TMNT 2014

The turtle van will be part of the movie lineup so it should somewhat resemble that version, though I don't think there have been any leaked pictures of what that will look like.

EDIT - Nevermind.  A quick google search shows this is what the movie version will look like.  It should be better than the Shell Raiser, though I don't know if we should just expect giant stickers on the side of it to recreate the custom paint job.  Ideally we would get a van based on the 80's/90's cartoon but I don't think that will happen.

tmnt-image-2.jpg

tmnt-image-1.jpg

Here are the last two sets related to the animated TV series.

The Brick Fan

12111102123_39b6b061aa_o.jpg

Karai Bike Escape (79118) - 88 pieces
  • Pull Leonardo's skateboard at speed in Karai Bike Escape with motorbike, mutagen canister, explode-function road sign and vending machine.
  • Hang on tight and recover the mutagen!
  • Karai has grabbed one of the lost mutagen canisters and is trying to escape on her super-cool motorbike. Attach a rope to the back of the bike with Leonardo and take a thrill-packed skateboard ride through the city streets.

12111460586_67dff1c7c9_o.jpg

Turtle Sub Undersea Chase (79121) - 684 pieces
  • Launch a pursuit with Turtle Sub with shooter and detachable mini sub vs. the mini Kraang sub with flick missile shooter and 4 minifigures.
  • Lead an underwater pursuit of The Kraang!
  • The Kraang have got the power cell and are getting away in their mini Kraang sub. Rev up the engine of the awesome Turtle Sub and power away in hot pursuit with Donatello, Leonardo and Leatherhead. Watch out for the Kraang sub's flick missiles!

Ive never seen lego sets I was less excited to get...I am an original kid of the 80s and fan of the turtles love lego yet do not understand these sets. Guess we were not the target audience for this theme no beebop an rocksteady or casey jones in 10+ sets is criminal...

The Ninja Turtles sets were never going to be aimed at the AFOL, investors asside adults must make up such a small percentage of their sales.

Is it just me or do the turtles look like Gremlins a little bit?  In fact the more I look at the movie poster the more I am convinced, they ARE Gremlins :)

Someone on Eurobricks said the exact same thing.

Bay slowly destroying my childhood memories :growl:

There is a fine line between 'artistic interpretation' and 'throwing out the book to do everything your own way'. This will probably end up being the same as the Batman & Robin movie all over again....
  • Like 1

Someone on Eurobricks said the exact same thing.

There is a fine line between 'artistic interpretation' and 'throwing out the book to do everything your own way'. This will probably end up being the same as the Batman & Robin movie all over again....

This is what frustrates me the most.  If you are going to make a movie about an established franchise then make it about that franchise.  These "artistic" changes drive me crazy.  I don't want to see Shia LaBeouf making out with a female robot and I want my turtles to be teenage and mutant!

What do people actually think is wrong with the TMNT sets?  I think the figures are well done, not sure about splinters slope brick legs.  People say about the shellraiser falls apart but that is said about other sets too.  I think there is potential for some of the sets that may be hard to find once the movie has been out a while.  Like other set themes (I'm looking at you Lone Ranger) much will depend on the success of the film.

This is what frustrates me the most.  If you are going to make a movie about an established franchise then make it about that franchise.  These "artistic" changes drive me crazy.  I don't want to see Shia LaBeouf making out with a female robot and I want my turtles to be teenage and mutant!

Really? what's wrong with you man! Female transformer robots look good dude, you need to lighten up a bit.