It seems like several sets have just retired today

Guest TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy

I've been browsing LEGO Shop at Home in the UK as they now state the following as "Retired Product":

9464 - Vampyre Hearse

9468 - Vampyre Castle

9476 - Orc Forge

4433 - Dirt Bike Transporter

4432 - Garbage Truck

Sorry if I'm a bit behind with the news and this is already common knowledge.

I've just bought 3x 9464 from Boots UK with their 3 for 2 offer.

The entire Monster Fighters theme has also gone from Asda UK.

I've been browsing LEGO Shop at Home in the UK as they now state the following as "Retired Product":

9464 - Vampyre Hearse

9468 - Vampyre Castle

9476 - Orc Forge

4433 - Dirt Bike Transporter

4432 - Garbage Truck

Sorry if I'm a bit behind with the news and this is already common knowledge.

I've just bought 3x 9464 from Boots UK with their 3 for 2 offer.

The entire Monster Fighters theme has also gone from Asda UK.

Very interesting. I checked USA LEGO Shop at Home and the 9476 and the 9464 were sold out. All the other sets were available.

They removed a lot of other retired products last night too.  I am trying to absorb all the changes that were made...

EDIT: Wish the stupid #$%^#%$ B-wing was gone.

The Euro zone have yet to get the May 4th discount on the B Wing that the US did. We are hoping we get a crack at a 50% discount before it goes. I think the Aussies and New Zealanders and all the rest of the world would feel the same. I feel that i'm 2nd class scum in the eyes of LEGO company. I want my discount and I want it now. I'm throwing all of my toys out of my pram.  :baby:

• Like 2

The Euro zone have yet to get the May 4th discount on the B Wing that the US did. We are hoping we get a crack at a 50% discount before it goes. I think the Aussies and New Zealanders and all the rest of the world would feel the same. I feel that i'm 2nd class scum in the eyes of LEGO company. I want my discount and I want it now. I'm throwing all of my toys out of my pram. :baby:

Not sure you'll ever see that 50% in EU. B-Wing was on sale in my local Lego Shop (Cardiff) at 25% off over the summer. Once they shifted the units they had, they don't seem to have restocked it. I'd pick one (or two!) up ASAP (new ones are still pretty cheap on ebay). It's an underrated ship - I reckon it will be worth a lot in a few years time.

Not sure you'll ever see that 50% in EU. B-Wing was on sale in my local Lego Shop (Cardiff) at 25% off over the summer. Once they shifted the units they had, they don't seem to have restocked it. I'd pick one (or two!) up ASAP (new ones are still pretty cheap on ebay). It's an underrated ship - I reckon it will be worth a lot in a few years time.

Sadly I live in Ireland and we don't have a Lego shop in Ireland. I've never seen a LEGO shop in my life. I'll never see or get anything in discounts other than what LEGO Shop at Home offer. We can't all be winners I suppose. 

The Euro zone have yet to get the May 4th discount on the B Wing that the US did. We are hoping we get a crack at a 50% discount before it goes. I think the Aussies and New Zealanders and all the rest of the world would feel the same. I feel that i'm 2nd class scum in the eyes of LEGO company. I want my discount and I want it now. I'm throwing all of my toys out of my pram.  :baby:

Lego discounts usually suck. The only things I saw worth it were Obi Wan's starfighter (the UCS one) discounted at 50% like 3 years ago and I wasn't into investing back then at all so I missed it. The only discount I had a bite at was the winter village cottage and the VIP minifigs.

I have yet to see the B-wing discounted at all in my country...or any other UCS set for that matter...

So you are saying that these sets are also retired in Spain? I foresee retirement for these sets in the USA in the near future.

That's correct.

I think that there's the US LEGO Shop at Home - not sure if it includes CA - and then there's everyone else. Once an item gets retired on a non-US LEGO Shop at Home location, it's gone for all other non-US locations. US LEGO Shop at Home plays by it's own rules.

Well, MF sets are not retired in France (and probably not in Spain).

The drop box (on their respective webpage on LEGO Shop at Home) allows one to choose a second reference/set number, which is not discontinued.

I guess this has to do with the glow-in-the-dark stickers.

Well, that's a new. Hadn't noticed that new drop down before.

That's correct.

I think that there's the US LEGO Shop at Home - not sure if it includes CA - and then there's everyone else. Once an item gets retired on a non-US LEGO Shop at Home location, it's gone for all other non-US locations. US LEGO Shop at Home plays by it's own rules.

The one pattern I noticed after looking at the retirement dates for sets, is that they always retire last in the USA. Probably because they have the greatest demand here.