6866 - Wolverine's Chopper Showdown

fendiixx

This one really did disappear in a hurry. Less than a month you could get them anywhere now they are nowhere to be found. Amazing

The warning signs were there though. Cap disappearing quickly was a great precedent. The UK retirement in the leadup to the Christmas rush. 

The panic for the first wave of Super Heroes is well and truly setting in. 

The warning signs were there though. Cap disappearing quickly was a great precedent. The UK retirement in the leadup to the Christmas rush. 

The panic for the first wave of Super Heroes is well and truly setting in. 

Darkness, what do you think the cap is on this set (6866) - $50-$75?

Darkness, what do you think the cap is on this set (6866) - $50-$75?

I expect to see a quick spike in it like we did with the Cap sets. I imagine they will hit that $40-50 mark fairly comfortably and settle for awhile before pushing higher though that depends on what Lego will do with the licence.

The intriguing thing is seemingly no further X-Men sets on the immediate horizon. It is odd that they haven't at least made one more set coming through yet, and there isn't even a whiff of another one. Days of Future Past is released in May and one would have thought releasing an X-Men set to coincide with that would make sense. I don't believe this is a one and done licence, but who knows?

I am very skeptical and would be reluctant to take a crack at this.  I don't know anything about Entertainment Earth, but these sets are still retired and 6865 is long gone from everywhere.

Considering they are a distributor, they have access to liquidators. I'll leave it for others to take a crack at it. I have enoug Lego for a while with all these sales in the past few months.

Yeah Legodog, they will probably never ship.  I received conformation that my order had been placed and that my cc would not be charged until the items were in stock and being prepared for shipment.  As I said they'll probably never ship, but since my cc won't be charged until they receive them, then worst case scenario it's nothing lost, nothing gained. 

Yeah Legodog, they will probably never ship.  I received conformation that my order had been placed and that my cc would not be charged until the items were in stock and being prepared for shipment.  As I said they'll probably never ship, but since my cc won't be charged until they receive them, then worst case scenario it's nothing lost, nothing gained. 

I definitely agree with you that it never hurts to try. I did the same thing with the MF Zombies set last year. I thought they wouldn't ship but ordered just in case and I ended up getting 4 of them (it was from somewhere other than Entertainment Earth but same idea).