universe for spidey sets but I don't think they can. Is that right?  I like the cap set and the hulk set has Taskmaster so I am geeked about that.  Overall, mostly useless vehicles.  Lego needs to be a little more creative with the super hero line.   

Awesome. Thank you, tormentalous! :D

Oops, looks like Lego goofed with the set names for "Spider-Trike vs. Electro" and "Doc Ock Truck Heist" as they are switched. :P

That is how Ultimate Green Goblin is. Marvel has two Universes, normal and ultimate. (well. they have more but these are the main two)

Ultimate was started back in 2000 or so as a sort of reboot to Marvel and took off with flying colors selling well for awhile.

I didn't keep up with it much but picked up the copies where they killed off Peter Parker like a year or two ago and noticed that the Goblin was this huge hulking monster.