TMNT 2014

I'll be happy to get a better face print for Mikey in the new wave. Hopefully these sets show a bit more inspiration than the previous wave.

I get Michelangelo is supposed to be the goofy one but I agree his two different current ones are just derpy looking. If at least one of the new sets give him the classic 'serious' face, I'll be happy as a turtle eating pizza.

• 3 weeks later...

No additional mousers in any of the new sets puts the Baxter rampage set to a new level. Time to load up. Anyone who has watched the original first two seasons would remember the mousers. I'm going to buy a few more of that set.

Hope the new sets will have bebop and rocksteady. And I'm hoping for Casey Jones, the psycho with the hockey mask. I'd buy 12 of those minifigs just to form two hockey teams.

Well, 79117 should kill any demand for the current turtle lair as It will probably be a large improvement over the current one.

I just hope the new sets are really good as the first wave was a definite letdown for me personally.

Thank god I offloaded my lair. I agree with you. The $100 lair will kill the previous one.

I am still waiting for the shredder bike to go on sale again.  It seems to me that most of the tmnt line didn't get discounted as much or heavily as the rest of the lego themes. 

I wouldn't right off the original lair yet.  If they change the minifigs, I would think a lot of collectors would still want the original figs like Leonardo.

I am still waiting for the shredder bike to go on sale again.  It seems to me that most of the tmnt line didn't get discounted as much or heavily as the rest of the lego themes. 

I wouldn't right off the original lair yet.  If they change the minifigs, I would think a lot of collectors would still want the original figs like Leonardo.

I'm not sure what new sets have Splinter in them either.

None of the first wave Turtle sets hit a good discount around me either. Oh, Krang Lab Escape at $1 off, Stealth Shell with $2 off, Shredder's Dragon Bike $4 off, Turtle Lair $5 off, and Shellraiser Chase not once. Only Amazon had a sale for the Shellraiser Chase ($10 off I believe) and did not last at all as it practically sold out every time.

Agreed. I'm glad I bought up all the first wave stuff because the second offerings have the turtles in all sorts of outfits and I just wanted the 'classic' look (at least close as one can get in Lego form). I don't know anymore of what the new sets look like than you but so far all I want is whatever one has Mike featuring his 'serious' face and that's it.

I have one full set already built for my son.  I have 2-3 other sets put back for investment.  KMart had 15% off of TMNT at least once and you could stack some coupons with it.  I did get a couple Shellraisers for $29.98 each at Target in July and I also saw the Turtle Lair for $34.98 then.  The Stealth Shell was $15 on Amazon for a long time and Shredder's bike dropped to $18.99 a couple times on Amazon as well.

Not really new but The Brick Fan has set info for the ones related to the animated TV series.

Karai Bike Escape (79118) - 88 pieces

• Pull Leonardo's skateboard at speed in Karai Bike Escape with motorbike, mutagen canister, explode-function road sign and vending machine.
  • Hang on tight and recover the mutagen!
  • Karai has grabbed one of the lost mutagen canisters and is trying to escape on her super-cool motorbike. Attach a rope to the back of the bike with Leonardo and take a thrill-packed skateboard ride through the city streets. Hang on tight as Karai accelerates and recover the mutagen!
Mutation Chamber Unleashed (79119) - 196 pieces
  • Turn humans into mutants in the Mutation Chamber with mutation switch and spinning electrodes. Plus Spider Bytes with huge grabbing claws.
  • Unleash the mutated Spider Bytez against the Turtles!
  • Uh-oh, it's Turtle trouble! Raphael has infiltrated the Kraang's lab and discovered the Mutation Chamber which can turn humans into mutant creatures. Climb the ladder with Victor, spin the electrodes and knock him into the mutation tank. Turn the knob to unleash the mutated Spider Bytez against the Turtles!
T-Rawket Sky Strike (79120) - 286 pieces
  • Stage an epic aerial battle with the T-Rawket featuring ejector seat and pizza shooter versus Kraang Ship with ooze barrel dropper.
  • Launch a Turtle-powered Sky Strike with the T-Rawket!
  • Green alert! The Kraang Ship is dropping mutagen bombs all over the city. Take to the skies with Donatello and Michelangelo in the Turtles' homemade T-Rawket. Dodge the Ship's flick missiles and return fire with a sizzling slice of Turtle Power from the powered Sky Strike with the T-Rawket!
Turtle Sub Undersea Chase (79121) - 684 pieces
  • Launch a pursuit with Turtle Sub with shooter and detachable mini sub vs. the mini Kraang sub with flick missile shooter and 4 minifigures.
  • Lead an underwater pursuit of The Kraang!
  • The Kraang have got the power cell and are getting away in their mini Kraang sub. Rev up the engine of the awesome Turtle Sub and power away in hot pursuit with Donatello, Leonardo and Leatherhead. Watch out for the Kraang sub's flick missiles!

• 2 weeks later...

12062305613_2141418f71.jpg

:blink: ....Weird.

12062004975_f5d3842f95.jpg

MARS ATTACKS!! :frantics:

I'm not digging the Turtles alternate costumes here.  I'm much more partial to their more classic looks from the first wave sets.  I'll probably pick up one of each when I can get them for a sizable discount (30-40%) but can't see myself buying multiples of anything.

Same here. Admitedly, this is only two of the new lineup but so far I still am more inclined to the first wave sets by comparison. The T-Rawket Sky Strike might be good if they gave Mikey a more 'serious' face. It would make a good replacement for either of his goofy ones from the first time around.

Anyone remember the 4 player arcade TNMT game from the 90's?

• Like 2