Friends 2014

wholovesboo

Can someone more into Friends explain why Emma's flower cart (30112: http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=30112-1) seems to be doing better than similar polybags? Is Emma more rare, or does it fit well to another set, or what do I miss?

It could be that the other 2014 Friends polys were more widely available. I've seen tons of Jungle Boats at Target, TRU and Walmart and Stephanie's Bakery Stand at Target and KMart, but I've only seen a few of Emma's Flower Cart at Walmart.

Can someone more into Friends explain why Emma's flower cart (30112: http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=30112-1) seems to be doing better than similar polybags? Is Emma more rare, or does it fit well to another set, or what do I miss?

I can't explain it besides the limited release. It's a really boring build (nothing new to a Friends "kiosk" besides the broom...though there's a broom in the 3938 Andrea's Bunny House set). Not as "cute" as a food cart. I suspect it's not little girls clamoring for this set, but rather adult collectors? Which in itself is interesting...have the number of Friends collectors risen significantly in the past year?

Edited to add: And no, Emma isn't necessarily more popular than the other girls. Also the poly doesn't fit well with any other set I can think of. There are a lot of small "kiosk" sets/polys that have been released. I suppose if you wanted to set up a street fair or farmer's market the flower stand would be useful :)

Edited by wholovesboo