Buying from USA and ship to Australia?

Ted

Hi everyone,

Just a newbie on this website at the moment but i have a question to ask and hope you guys can provide some advice.

I am located in Australia, thinking about joining the VIP membership on the Lego website to get some sets and also the double VIP points.

However is it possible to buy from the US Lego website and tell them to ship it to Australia? Weird, i know, but the price on the Australia side is just rubbish, i rather pay US pricing.

Cheers :D

Oh? Do they already have a database of those forward shipping company already? - i thought we will have a normal (innocent looking) forwarding address from the shipping company....

Darn, i was thinking it is highly likely that TLG won't send it directly over but maybe i can use a forwarding company......sort of dash my hopes as well.

Thanks for the advice,

Thats quite a bummer. look like we really have to shop onshore in australia here or get something from ebay international.

It does make it really hard and even make no sense. Just for example maybe you are buying a Lego gift for someone that stays in the US and because your credit card is not registered in the US then there is nothing you can do.....

I believe they won't ship it to an address that isn't the credit card holders

I think there are definitely ways around that - the drop shipping people on Ebay some how manage it.

Eitherway, you should get someone to hook you up.

Or better take a trip over here. You will probably see some kind of crime, an inept government, and chances are you will gain 40 pounds :) But you will get some Lego!

I think there are definitely ways around that - the drop shipping people on Ebay some how manage it.

Or better take a trip over here. You will probably see some kind of crime, an inept government, and chances are you will gain 40 pounds :) But you will get some Lego!

I didn't think that that was still happening directly from Lego though? Not sure. Either way people have had orders cancelled when being sent to ship forwarding companies from Australia. 

As for your last comment well we have all the same here :P

Haha nice one,

There might have a way around it, i hope i can figure it out--somehow.

Look like Obama is not doing too well isn't it? That and the government aside, at the very least, the food and Lego is definately very welcome in my arms.

I didn't think that that was still happening directly from Lego though? Not sure. Either way people have had orders cancelled when being sent to ship forwarding companies from Australia. 

As for your last comment well we have all the same here :P

Eh? ship forwarding companies from Australia?

I actually thinking about using this company. http://www.borderlinx.com/

But now hesisting. :ermm:

The competition is getting higher in Australia. We're able to get lots of deals that cost the same as US retail. 

I think not many people buy from the retail at full price anymore. Even with 20%, i still feel that buying from oversea during special promotion would be better. Some lego store here like to put the retail price and make a new price label with 20% discount. Even with the discount the price is still higher than Target and Kmart haha

I believe they won't ship it to an address that isn't the credit card holders

False.  I ship to friends and family all the time from lego.  I've never tried another country however.  Someone post an Australian address and I will see what happens.

Gunther koala

Melbourne ________________

Fill in the blanks please.

I may have become confused (not the first time... :-) but I think the OP was talking about purchasing from Lego, having Lego ship to a freight forwarder (in the U.S., so a U.S. address) and then having the forwarder send them along to him.

The Darkness seemed to be saying that Lego intentionally restricts this by refusing to ship from US LEGO Shop at Home to the US based freight forwarders they know of.

I may have become confused (not the first time... :-) but I think the OP was talking about purchasing from Lego, having Lego ship to a freight forwarder (in the U.S., so a U.S. address) and then having the forwarder send them along to him.

The Darkness seemed to be saying that Lego intentionally restricts this by refusing to ship from US LEGO Shop at Home to the US based freight forwarders they know of.

That's correct. If you are in Australia and want to buy from LEGO Shop at Home then buy from the country's site. TLG knows about the different prices for some markets and wants to keep it that way. It hurts me too as I am in Spain and EU prices > US prices.

I tried to buy from Canada and have it shipped to a US address (parcel receiving company) and my order got cancelled.

Which is exactly what they do. I tried getting LEGO Shop at Home to send the UCS Millenium Falcon it it's day, and they have only tightened the rules since internationally.

How it works within the States is one thing, but internationally Lego want to do everything they can to make us pay full price and not pay the US reduced cost. That of course is their prerogative as a business.  Ours as a consumer wanting better prices, tells them to stick it and we find other vendors.