UK stores do not know the meaning of Clearance

CNH1974

I need to rant!

UK supermarkets don't know the meaning of the word Clearance.

I was in Tesco today and they had LOTR sets on Clearance. At full price! Ok fine, moving on....

Then i saw on the clearance shelf two Deloreans, with badly damaged boxes.

I checked with the floor manager, these too were at full price. So how much off for the damaged boxes, I asked. He went and checked, then came back with an offer of 10%.

10%!!!!!! I can get that off at the lego store this month. And get a nice box.

Rant over.

And relax........

Guest TabbyBoy

There are occasionally big bargains available in the UK from time to time.  "Hot UK Deals" is my second tabbed homepage after "Amazon EU" and it sometimes shows big savings.  For example, the Wolverine Chopper was once only

Guest TabbyBoy

Further to my last message, I returned those bashed up sets (30x 6865) in the end to Argos as I was disgusted with their condition and lack of care in shipping.  All they seem to stock these days are customer returns and dregs from the warehouse.

Tesco is doing 50% off some Lego instore and the Orc Forge is currently available online if not available instore. That's about as good as it gets apart from the odd fluke find that is store specific. But I have to agree with the initial statement of this thread. UK deals are generally crap compared to the US. I have ranted several times here and there about lack of discounts. Makes me laugh though when I think about it. What other section of consumers would rant and rave online about the lack of discounts on sofas, fridges, dvds, tvs, and chocolate etc: fiction letter: Dear Sony, why are your TVs not discounted by 70%  I want a 60" LED but not at your price point. No sir, I want it at my price point at that currently sits around 70% off. That's what will make me bite. I wonder if that would work?  :whistle:

• Like 1