Anyone get their Tower of Orthanc from WB?

Guest eightbrick

I thought we weren't allowed to change our names? Who was eightbrick before the operation?

Technically we aren't supposed to. I was Brianl3 before, I guess I'll turn my profile feed back to that so people still know. Sorry for any confusion guys.  :sorry: 

Guest eightbrick

He was an astronaut who crashed during the test flight of an experimental aircraft barely alive, but with current technology we have rebuilt him better, stronger, faster, than he was before. He is the six million canadian dollar man.

Yes.. I had a shutter island moment back there but I'm all fine again :P

I think I'll call WBShop tomorrow.  It was shipped in a big box packed diagonally with barely any packing.  It was majorly creased and every single seal (all 6) were broken loose and the tape no longer sticks, like the tape is dried out.  I'll see if they'll at least give me a little extra discount.

Got my two today. Shoved diagonally into boxes that were too small. The Lego box is literally taller than the box they shipped in. Both boxes were crushed and pretty much all seals are busted. I am calling them tomorrow and returning both as I was not going to build these. Pretty disappointed, I am not going to order Lego from them again.

He was an astronaut who crashed during the test flight of an experimental aircraft barely alive, but with current technology we have rebuilt him better, stronger, faster, than he was before. He is the six million canadian dollar man.

Man I wish it was like it used to when Canadian money was worth way less than American. Then this would be relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kse0MG5n9wI

Man I wish it was like it used to when Canadian money was worth way less than American. Then this would be relevant:

I used to love to run up to Canada and buy large items.  It was like an instant 20% discount.  Even eating out or gambling in Windsor, it was like you were up 20% before even starting your evening.

I used to love to run up to Canada and buy large items.  It was like an instant 20% discount.  Even eating out or gambling in Windsor, it was like you were up 20% before even starting your evening.

Careful now guys, these hurt...ouch! Ahh!  :blackeye:

I called WBShop today.  They started to process a UPS and return claim over the phone.  I then asked if it was in-stock for replacement?  She said it was backordered and didn't know if they'd be getting any more.  I just asked if they'd honor any type of discount or refund.  She said, "How about 15%?  Let me calculate that." She calculated 15% of $179.96 (even though I paid $169.96) and came up with $26.99.  So she said it will be processed in 2-3 days and I should get an email and see the refund on my credit card.

If you guys want to call, here's the number:  1-866-373-4389

I tried the online customer service email thing, but I hadn't received any reply yet.

Guest TabbyBoy

As far as the UK goes, I've never seen anything as shocking as Argos.  I've only ordered twice (should've stopped after the first time) and both times the boxes were crushed, split, covered in multiple stock labels and even missing some pieces.  My last shipment was for 30x Captain America Avenging Cycles where just 2 boxes were "passable" for resale.  Even though they were cheap, this still pissed me off after a while so, I took the whole lot back to a store and complained.  It wouldn't surprise me if they even put customer returns out for resale without checking.  I was going to buy 3-for-2 R2-D2s but, I daren't risk it.

Keep in mind, you won't get nearly as many Lego sets in Canada for that amount of money...