Target Deadlines for Cuusoo Projects

MartinP

I was reading this article on brickset.com earlier today and I thought that I was mention this to other members. The article is about possibly adding deadlines for Cuusoo projects. I was just wondering about other members opinions on this idea. Do you think it would work? Do you support this idea? I personally support this idea because I have seen at least 50 Cuusoo projects with less than 100 supporters. At that rate, it could possibly take decades for the project to reach 10,000 supporters.

I suppose a deadline with a proposed model like 25 supporters within 30 days for the project being posted may help reduce the 'clutter' but who's to say the person won't turn around to try and post the whole thing over again? There are a handful of really good projects that despite all efforts to publicise it through means of youtube, flickr, MOCpages, brickshelf, google, tumblr, whatever, they still get little to no attention at all. It's rather depressing seeing someones brilliant original build easily overlooked by everything attached to some random license. Maybe if the project does not reach full support within a timeframe perhaps then. I just would not like to see somebodies hard work go to waste just because people did not vote fast enough.

Well, if Lego did take inspiration from glenbricker's idea then they should cancel the projects they know right out the gate they were never going to go through with to begin with instead of waiting until it reaches the first milestone to say "Hey, good idea but we're not doing it. Never were actually and waited til now to say something. Sorry about that!"

I think we should be looking at both sides of the coin on this one. TOK already gave some great reasons why there shouldn't be a deadline - Would be a shame to see an amazing project kicked off the CUUSOO site because it didn't get enough supports in a certain amount of time. 

On the flipside, there are some builds on CUUSOO that are simply trash, and poorly constructed. Maybe if your build doesn't get 50 supports in the first 2 months then it is kicked? Seems like a pretty generous amount of time to get 50 supporters. Even then, if the creator and his supporters don't go around spreading the word about the project, some great builds could end up in the interweb, floating around somewhere, just waiting...

My guess is that the CUUSOO team took this into consideration but they came up with enough advantages of not making deadlines for CUUSOO's that they came out with what they have now. It wouldn't be quite like LEGO to not think it through, especially on something as customer-oriented as CUUSOO projects.

• Like 1

On the flipside, there are some builds on CUUSOO that are simply trash, and poorly constructed. Maybe if your build doesn't get 50 supports in the first 2 months then it is kicked? Seems like a pretty generous amount of time to get 50 supporters.

Indeed, there are so many poorly presented projects on there. A kick out system would work so I won't have to subject my eyes to unnecessary torture.