9474 Helms Deep "Call to check product availability"

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm 38 and I can't watch the Shelob scene, or the spiders scene in HarrybPotter and Chamber of Secrets.

Gollum, not a problem. :D

I think I might have a problem with the next hobbit movie :(

I'm 48 and I love spiders.  I had a pet tarantula mounted in a glass case when he died which is in my office - RIP poor Boris.  We have trees in the garden and we have lots entering the house at this time of year when it rains.

How do you mount a tarantula???

Carefully.

I'm 48 and I love spiders.  I had a pet tarantula mounted in a glass case when he died which is in my office - RIP poor Boris.  We have trees in the garden and we have lots entering the house at this time of year when it rains.

Right I am avoiding the Reading area.

You would like the Avondale spiders. I found a small one when I was a kid in a 30cm plant pot saucer. It took up the whole pot! I think I took off straight up!

I don't quite understand some people's views on LOTR sales being based on how recent the movies were released.  One only needs to look at Star Wars.  They haven't made a movie in years and in my opinion have been rehashing the same sets for years yet Lego continues to pump them out every year.  I have a 10 year old cousin that loves the sets and my 4 year old thinks they're neat.  Boys will like them regardless of whether or not they've seen the movie because they have things boys like: weapons, castles, animals and creatures.  Also, I think people tend to undervalue the fact that the books have been around for decades (I read them all 15 years before any movie) and I believe there to be a substantial nerd/cult following.

Guest TabbyBoy

How do you mount a tarantula???

A blob of glue on each leg and under the abdomen.  I'll grab a photo and use it as my avatar.  Thanks for the idea, guys! ;-)

I don't quite understand some people's views on LOTR sales being based on how recent the movies were released.  One only needs to look at Star Wars.  They haven't made a movie in years and in my opinion have been rehashing the same sets for years yet Lego continues to pump them out every year.  I have a 10 year old cousin that loves the sets and my 4 year old thinks they're neat.  Boys will like them regardless of whether or not they've seen the movie because they have things boys like: weapons, castles, animals and creatures.  Also, I think people tend to undervalue the fact that the books have been around for decades (I read them all 15 years before any movie) and I believe there to be a substantial nerd/cult following.

starwars does have the clone wars out right now, that cartoon im sure draws in alot of children. Im sure if lotr had a similar cartoon it would help draw in kids and increases sales.