TMNT 2014

These will be investment winners...everyone passing on them = deep discounts later + highest selling action figure on the market today = great investment (IMO)

Good luck!

I agree with you.  The cartoon is doing really well and more episodes were ordered.  I think these will do well later on.  Many people don't think so but I have a feeling they will.  I also could be biased as I love the original series and grew up on the Turtles.

• Like 1

I believe the first year of TMNT sets will do fine for a few reasons but I'm not sure about this year's releases especially the upcoming movie ones. There is an assortment of good parts in the new sets but far as the latest ones based on the cartoon go, I just wanted a Michelangelo minifigure with a 'serious' face compared to his earlier goofy expressions. Moving along to the movie sets, I kind of like the builds in general but I couldn't care less for the actual Turtle minifigures. I think the people characters are nice and the bad guys look more like a terrorist cell so that

^ Lol I just realised the shell is actually position behind the head of the new turtle fig. So effectively, when you see the fig from the back, most of his head appears to be inside the shell. I thought these were supposed to be courageous turtles ? :D :D :D

I am so sorry LEGO is contractually obligated to produce things based on crappy source materials.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Juniors set with Leo is made differently than other "regular" lego sets?  I wasn't sure if the minifig was all one piece or something since it's a Juniors set.  I'm not sure what makes a Junior's set different from the other sets.  Those pieces can be mixed with normal Lego, right?  Sorry if I sound like a dumba$$.

Does anyone know if the Juniors set with Leo is made differently than other "regular" lego sets?  I wasn't sure if the minifig was all one piece or something since it's a Juniors set.  I'm not sure what makes a Junior's set different from the other sets.  Those pieces can be mixed with normal Lego, right?  Sorry if I sound like a dumba$$.

I don't know if he's different, but the pieces can be mixed.  The sets just have larger molded pieces that require less steps to assemble, but they are the regular Lego system.  The one set we got did not have any stickers, the elements were all printed.

Does anyone know if the Juniors set with Leo is made differently than other "regular" lego sets? I wasn't sure if the minifig was all one piece or something since it's a Juniors set. I'm not sure what makes a Junior's set different from the other sets. Those pieces can be mixed with normal Lego, right? Sorry if I sound like a dumba$$.

Thankfully the minifigures in the Junior sets are the same as any other minifigure. Nobody has this set inventoried at the moment but I believe the Leonardo from this set has at least the same head and torso used in the Turtle Lair Attack but not the legs with printing for some reason.

1cb2_b.jpg

In regards to the parts, there are just a few bulky ones that I would consider as 'juniorized' but they all work with the regular Lego system. I can see roughly 9-10 junior parts such as the turtle car base and the two brick plates making the foundation of the structure. Oh yeah, and everything is completely printed.

• 3 weeks later...

Took my son to see the new "TMNT" movie today. Unless I'm just blinded by being a father to a 6 year-old, I really liked the movie.  I know critics on Rotten Tomatoes gave it horrible reviews by a large majority, but I was thoroughly entertained.  It was much better being a 1.5 hr movie than the new almost 3 hr "Transformers". 

I didn't go out of my way to see the new "Transformers", but I was traveling for work and a co-worker wanted to see it.

Took my son to see the new "TMNT" movie today. Unless I'm just blinded by being a father to a 6 year-old, I really liked the movie.  I know critics on Rotten Tomatoes gave it horrible reviews by a large majority, but I was thoroughly entertained.  It was much better being a 1.5 hr movie than the new almost 3 hr "Transformers". 

I didn't go out of my way to see the new "Transformers", but I was traveling for work and a co-worker wanted to see it.

What you described could be explained by the presence (or absence) of one Megan Fox :P

Also the fact that TMNT is the number 1 movie in US made me question my sanity for 3 seconds.

• 1 month later...

(let's stop the off-topic on the lone ranger thread :) )

My bad, I meant 79100-79105 :)

Ah...

Well... invest in those sets... LOL... *ahem*... so "no", even with 50% off.  ^^'

Minifigs are great, but sets from this wave 1 look like some (toxic) waste.

The wave 2 (7911X-7912X) is faaaar better. :)

I can't say that for sure there is some potential in TMNT sets, hard to tell, but I got some 79121 with 50% off and I'm very happy with that ! The Leatherhead minifig is really great, and so is the turtle sub. :)

Edited by biniou