Lego Sets to buy before end of 2013

Due to The Lone Ranger tanking at the box office is it safe to say that the Constitution Train Chase or the Stagecoach Escape may not be around for two years?  I think now is the time to buy if there is a good sale.  I believe these two sets will be investment winners.  I also like The Silver Mine Shootout.  I think it is a unique set and it may go EOL before the Constitution Train Chase and Stagecoach Escape, if these two stick around longer than I expect them to.

As the film tanked, do you not think there's a risk of Lone Ranger theme going the same way as the Prince of Persia theme?

It's putting me off at this point.

As the film tanked, do you not think there's a risk of Lone Ranger theme going the same way as the Prince of Persia theme?

It's putting me off at this point.

I believe that the Constitution Train Chase set will see good profits later down the road because it is a train set and train sets tend to do well after they go EOL.  I also belive the Stagecoach Escape set will see a nice return because I do not believe Lego had ever put out a stagecoach set in their past Western Themes.  There is a covered wagon but not a stagecoach.  I think the Stagecoach Escape is one of the nicest looking sets in the Lone Ranger line and I do not believe the movie tanking will have an impact on the future value of such a nice looking set.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1

If one were to ignore the Lone Ranger license and the reoccurring main hero minifigures, you could see these are some good sets overall and offer quite a bit for your money. The price per piece ratios are decent with plenty of nice special parts.

I also belive the Stagecoach Escape set will see a nice return because I do not believe Lego had ever put out a stagecoach set in their past Western Themes.  There is a covered wagon but not a stagecoach.

The closest thing to a stagecoach anything aside from the Weapons Wagon was this armored one for the bank in Gold City Junction.

dsc00911.jpg

Everyone cares about how there item is shipped and their initial view is formed right away upon opening the package. You keep sending the boxes in bubble mailers and you will have a problem regardless what you say in the description. if no one has made a fuss yet you have been lucky.

I agree with you about smaller sets. I love them, some appreciate quickly, are cheap to ship and shipping multiples isnt that much more work than shipping the bigger sets. Plus the Large sets are pain to package and have more risk. Id rather sell 100 small sets and make a little off the shipping for my time.

As far as using Bubble Mailers It doesnt cost that much more maybe .50 and not much more work to properly box the set. Id reconsider your strategy or you will learn the hard way. I also ship hundreds of items in bubble mailers but would not dare to send any Lego box that way. May not be an investment at $25 very well could be a gift and your showing your buyers you dont really care how their item looks when it arrives. Bad business IMO

Can you explain how you ship smaller sets for 2.50? Shipping of small sets has me baffled due to the costs and I cannot seem to find the secret sauce.

Yes, they will surely release a new set when the new movie comes out.

I believe the next set with captain america is rumored to also have a motorcycle...

Taken from eurobricks:

-76017: Includes Captain America on a red motorcyle (different than the last one, think Mutt Williams) Red Skull (red head, black body) and some green guy with yellow hands. The vehicle is olive green and has 8 wheels. It's some sort of terrain vehicle, as the background is set in a snowy area. Two long antennas in the back.

How do you ship it so cheap? Doesnt the box usually weight like at least half a pound+ the small set?

I just shipped a couple Catwoman and Capt America sets.

The 9x8x4 box is a little over 5 oz

The sets are both under 5 oz

I use bubble wrap and an air pillow

Total weight for Catwoman was 9.4 oz and Capt America was a little less

• Like 1

I am excited to watch what LEGO does with three different sets/themes:

1) Lone Ranger: I have heard (and evidence suggests) they buy two year licenses.  So it will be interesting to see if they keep producing them that long.  It should tell us a lot about how they handle movie flops.  I'm somewhat new to investing

• Like 1

1) Lone Ranger: I have heard (and evidence suggests) they buy two year licenses.  So it will be interesting to see if they keep producing them that long.  It should tell us a lot about how they handle movie flops.  I'm somewhat new to investing

Guest TabbyBoy

I just shipped a couple Catwoman and Capt America sets.

The 9x8x4 box is a little over 5 oz

The sets are both under 5 oz

I use bubble wrap and an air pillow

Total weight for Catwoman was 9.4 oz and Capt America was a little less

I've sold ~15 of the catwoman sets in the past 3 weeks, about half on Amazon and half on eBay. Nice little gold mine I found at a local Wal-Mart, $9 each - cleared $4ish on average between all sales, not a bad haul. The rougher boxes I've been parting out and made my money back on the minifigs alone already. For the ones I sold on Amazon, I used Amazon boxes at first until I ran out of my stock. For a 10x7x3" box it was 8oz and cost me $2.46 to purchase 1st class postage through Amazon.

For eBay (and Amazon after I ran out of old boxes), I wrapped the box 2 ways in sturdy scrap corrugate to guard against crushing, then put the whole thing in a 12x10 bubble mailer and taped it up. It weighed 7oz and purchasing postage through eBay/PayPal cost me $2.39. I think the mailers worked out to $0.25ea or so and of course there's the cost of tape.

So far I've gotten only positive feedback though not everybody has given feedback yet. . .typical.

I had a reseller on Amazon ship me a SW battle pack in just a bubble mailer a couple of months ago. The box was all smashed up and I complained - was going to ask for a discount but the seller never replied after 3 emails and 3 weeks grace period. I opened a case, seller still didn't respond - dude got negative feedback, and I got the set for free due to Amazon's A-to-Z satisfaction guarantee. So the lesson is, never ship a NIB item in a bubble mailer 'cuz the customer might be somebody like me who gives a hoot, and then you're in trouble! :growl: