Big W & Kmart: Have they ever had any sales for lego?

BrickPick3r

Presumably from an Australian only perspective...

Yes, they both do sales that include Lego. I know during the Big W Toy Sale earlier this year included Lego, and some OK prices (for Australia, anyway). Big W has also been known to do clearance sales on end of life.

K-Mart will generally have items on sale at different times. Not sure about across the board Lego sales, but like Big W, I am pretty sure K-Mart include Lego in their toy sales. I am hoping for a big K-Mart sale soon as they have some things I would like to buy at below their 'retail' price.

Presumably from an Australian only perspective...

Yes, they both do sales that include Lego. I know during the Big W Toy Sale earlier this year included Lego, and some OK prices (for Australia, anyway). Big W has also been known to do clearance sales on end of life.

K-Mart will generally have items on sale at different times. Not sure about across the board Lego sales, but like Big W, I am pretty sure K-Mart include Lego in their toy sales. I am hoping for a big K-Mart sale soon as they have some things I would like to buy at below their 'retail' price.

Same here. I guess i'll wait for a while. The stocks in many store are still huge. There should be some left for me :D

Lots of people keep posting in our Australian threads :P

You will find with K-Mart they don't do sales as such, they just put items on clearance. There hasn't been a blanket sale on all Lego for awhile. That being said, there are always deals to find with them. Jabba's Palace sets for $109 is an example.

Lots of people keep posting in our Australian threads :P

You will find with K-Mart they don't do sales as such, they just put items on clearance. There hasn't been a blanket sale on all Lego for awhile. That being said, there are always deals to find with them. Jabba's Palace sets for $109 is an example.

That's another point that i worry. With their price right now, some of them are like 20-25% off from the Aus retail price. May be I'll buy a few first. 

My pre Lego time, then. Didn't snag one from Big W last month (saw the special, but all sold out near me). I do have a big KMart near me, so will just have to make sure I pay it a regular visit. They are stocked to the max on Vamp Castle, so hoping a deal comes along for that one.

Both Big W and KMart have had the VC below $100 previously. I am watching them now with interes, but they are sitting on $125 at KMart last I saw. I have a large stash of them already so it would take a great deal for me to show any further interest in it. 

The stack of Haunted Houses though, I scan the prices every time I enter the store. 

Both Big W and KMart have had the VC below $100 previously. I am watching them now with interes, but they are sitting on $125 at KMart last I saw. I have a large stash of them already so it would take a great deal for me to show any further interest in it. 

The stack of Haunted Houses though, I scan the prices every time I enter the store. 

I want to try and pick up a few VC's hence my interest in them. My local K-Marts never seem to stock the HH. So I suspect if it does go on sale,.online is my only chance.

I know, right? Darn them Americans.... :laugh:

You're all just reading these and laughing at the prices we pay :D

I want to try and pick up a few VC's hence my interest in them. My local K-Marts never seem to stock the HH. So I suspect if it does go on sale,.online is my only chance.

There are three at my local store. Happy to sit back and just wait it out right now, they aren't going anywhere. Massive Lego sets generally don't here so I just wait. One of the few joys of living in a smaller town, though of course only having K-Mart and Target is restrictive enough. 

Most of it has been covered by Darkness and Ausleigh above - Big W do have sales both online and in store, occasionally you may get some pretty good deals - 7956 Ewok attack at half price of Aus RRP (I think it was either last year or beginning of 2013) comes to mind, while IMO Kmart usually has sets at slightly or in some cases significantly below Aus RRP, eg. 9467 Ghost Train at $69. As Darkness & Ausleigh have pointed out, they also do have sales and occasional price markdowns on selected Lego items at various times, IMO just not that heavily advertised. You just have to go in and take a look whenever you pass by or have the chance. Not sure if it's still on, saw 60014 Coast Guard Patrol at my local Kmart last week at $69.

I have also noted with interest that Kmart seems to be the only major retailer with the Haunted House available - a Kmart exclusive? Has anyone seen any other retailer selling it, other than the independent shops and resellers? Maybe Toyworld?

I have also noted with interest that Kmart seems to be the only major retailer with the Haunted House available - a Kmart exclusive? Has anyone seen any other retailer selling it, other than the independent shops and resellers? Maybe Toyworld?

It is K-Mart exclusive. Anyone else selling it is picking it up elsewhere first,

Some sets are on sales at BigW right now

- LR Silver mine shootout 79110...... from $118 to $78 

- Ironman Malibu Mansion attack 76007 .....from $58 to $38

- LR Colby City Showdown 79109 ...... from $88 to $58

- LR 79108 .......... $68 to $43

- LR 79107 .......... $44 to $29 

- Superman Black Zero Escape 76009 ............ from $38 to $23

Roughly, it's about 30-40% discount. But for me, I don't like any of them :ike:

Some sets are on sales at BigW right now

- LR Silver mine shootout 79110...... from $118 to $78 

- Ironman Malibu Mansion attack 76007 .....from $58 to $38

- LR Colby City Showdown 79109 ...... from $88 to $58