TMNT 2014

Really? what's wrong with you man! Female transformer robots look good dude, you need to lighten up a bit.

If we were talking about Arcee from the original Transformers cartoon then okay but the Decepticon 'girl' from the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen movie who almost skewered Shia LaBeouf's character with that spike tail of hers?! Not exactly my idea of a hot date. (Plus a major "WTF?!" moment.)

• 2 weeks later...

Here are three of the sets from the "Ninja Turtles" movie including the highly anticipated Turtle Lair Invasion.

Not sure what to say exactly. The Lair here is more impressing than the other yet the Turtle Van feels the opposite. I am so glad I did pick up the Shellraiser Chase even more so now. The Big Rig is interesting to the eye. Unfortunately, we don't get a good look at how the minifigures look in this shot. I can't see Lego doing a redesign on anything for those turtles so I wonder what the printing will be like?

• 3 weeks later...

The minifigures appear to be "Cragger" green instead of the irish green of the cartoon figs.  At first glance, it seems these sets have a darker feel to them that could make them more appealing to older builders/collectors.  Color me surprised that they are releasing "remakes" before the originals are done.

I almost like the cartoony sets a little better - they harken back to the 80s Turtles a lot more.  I do think collectors will like these, though. 

TMNT sets will be huge when they retire...movie or no movie...great movie or terrible movie.

Every other TMNT toy sells like crazy.  They can't keep TMNT toys stocked during Christmas.   I've been selling them for years.  This would be the VERY FIRST TMNT toys that don't do well. (That I know of.)  I don't see that happening.  Feel free to bet against 20 plus years of success if that is your prerogative...

...and while you might not like Bay movies, kids love them and they sell tickets like crazy.

• Like 1

The minifigures appear to be "Cragger" green instead of the irish green of the cartoon figs.  At first glance, it seems these sets have a darker feel to them that could make them more appealing to older builders/collectors.  Color me surprised that they are releasing "remakes" before the originals are done.

I almost like the cartoony sets a little better - they harken back to the 80s Turtles a lot more.  I do think collectors will like these, though.

I think the minifigures based on the Nick cartoon appear more true to the original source than the ones for the film. I wish there were some way better close-ups of them but this is all I could muster. It's taken from the Press Release 2014 catalog.

gallery_2081_28_181184.jpg

• Like 2

TMNT sets will be huge when they retire...movie or no movie...great movie or terrible movie.

Every other TMNT toy sells like crazy. They can't keep TMNT toys stocked during Christmas. I've been selling them for years. This would be the VERY FIRST TMNT toys that don't do well. (That I know of.) I don't see that happening. Feel free to bet against 20 plus years of success if that is your prerogative...

...and while you might not like Bay movies, kids love them and they sell tickets like crazy.

I think you might be right. What are your top two picks? I've got a few Baxter revenge from lego shop clearance last month and that's it so far but want to get some of these I think they're a sleeper.

I'm assuming since they're not in the Spring Catalog that these will be released later on? Anyone have any idea on the release dates?

The pics a few posts above say in red font "Available in July" on the movie items and "Available in April" for the Turtle Sub which appears to be a cartoon set.

I think the series one turtle sets will do quite well, especially the ones that dont show up again. 

It appears they're ALL clearanced out at my targets other than the Shredder bike. Does that mean the Shredder bike will be the only one to stay on shelves, along with the Series 2 items? Who knows.

• Like 1