Wow, VW polybag sold for ~50$

h311m4n

I would be thrilled with anything over $20...I've put two up for auction and only came away with $14 and $16. After fees it wasn't nearly as much as I had hoped for. Good score for somebody!

Looks like I am not the only one.  The last two I sold for on ebay also came up pretty disappointing. I forgot how much they were sold for, but definitely not more than $16.

True jeff_14.  To each their own also.  I have one opened/built and one sealed poly...unless one of my regular customer asks for it at a decent price, the earliest I will post (since I only have ONE spare) is next year at this time before the holidays.  The polybag is easy to store. 

You're selling them too early. Hold them for a few months to make sure that the Lego stores have sold all they have in stock and then cash in around Christmas.

Eh not necessarily, just need to use BIN. I think this polybag could get to $25, but I have been selling them for 18.99 BIN. I will take that to get the money back now. Why? So I could put in more orders. I have 15 VW polybags. I wouldn't have been able to do that had I not cleared 300$ off it and the clone trooper and the employee minifigs.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm in no rush to sell mine as the only way is up I think, especially when we get EOL rumours of the 10220 to rekindle interest.  I have more polybags than boxes and haven't the time to check to see if I have any real gems or not.

You guys are selling for $14 after fees? These will be $25 a year from now....guaranteed. Still small money....but it's easy to toss them in a cupboard behind the macaroni and cheese and forget about them for a year...then double. These aren't galaxy squads and store employees (worthless in a year).

Guest TabbyBoy

I think that you should. You could also have the Best Offer feature there if you cannot sell the sets at the price you want to.

My last 500 or so listings have been BIN with automatic best offer accept/deny enabled. I've sold more stuff quicker this way for more money. Buyers are often impatient and this reels them in.

You guys are selling for $14 after fees? These will be $25 a year from now....guaranteed. Still small money....but it's easy to toss them in a cupboard behind the macaroni and cheese and forget about them for a year...then double. These aren't galaxy squads and store employees (worthless in a year).

May I ask why you think the store employee will be worthless in a year?  I ask because I have one in hand and need to decide to sell or hold.

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree.  What's with the hate on the Lego employee?   It's not like they are union members...  :)

May I ask why you think the store employee will be worthless in a year?  I ask because I have one in hand and need to decide to sell or hold.

Yeah, I agree.  What's with the hate on the Lego employee?   It's not like they are union members...  :)

Personal vendetta I'd imagine from his tussle with that Lego store employee featuring a ponytail over some polybag freebies.