Superman vs Man of Steel Lego

TheDarkness

Recently I have been stocking up on the Power Armour Lex set but also contemplating getting the Man of Steel sets. Having recently seen MoS though I honestly am extremely hesitant to purchase any of them.

I will confess to never being a Superman fan. After the first trailer for MoS was released though I was actually looking forward to it. Simply put I thought the movie was horrible and now has me contemplating if the Lego sets will hold any real value in the future. The movie itself was fairly derided so I question if will there be enough in the secondary market to push for decent returns. The minifigs in the set are excellent but the sets themselves fairly ordinary.

What does the BP community think? I will keep racking up the Power Armour Lex sets as I think they will give a better return in the long run. I know picking up sets heavily discounted will help, however that aside, can the MoS sets provide decent prices past retail price when they go EOL?

Personally I like the classic look of the Power Armour Lex set. But I think  the MOS sets will do well. However given that there are more MOS sets than the one that classic look superman and Wonderwoman figures are going to do well for now. They both sell for $10 USD most days which almost pays for the set at full retail here.

I like the Lex set better than the Man of Steel ones.  Those 3 minifigs are cool(and exclusive (to-date for this set).  Initially I had my doubts about the Armor / Mech suit.  However, I was pleased  after building it with my son.  Pretty cool set.  It will do well in retirement (especially if it retires w/in 3-4 month).