21019 - The Eiffel Tower

srm_520

Can we order pieces specific to a set using the brick link database (and not by looking up each piece)? I'd love to brick link the Taj Mahal and Eiffel Tower (I regret not buying them before as a college student on a budget), better that than buying used. But the time spent is important, so an upload of the parts list and direct links to where to buy from would be great. Does this exist? Any other pointers?

For me, I look at the inventory of the set say the Eiffel Tower. That has all the pieces that are in the set. Most of the time, bricklinking a set is better than buying a set used. Then I determine which piece I have and which ones I don't. Then I put all the pieces I need on a wanted list. A very long process for a 3,000+ piece set.

I believe you would have to go to the inventory page of the set in question and add each piece in the correct quantity to your Wanted List. Then search the Bricklink stores by "unique lot" for the stores that have the most pieces available, and commence ordering! The longest part of this effort would be to add the pieces to your inventory. Literally, you have to go piece type by piece type and add the correct quantity of each to your Wanted List. Very tedious for an almost 6,000 piece set.

I'm currently bricklinking a UCS MF, and you do NOT have to enter each piece individually.

There's an option to part out an entire set, and there is a check box that says 'notify me of minimum required quantity.' That option automatically fills in the minimum required pieces for everything. It literally takes about a minute to part out an entire set.

Just FYI for those that want to try to input each individual piece.

I'm currently bricklinking a UCS MF, and you do NOT have to enter each piece individually.

There's an option to part out an entire set, and there is a check box that says 'notify me of minimum required quantity.' That option automatically fills in the minimum required pieces for everything. It literally takes about a minute to part out an entire set.

Just FYI for those that want to try to input each individual piece.

Good to know.  Can you provide the page/location on the site with this option? 

EDIT - Nevermind - I'll answer my own question.  It looks like it's on the Inventory Page of the set in question.  There's a link underneath the "Item Availability" header entitled "Part Out" (in the "On Wanted Lists" subheader).  After fiddling around with it, it looks like you can add the whole inventory with one click.  Nifty!

Good to know. Can you provide the page/location on the site with this option?

I'll list out the steps.

1. Log in, click on the 'wanted tab'

2. In the lower tab section 3rd one in it's labeled 'part set'. click that

3. type in the set number of what you want parted out

4. type in a new wanted list name for it (you can uncheck the notify by email if you don't want to get spammed by a million different vendors)

5. click the box that says 'set minimum desired qty'

6. click submit for edit

7. Now you have the entire set parted out with the minimum required parts needed. You can delete and change quantities as desired/need.

• Like 4

Yes thank you. So what is the final cost if we were to part out all the bricks?

It's really hard to give a truly good estimate because prices fluctuate so much.

So far I've accumulated a little over 3000 pieces and have probably spent just under $600 including all the shipping costs and stuff.

It also depends on how accurate you are trying to be. I've so far only substituted just one piece. I probably won't be buying the boat mast pieces for some time. I might eventually buy the proper antenna dish, but I'm still unsure.

It's really hard to give a truly good estimate because prices fluctuate so much.

So far I've accumulated a little over 3000 pieces and have probably spent just under $600 including all the shipping costs and stuff.

It also depends on how accurate you are trying to be. I've so far only substituted just one piece. I probably won't be buying the boat mast pieces for some time. I might eventually buy the proper antenna dish, but I'm still unsure.

If you want to buy the boat mast piece and the antenna dish, that will run you at least $150. Most likely even more.

If you want to buy the boat mast piece and the antenna dish, that will run you at least $150. Most likely even more.

Yeah that's pretty low ball. Current bricklink prices for the Antenna start at $68, and the cheapest boat mast is $123 for just 1, so at least $250 for both pieces. It's ridiculous honestly.

Yeah that's pretty low ball. Current bricklink prices for the Antenna start at $68, and the cheapest boat mast is $123 for just 1, so at least $250 for both pieces. It's ridiculous honestly.

Those prices have gone up a lot. Over the summer, I think it was about $150 for the two boat masts and like $30 for the antenna. It is ridiculous.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, Legojona said:

I decided to stock up on some of these as I could see it suddenly retiring. Been around for a pretty long time now.

Hmmmmm. This set could easily last 6 years and retirement season is over till at least the summer. Hope your buy-in was low.

15 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Hmmmmm. This set could easily last 6 years and retirement season is over till at least the summer. Hope your buy-in was low.

I don't see architecture sets ever dropping very low here except in low sale opportunities of max 3 on Amazon. I did the same thing with Trevi and it worked out well. Have not seen a retiring soon set with high discounts yet, so might as well buy now in bigger quantity.

Guest TabbyBoy

I mentioned before that The Entertainer toy shop in the UK shows this set is discontinued. Maybe it's not in the latest wholesale catalogue? Who knows? However, I think it's worth picking up with a good discount. Hopefully it will make way for the AdT.

On 07/03/2017 at 0:08 AM, Legojona said:

I don't see architecture sets ever dropping very low here except in low sale opportunities of max 3 on Amazon. I did the same thing with Trevi and it worked out well. Have not seen a retiring soon set with high discounts yet, so might as well buy now in bigger quantity.

Good point. This is a set that people will regret not having in their portfolio after it's retired and unavailable at retail any longer. 

The combination of Eiffel Tower, Louvre and Arc de Triomphe will become a wanted combo in the future.

Guest TabbyBoy
19 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Watch out for the remake, though. GG and BK have already shown us that. Cityscapes are also a threat, look how little SOH has fallen in value despite the big one retiring.

Isn't everything falling in value these days? It certainly seems like it. I've not seen 21019 ET at 50% off yet so I only have the 50 I bought last year at £20 each. There's a lot on the Architecture bandwagon now so prepare to race to the bottom on this I think. It's also been available for far too long.

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I´d be watching little Big Ben´s performance to have an idea how ET will do as they are similar price points and of similar appeal. This is the first month LBB is trading above RRP on BL.

Eiffel Tower will do much better in the US, after the race to the bottom, me think.