Star Wars 2014

Noodlenut

lol 8088 IS a remake... It's a cool ship, definitely one of my favorites from the prequels. A fun build, too. The model was pretty big. I didn't keep mine, though. Got it cheap and sold it cheap.

Sure i know but i want 1 MISB in those new smaller boxes... easier to store away :P

The new blasters look like hair dryers. 

Yep lol... ugly as I dont know what to say lol..

Those ''old'' blasters were amazing and accurate why ruin them lol

Flick Fire missiles were a joke - Spring loaded guns that can actually shoot are cool. I think the new blasters have some promise - it will be fun to actually try to hit the enemy. It creates a new play option (taking turns shooing against each other - to try to win the battle).

promise of what... no promise of accuracy in their design compared to the movies...they look silly and I am being kind here :D

promise of what... no promise of accuracy in their design compared to the movies...they look silly and I am being kind here :D

Promise of creating an added interest in the sets. Kids have shown an excitement about the prospect of having guns/missiles that can actually shoot. As far as accuracy, these are Lego - the minifigs have large studs on their heads with holes in them! So to complain about the guns looking silly is just ridiculous.

Promise of creating an added interest in the sets. Kids have shown an excitement about the prospect of having guns/missiles that can actually shoot. As far as accuracy, these are Lego - the minifigs have large studs on their heads with holes in them! So to complain about the guns looking silly is just ridiculous.

Yes, BUT going from a good design of guns and make a step back (like with fire flick missiles) is just not cool....

• Like 1

I think these shooting guns will be really popular with kids.  LEGO knows that the adults will buy the sets for the minifigs and the actual build, but when a small child sees a set, they look at all the shooting/opening/functioning items.  This way, LEGO makes everybody buy them, whether they want to or not. :bling: It's pretty smart on LEGO's part, but I really prefer the old blasters compared to these.

Death Star Troopers! Finally! Look at those helmets. So cool. My Death Star wants these guys NOW

Yep, those are very cool figures.  About time they were made.

So, no big build sets, huh? What is going on with this lineup?

Winter wave for Star Wars has always been a smaller set wave. Summer is when the large sets will come out.

I think we had a V-wing a couple year ago, but that one was an IMPERIAL V-Wing fighter. This one is a republic one. Looks like there are a decent amount of remakes. For some of the sets, it is there first time being remade.

This is the 3rd V-Wing that I know of, and the 2nd in this color scheme. 

10841016053_6142febc39_o.jpg

You know the sand blue parts in this set will be worth something. Plus I'm loving that warrior guy at the end with his ol' world rifle. Everyone else has lasers, blasters, rocket launchers, but him? F*ck it. He carries a BOOMSTICK!!!! :lol:

Awesome movie.

Flick Fire missiles were a joke - Spring loaded guns that can actually shoot are cool. I think the new blasters have some promise - it will be fun to actually try to hit the enemy. It creates a new play option (taking turns shooing against each other - to try to win the battle).

I think kids are going to really like the new spring loaded missiles and hair dryer guns.  That's who this is targeted at anyway.  Anything that will make flick-fires go away.

Definitely not a fan of this wave of sets.  Hopefully they make some bigger sets more appealing than this.  Hell even some of the recent ones are pretty blah to me.

And dammit, I want more info on the next UCS!! *shakey fists*

Rumor of 2 UCS coming out 2014, one being the Slave I.  I know people are speculating the other is AT/AT, but I'll believe it when I see it.  C'mon Cloud City!

this new wave looks terrible :( I'll probably get grievous bike and DS battlepack only

Pretty much hit it on the head.  For myself, these are the only sets I want.  For investing, I would have have think the DS Battle pack, Kashyyyyyyyyyyk Battle Pack, and Grievous are going to do the best, that's my thinking at least.  Utapau has 4 good guys, but I couldn't even tell you what the hell Utapau is.

What vehicles haven't ever been done? Thats the tough part.

I'm sure they've done every vehicle that ever saw any screen time, but they need to do more locations.  Play sets based on locations in the movies are what is seriously lacking.  Yeah, they came out with the Ewok Village, but how many kids can afford that?  I know they would be rehashes, but an updated Cantina that isn't made out of 13 pieces.   Same goes for Yoda's hut.  How about more Mos Eisley?  Cloud City?(remake, I know, but I want a big one :shifty: )  Animals like a Bantha.  The Shield Generator from Episode 5.  Some Naboo Architecture.  Jedi Temple.  I can think of a lot of things they could make that haven't been done.

Ok, I thought of a ship, Queen Amidala's chromed out ship from Episode 1, that would be cool.

Guest eightbrick

Yeah, the whole line seems definitely targeted at the younger crowd, looking at the price points and the abundance of figs and spring guns. Perhaps we should start stockpiling the regular guns to speculate? But something tells me Lego isn't going to keep up the hairdryer nonsense for long, probably after this wave or the next they will go back. I'd even rather these guys (for anyone that remembers):

P1110395.JPG

I'm sure they've done every vehicle that ever saw any screen time, but they need to do more locations.  Play sets based on locations in the movies are what is seriously lacking.  Yeah, they came out with the Ewok Village, but how many kids can afford that?  I know they would be rehashes, but an updated Cantina that isn't made out of 13 pieces.   Same goes for Yoda's hut.  How about more Mos Eisley?  Cloud City?(remake, I know, but I want a big one :shifty: )  Animals like a Bantha.  The Shield Generator from Episode 5.  Some Naboo Architecture.  Jedi Temple.  I can think of a lot of things they could make that haven't been done.

Ok, I thought of a ship, Queen Amidala's chromed out ship from Episode 1, that would be cool.

Yeah true - I do really like the playsets. I was hoping with Ewok Village and the duel on genosis they were going in that direction.

And they did pull Jeks ship out - more from the cartoons or whatever else are at least something new. I like a lot of the new ships a lot.

I am totally with you on Amidalas ship. That one is sweet.