Ideas #002: 21101 - Hayabusa

brickinfinite

• 1 month later...

I have 2 that picked up from Lego on sale last year for $40.  Now that it is retired, I expect it to hit $150 in 2-3 years.  I don't think it is a home run set, but there is negligible downside risk if you can get it below $80.  Obviously, your risk goes up some if you are paying over the list of $50.  I don't expect it to perform like the submarine and hit $250 since I believe that was a Japan only release.

• 1 month later...

All but one of the reviews praise it. Speaking of which, is there a topic that discusses the impact current reviews has on a decision in whether to invest? (Sorry, I have not yet read everything available on this site).

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Hayabusa-21101#summary-tabs

There isn't really any discussion around that I know of that examines the impact of Lego Shop reviews.  My thoughts are any impacts would be pretty minimal.  But feel free to start a new topic on it and get a few opinions on it to toss around a little.

We do have here the ability to review sets with a heavy slant on investment potential.  There has been one written for the Hayabusa here.

• 6 months later...

I own one 21101 MISB. Should I sell it now or keep it a bit longer?

I would say the high growth has already happened.  It should continue to grow slow and steady.  With only 1, I wouldn't sell yet until your storage is full and you need to sell 1 to fit another on the shelf.  All the ideas hype might push these early Cuusoo sets higher.  I only have 2 and am holding longer.

When i bought mine from the lego store in anaheim ca, there was only one left on the shelf and i wasnt quite sure what it was so i bought it, problem is, the box was a tad banged up, like it was moderatly squished and causing a dent in the front of the box, does this de-value the set a whole bunch or am i okay?

The fact that you have one, well there's money right there. I'm also assuming it's unopened (regardless of the damage). As long as it's unopened, it should met you a decent profit. Although not as much as if the box was mint.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

The fact that you have one, well there's money right there. I'm also assuming it's unopened (regardless of the damage). As long as it's unopened, it should met you a decent profit. Although not as much as if the box was mint.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

yeah, its unopened and in a safe place along with the rest of every cuusoo/ideas i have (except for that darn submarine) haha