60022 - Cargo Terminal

cobi

Add that to the fact that there hasn't been news of any jet-type plane next year should make this a sound investment until the next cargo plane comes out. 

Hopefully the next jet-type plane doesn't come out for a while. My prediction is at least 4 years before the next jet-type plane is released under the City theme.

Most of the ones I ordered from TRU last week got canceled...happen to anyone else? I was able to snag the last 4 on Ebay TRU...we'll see if those ship.

Thx to you guys, I ordered 12 from Amazon UK last night, but after hearing how many everyone is getting, I might be ordering another dozen or two.

Does anyone know if these will be the same identical box as the U.S. version? I remember ordering a copy small city sets from there before, and I know it didn't have the set piece count on the box. ...probably not a big deal though.

I'd be surprised if the next city airplane doesn't arrive until 4 more years. 3182 retired December 2012 and the refresh 60022 came out just 8 months later in August 2013

I guess I didn't phrase that right. I think that the next Cargo type plane will be released in 4 or more years. I think there should be a passenger plane coming out within the next year or two.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if the next city airplane doesn't arrive until 4 more years. 3182 retired December 2012 and the refresh 60022 came out just 8 months later in August 2013

Agreed, the passenger style airport should see a refresh in '16 at the latest. There hasn't been a year without some type of big plane going back to 2007.

7894 Airport: Oct 2007-Dec 2008

7734 Cargo: Dec 2007-Nov 2009

3182 Airport: May 2010-Dec 2012

60022 Cargo: Aug 2013-Dec 2014

• Like 1

Most of the ones I ordered from TRU last week got canceled...happen to anyone else? I was able to snag the last 4 on Ebay TRU...we'll see if those ship.

Thx to you guys, I ordered 12 from Amazon UK last night, but after hearing how many everyone is getting, I might be ordering another dozen or two.

Does anyone know if these will be the same identical box as the U.S. version? I remember ordering a copy small city sets from there before, and I know it didn't have the set piece count on the box. ...probably not a big deal though.

Typically European boxes don't include the piece count. That's about the only difference. I've never had a buyer complain, although selling on eBay allows you to post pics of the box. Not sure where you will be selling.

Don't remind me about those 3182 airports...I'm still angry about the 20, or so airports that I sold for 100-120, right after they retired...got most of them for $60, but still...they are approaching  $300 now!

I remember seeing 2 whole pallets of the 3182's at a local TRU a couple yrs ago for $79.99....wish a would've unloaded those in my car.

• Like 1

Don't remind me about those 3182 airports...I'm still angry about the 20, or so airports that I sold for 100-120, right after they retired...got most of them for $60, but still...they are approaching  $300 now!

I remember seeing 2 whole pallets of the 3182's at a local TRU a couple yrs ago for $79.99....wish a would've unloaded those in my car.

That's why I'm waiting at least a few years before selling my Cargo Terminals.

Guest ph4tb0i

that's my plan as well....I'm a little more seasoned now. I was just starting off back then...thinking a $30 was good. =/

haha, that's the same set I kick myself over too! Sold them for 150CAD when I got them for 100 thinking I made a score...

*tearful high-five*

i dont know about ordering such a large number at once ... amazon shipping and packaging has been sketchy at times coming from accross the pond ... having a large number of sets in a box will probably kill the condition of a few sets ... add in the winter snow and rain and you can have yourself a damp shipping box in no time ... just my two sense ... ive bee ordering these at 2-3 at a time and wait until shipping notice to put in another order ...

Most of the ones I ordered from TRU last week got canceled...happen to anyone else? I was able to snag the last 4 on Ebay TRU...we'll see if those ship.

Beside piece count on the box, the UPC May scan differently than the US set so that is something to keep in mind if you sell FBA.

55.99 GBP minus the vat is 46.66 + shipping + customs. Works out to about 90 - 100 CAD per set on a set that retailed for 129.99. Whether you want to buy in or not at that price is entirely up to you. :)

I think you're right though. There's definitely something in the water and ph4tb0i is out of his mind for buying 30 at that price. SO EVERYBODY DO NOT BUY IT! IT'S A RIIIIPPPP OFF! 

*hoards more... click click click*

Well I didn't say it wasn't a good deal .. I said I missed something and wasn't able to understand correctly .. for long shot it's good .. Now I understand .. sorry I'm new here .. but been hardcore collector ,reseller/trader worldwide for 7 years with Disney Cars ... Same soup.. ;)

Guest ph4tb0i

No prob man. We all needed to start somewhere. :)

I give it about a year.. maybe 2 to see some nice gains on this though. Jet planes/Passenger Trains/Random Boats all seem to do well for Lego long term.