6866 - Wolverine's Chopper Showdown

fendiixx

today sir,

6866 was available at both Target and Lego shop at Home this morning for cyber monday but has since sold out.

Amazon and Walmart were already sold out.

It went from 'call to check availability' to  'sold out' within a few hours at Legoshop@home USA!

It has been unavailable/retired for some time at Legoshop@home UK.

the other first wave sets are following suit but this is the one that will start the widespread panic!

so grateful to have ordered 8 of these this morning after thinking for several days what a no brainer it is with both wolverine and deadpool in the same set.

As someone said, hard to come up with a cooler combination than that. 

agreed.  one cool helicopter.  the 3 minifigs are pure coolness.

Only concerns I have are the 2014 summer sets. Supposedly, sets will be released based on the next X-Men movie. While a new Deadpool figure isn't likely, Magneto and Wolverine are a given. The time to sell some of your 6866 stash but might be the early Spring. Then ride the Deadpool figure popularity with your remaining 6866s and hope for the best (e.g. New wolverine is different enough for people to buy the smallish 6866). We gotta hope these minifig refreshes are major and they are not included in smaller $ cost sets.

Only concerns I have are the 2014 summer sets. Supposedly, sets will be released based on the next X-Men movie. While a new Deadpool figure isn't likely, Magneto and Wolverine are a given. The time to sell some of your 6866 stash but might be the early Spring. Then ride the Deadpool figure popularity with your remaining 6866s and hope for the best (e.***. New wolverine is different enough for people to buy the smallish 6866). We gotta hope these minifig refreshes are major and they are not included in smaller $ cost sets.

In my opinion I don't think anyone has to worry about 6866 who is sitting on these! The Wolverine and Magneto movie figures will definitely be different enough. They both wear much darker color tones  in films.  It is the strongest  Superhero set besides Funhouse Escape !  

Collectors will want this set no matter what.

Those little $20 super heroes sets will be great to sell as bundles over the years. 2  fit into USPS regular size priority boxes easy and combine well in that same box with battle pack size sets and polys. potentially better returns and same work as big box UCS or modular style items!

In my opinion I don't think anyone has to worry about 6866 who is sitting on these! The Wolverine and Magneto movie figures will definitely be different enough. They both wear much darker color tones  in films.  It is the strongest  Superhero set besides Funhouse Escape ! 

I think you missed out Arctic Batman :)

It appears that 6866 might be the next 6865 Captain America.  Here one day, gone the next.  As I write this, it is sold out at Lego, Amazon, Target, Walmart, and ToysRus.  With the three exclusive minifigures, this set is sure to be a hit.  It came out the same time as Captain America, so it is within a reasonable time frame to retire.  It's a small set, but it should have very good returns, and probably sooner than people think!  Get 'em now or live with regret!  :)

It appears that 6866 might be the next 6865 Captain America.  Here one day, gone the next.  As I write this, it is sold out at Lego, Amazon, Target, Walmart, and ToysRus.  With the three exclusive minifigures, this set is sure to be a hit.  It came out the same time as Captain America, so it is within a reasonable time frame to retire.  It's a small set, but it should have very good returns, and probably sooner than people think!  Get 'em now or live with regret!  :)

Agreed, I ordered 40 from walmart this afternoon .. was weird was sold out like the rest of the stores and bam this afternoon they had 100+ in stock weird stuff

I'm real bullish on this set too. Picked 10 a while back from Target for a little over 12 a pop (wish I had gotten more) and picked up another 20 from Target during the BOGO 30% deal. I dont think Deadpool will be in another set, at least not anytime soon. Deadpool has a huuuuuuuuge following (his first comic book appearance sells for well over 2 hundred bucks graded in the top conditions) so once this set EOLs I'm expecting some pretty healthy growth just off the exclusivity of the Deadpool fig. Nevermind that you ALSO get a bad@$$ Wolvie and Mags fig as well. Might need to pic up some more.....

MADNE$$ !!

Its already selling on ebay for about 35 shipped, $40 ish on Amazon, and appears to be white hot!

A few of us old timers in the business predicted the retirement of 6866 and 6857, and to a lesser extent some LotR, will effectively signal the begining of the profane collector/horder bubble.

These sets in particular because of thier much desired status with adults as well. 

Harley Quinn is huge, and anything with Harley Quinn or Deadpool is coveted by collectors with bottomless pockets.

Batman Adventures 12 and New Mutants 98 for instance...

Both sets meet conditions that spell madne$$!

great pick up guys!! 

I still only have about 20 Wolverine sets to 2 of the Cosmic Cube set. I think it's save to go light on the Cosmic Cube set. What do you guys think?

Cosmic Cube is nice but it lacks the "pow" of the Wolverine set in terms of minifigs. As of today, 6866 has all exclusive minifigs while the Cube doesn't.

Cosmic Cube is nice but it lacks the "pow" of the Wolverine set in terms of minifigs. As of today, 6866 has all exclusive minifigs while the Cube doesn't.

The minifigs are the difference.... but also Lego released the polybag with the Iron Man figure in it. That, plus the release of the small Iron Man 3 set means you can score an Iron Man figure in a variety of ways. 

• Like 1