9474 Helms Deep "Call to check product availability"

Not saying its retired but Helms Deep has the "Call to check product availability" Doesnt mean its retired but a good sign its days are numbered. The partnering set 9471 uruk hai Army retired a few weeks ago.

~Spart

It may be a sign of EOL. The set is also unavailable in Canada link, but it is available in all the other countries. It is probably just a supply shortage to the USA and Canada.

Is a stupid idea take a track of these events to create a database?

So in the future we can verify if the path towards the EOL is the same for every set 

Great idea, its more about logistics - I like it though. We can use Amazon, unfortunately others don't say how many are left. But I think Amazon is a good measuring stick.

• Like 1

Is a stupid idea take a track of these events to create a database?

So in the future we can verify if the path towards the EOL is the same for every set 

There seems to be too much variability in how Lego updates LEGO Shop at Home and their inventory.  I like the idea of tracking it, but Helm's Deep went from "call to check" to "sold out" very quickly while a set like Batcave was temporarily out of stock twice in the last month and went back to "available" and is not temporarily out stock again...3rd time in a month or so... 

There seems to be too much variability in how Lego updates LEGO Shop at Home and their inventory.  I like the idea of tracking it, but Helm's Deep went from "call to check" to "sold out" very quickly while a set like Batcave was temporarily out of stock twice in the last month and went back to "available" and is not temporarily out stock again...3rd time in a month or so... 

Part of that is just the supply chain issues and not accurately tracking the amount of sets that are in stock, in route to locations, back orderd, etc... but also LEGO has made it very clear they are taking steps to stop resellers so i dont doubt they are trying to keep us resellers on our toes by not making a standard process to retiring sets.

Odd time to EOL two popular sets, just before the Christmas rush I would have epected them to be around unitl January.

Of course 9472 & 9476 went "EOL" in June, since that time Amazon UK has been selling them at a 30% +  discount.

And the BP price for these two is still falling.

Odd time to EOL two popular sets, just before the Christmas rush I would have epected them to be around unitl January.

Of course 9472 & 9476 went "EOL" in June, since that time Amazon UK has been selling them at a 30% +  discount.

And the BP price for these two is still falling.

I think we are nearing the range where set prices should slowly start ticking upwards.  That is my hope.

Everyone assumes these are slam dunks, but I am starting to question their popularity a bit. If Helm's Deep doesn't shoot up quickly into the $150+ range by Christmas, I think that's a bad sign.

One word of caution is that Amazon is still showing tons in stock, so it may be awhile before their stock is gone and they're selling for $111, $19 under retail. 

I agree, though - Helm's Deep hasn't performed as I expected so far.  There's a ways to go yet before it's considered a dud though.

One word of caution is that Amazon is still showing tons in stock, so it may be awhile before their stock is gone and they're selling for $111, $19 under retail. 

I agree, though - Helm's Deep hasn't performed as I expected so far.  There's a ways to go yet before it's considered a dud though.

I think it will perform $30-40 behind Hogwarts.  Which isn't really that bad, considering Hogwarts has been amazing!

I think it will perform $30-40 behind Hogwarts.  Which isn't really that bad, considering Hogwarts has been amazing!

I think your future value for HD is spot on.  It doesn't have the number of recognizable character minifigures that HP does, but it's still an iconic part of the movie and the largest set of the first wave of LOTR. 

I continue to be impressed by the performance of HP sets.  They're simply amazing and in serious demand by buyers.   

I think we need to let the 2013 holiday season clear out the remaining online retailer inventories before the serious HD gains begin.  nolanfan - keep the faith!

• Like 1

I see alot of mention of Hogwart's over these forums..but there were 4 made? I came along after the Harry Potter series was retired already...which of the Hogwart's do most people refer to? I bought a used 4709 after reading that Hogwarts was selling used for $250. Apparently I jumped the gun because my 4709 isn't going to fetch anywhere near $250.

Just trying to figure out where you think HD will fall in the price spectrum. I bought 5 at $65 a piece. If it clears $200 I'd consider it a win! I'd clear over $500 after fees/shipping/gas etc.

Haha, I hear you quacs. Performing even close to Hogwarts would be amazing. Dallas20, most people refer to 4842, the most recent one, as it was the biggest one produced. The others are cool, but the fact that 4842 has a ton of figs, and pairs with 4867, seems to make it the big winner. Re: HD, LOTR, etc, I really think the new Hobbit movie will help make or break this in the near term. I still think the last Hobbit movie getting so-so reviews, being really long, etc, has hurt some interest in the line. Desolation of Smaug previews look way more exciting, so I hope it is awesome and spurs some interest in the Hobbit line, which in turn should help the LOTR theme.