Lego Star Wars on the decline?

So I know that Star Wars has been somewhat of a Flagship for TLG, but is it just me or has anyone noticed a slight decline in the interest among LEGO fans and collectors/investors? There are so many promising investment prospects in other themes I feel that unless TLG Steps it up in the Star Wars Theme, it will fall by the wayside. The B-wing and the Rancor pit, while decent sets won't cut it IMO. Anyone else feel the same way or am I just way to new at this game??

So I know that Star Wars has been somewhat of a Flagship for TLG, but is it just me or has anyone noticed a slight decline in the interest among LEGO fans and collectors/investors? There are so many promising investment prospects in other themes I feel that unless TLG Steps it up in the Star Wars Theme, it will fall by the wayside. The B-wing and the Rancor pit, while decent sets won't cut it IMO. Anyone else feel the same way or am I just way to new at this game??

Your observation is quite true. If you have paid attention to the CAGR theme values, the STAR WARS theme has been slowly dropping in rank over the last several months. Call it a lack of interest from the lack of new movies. Maybe people are tired of old sets being redone. I'm a big fan of the new UCS sets and I think they will appreciate nicely. There are also some new regular STAR WARS sets that will do well, but the days of all STAR WARS sets just exploding in the secondary market are done.

I am not writing off the theme in any way, LEGO still has a long time to go on their deal with George Lucas. A new movie or cartoon could stimulate ideas and sales. LEGO investing is getting more difficult and the STAR WARS theme is a perfect example. There are plenty of sets that appreciate very well and many sets that do not, it's just up to you to figure it out. Gone are the days of 20% annual growth for EVERY STAR WARS set. But like I said earlier, don't write them off quite yet, but it wouldn't hurt to diversify a little.

This is just a beginner's opinion, but I think there are just too many Star Wars sets always out at a given time. At my local Targets, it seems like SW alone takes up half a LEGO aisle. Some of the sets are obviously super awesome, but many of them get nothing more than a "meh" out of me. When there is so much to choose from, it almost gets overwhelming. I think this is why people are shifting towards the newer themes. It is easier to focus on completing a theme when there are only 6 to 8 sets in it, not 30 or whatever. I'm sure I speak for most of us here that when we buy one set from a theme, the rest are soon to follow to satisfy that "completist" urge we all have.