Wow, VW polybag sold for ~50$

h311m4n

Just an update, I put mine up for sale last week. Current bids have it sold at 46$...!

If there's one advice I can give to people it's to stock up on the large VW camper set. If the simple polybag gets sold for 50$, imagine the full model within a year of retirement!

Just an update, I put mine up for sale last week. Current bids have it sold at 46$...!

If there's one advice I can give to people it's to stock up on the large VW camper set. If the simple polybag gets sold for 50$, imagine the full model within a year of retirement!

Sounds like the USA prices are higher. In the UK there are still BINs list for under

$116, that's ridiculous? Are you sure they are not thinking they will be getting the large one?  :sweat:

Pity you did not have two, you could do a second chance offer for the next highest bidder.

Being completely nosey, can you post the ebay link :) I am curious to see if it was a bidding war between two people.

Guest TabbyBoy

Wow...can't believe this, auction ended at...116$! That actually rembursed the 2 Deloreans I bought to get this polybag lol.

Well I know what I'll buy next months, more campers...

I just hope that your negative feedback doesn't read, "Set was much smaller than I expected!" ;-)

Well, I looks like I may be listing mine at

Haha yeah I know, tell me about it! I'm the first one who was surprised, never expected this to reach 100$ (well, the CHF equivalent).

This was the auction, it's a Swiss ebay equivalent, largerly used in my country:

https://www.ricardo.ch/kaufen/spielzeug-und-basteln/lego/lego-creator/lego-40079-vw-camper-polybag/v/an721422286/

The auction was pretty clear that is the polybag an not the full camper though :)

You may have just gotten lucky with those two bidders getting into a bidding war. You may have just got too people who think "if you aren't first, your last".

You may have just gotten lucky with those two bidders getting into a bidding war. You may have just got too people who think "if you aren't first, your last".

Very likely but fine by me lol.

I wish they'd all go into bidding wars for the sets I put up for sale ;)

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I'm in no rush to sell mine as the only way is up I think, especially when we get EOL rumours of the 10220 to rekindle interest.  I have more polybags than boxes and haven't the time to check to see if I have any real gems or not.

got any pics not a "pic or it didn't happen" thing. just imagining enough polys to swim through like scrooge mcduck

on topic I've sold three at $20 plus ship'******. $57 won't be then norm but good for them 

• 1 month later...

You should buy all of them

I purchased four as stocking stuffers.  I either keep my LEGO sets in my collection or give them away as gifts, and it's unlikely that I'll have 20+ occassions to give one of these away.  I just thought it was odd that they were still around after what seemed like a popular giveaway in September.  I believe LEGO Shop at Home sold out of these before the end of the promotion, but I could be mistaken.  I know they sold out of either this or the Christmas Tree Stand promo set early.

I was at the LEGO store today and noticed they were selling these for $4.99 next the the registers.  They probably had 20 or so...a good amount.

That is unbelievable.  I have 4 Lego stores around me and those Mini VW were all given away by the third week.  So jelly with all these sets all of you guys with the finds in the wild right now.