Well, customer service just cost me a coupon.

TheOrcKing

It took me a while to calm down enough from everything so I'll try to make this short and quick to the point. Ahem....

Earlier today I went into Target and was planning on using two of their coupons (the "$5 off Lego" & "$5 off TMNT") on Turtle Lair Attack. I also picked some other odds & ends plus a couple other sets. (See recent post in "What did you buy today?") Anyway, up at the checkout I was told they will now price match there from here on out so I would not need to go up to customer service to do so. Cool I thought. So far everything went fine, the lady cashier had a woman from customer service there to help with matching and entering in prices. At the end of everything, I handed the cashier my two coupons. They scanned fine and I was then handed the receipt as usual. Okay, here is where it all went FUBAR'd.

I look at the receipt (which took a while to decipher how the coupons worked into everything) and noticed the matched Amazon price was not listed. Instead, it had Target's in store sale price of $44.99; not the Amazon one for $39.99. So when she scanned the coupons, the $10 from both took off the wrong sale price which in the end made the item $34.99 instead of $29.99!

I went to the cashier first and told her there was a mistake. The coupons should have taken off the matched price but the receipt showed their instore sale price. She agreed, apologized, and then asked if I would be fine with a $5 gift card to make up for the 'lost' coupon but, oh no, the woman from customer service said "No" and tried to tell me everything was correct.

To cut this short, I kept telling the customer service woman the Amazon price match was not entered to show on the receipt and the two coupons each took $5 off from the store's sale price instead but she was stubborn as a bulldog and kept saying "It took the $5 off". :frantics::ireful: At this point I just politely (best as I could) gave up and said "Alright".

I'm sorry but how is it the cashier who was not the one who did the price matching saw the mistake yet the customer service woman who did could not?! :scratchhead: Someone reading this is probably thinking it was just $5. I don't care if it was $5 or $500. It should have been at the right price. What gets me is she entered in the matched price into the register (I saw $39.99 on the screen), she even asked me if it was correct and I replied "Yes, ma'am." So what the hell happened here?! I can only figure although she typed in the matched price, she forgot to complete the entered price into the system and I didn't get it. Damn it.

On a more positive note, I did get everything else price matched correctly thankfully and snagged a bunch of the Witch polybag for half off so even though I ended up unintentionally wasting a coupon (I can't print anymore), I got a pretty cool deal with those polybags. It's like I got a little bruised :blackeye: to then find some ice cream to place on upon the sore spot and it is some damn good tasting ice cream. :ok:

Determined stupidity ALWAYS torques me off, too, I don't care if it's only $5, etc. When you cool down, try contacting the store manager and/or Target corporate customer service. I hope you got the imbecile's name, but even if not, it'd be worth some of my time to pursue it.

Or, you could go all rational on me and say it's not worth it. I'd be disappointed, though. DEATH BEFORE NO DISCOUNT! Who's with me?!

Determined stupidity ALWAYS torques me off, too, I don't care if it's only $5, etc. When you cool down, try contacting the store manager and/or Target corporate customer service. I hope you got the imbecile's name, but even if not, it'd be worth some of my time to pursue it.

Or, you could go all rational on me and say it's not worth it. I'd be disappointed, though.

I really do not like getting pushed that far or at all but that customer service woman really had me fuming like a teakettle. She was nice enough; I just must not have said that 'one word' which would have made her understand. As bad as this sounds, she reminded me very much of my own father; stubborn as a mule. Your face can get blue as blueberry but soon as he gets stuck on a single teeny tiny detail, that's it. Nothing will get through.

I am much better now. I had to take a shower when I got home to quite literally 'cool off'. I agree though just on the fact of principal to do something about the whole thing a little later. I wasn't upset as much about the mistake :nomention:, it was the fact she wouldn't own up to it :angry:.

DEATH BEFORE NO DISCOUNT! Who's with me?!

HELL YEAH! Preach the word, sister! Hallelujah! :bow:

Guest brickcrazyhouse

On one hand I agree a penny saved is penny earned when in business. On the other hand one day someone is eventually going to jail over a discount.  Stupid is as stupid was half a$$ trained, you're only going to take years off your life getting upset with stupid.  best bet is to take your receipt, names of employee and write a quick letter to their corporate office.

On one hand I agree a penny saved is penny earned when in business. On the other hand one day someone is eventually going to jail over a discount.  Stupid is as stupid was half a$$ trained, you're only going to take years off your life getting upset with stupid.  best bet is to take your receipt, names of employee and write a quick letter to their corporate office.

You are right it is not a good idea to get overly worked up. All that stress doesn't help anyone and usually just makes things worse. :( I don't expect to make waves or start all out war. I am simply planning on going the more calm approach and see what I can do.

Fyi their policy is to only accept one target coupon and one manufacturer coupon per item. I don't know if it is worth contacting corporate since the price is correct based on their coupon policy.

I did in this circumstance. I used the TMNT coupon from their flyer and a "$5 off Lego" I printed from their website.

Um, Amazon's prices vary. You can't compare to Amazon...

If an item is "Sold by Amazon", you can price match with the listed price. You only can't do so if it is a third party seller. It has to be from Amazon itself.

I did in this circumstance. I used the TMNT coupon from their flyer and a "$5 off Lego" I printed from their website.

If an item is "Sold by Amazon", you can price match with the listed price. You only can't do so if it is a third party seller. It has to be from Amazon itself.

Really? Didn't know that. Some of Amazon's price are over %50 off so wouldn't have expected that...

Really? Didn't know that. Some of Amazon's price are over %50 off so wouldn't have expected that...

On two different sets which were slightly more than 30% off, the customer service employee had to call over a manager to get the system to make an override and accept it. Aside from that, I haven't had any problems every time I price matched with Amazon, Walmart, Toys R Us, or Target's own website. I haven't matched anything close to half off besides a small $6.99 but even then no problems.

On two different sets which were slightly more than 30% off, the customer service employee had to call over a manager to get the system to make an override and accept it. Aside from that, I haven't had any problems every time I price matched with Amazon, Walmart, Toys R Us, or Target's own website. I haven't matched anything close to half off besides a small $6.99 but even then no problems.

I know about Target, Walmart and those other guys, didn't know about Amazon. Thanks for telling me, I gotta go get some things then

Target coupons: Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.

I found that on their pm policy page so we are all lucky that we were able to get a pm and a coupon applied.

That sucks dude.  Can't you bring in another five dollar off coupon and try again?  Or does the coupon not work like that?

I have two coupons printed out from Target's site left but I am hoping to save those for something else later in the month. If I simply could print out the one coupon again, I wouldn't be so bummed but their site won't let me do so on that one. I am a bit miffed but between the store sale price plus the two coupons I still managed on saving $15 altogether. $20 would have been better of course but not much in crying over spilled milk. Well, much more than I already have anyway. Ha.

Next time I'll just make sure everything is entered correctly into the register than today's escapade.

Target coupons: Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.

I found that on their pm policy page so we are all lucky that we were able to get a pm and a coupon applied.

Wait a minute, that sounds like an 'either/or' situation as in you either get the price match or the store sale price with coupons. Ugh, so let me guess. When the cashier scanned the coupons, it ended up canceling the prior price match? Dang. And here I got a price matched Silver Mine Shootout just a couple of days ago with the coupon applied afterwards. :resent:

Text Kidgifts to 827438 for mobile coupons

Thank you for the tidbit.

I think the cashier just screwed it up. It is also possible that scanning two target coupons screwed something up but i don't think that is very likely. Manufacturer coupons however work after pm.

Perhaps the cashier did. The first coupon she scanned was the manufacturer's one which on the receipt shows up as taking $5 off the store sale price followed by her scanning the one I printed coming up as a $5 off that price. Man, this stuff is just giving me a headache. :wacko:

For some reason Target employees get all butt hurt over coupons.  My wife and I actually had this elderly cashier lady tell us we used too many coupons (not on LEGO but household item) and she wouldn't take any more.  We had to call a manager over and he was double butt hurt.  I think Targets hire people out of the butt hurt pile of applications.

For some reason Target employees get all butt hurt over coupons.  My wife and I actually had this elderly cashier lady tell us we used too many coupons (not on LEGO but household item) and she wouldn't take any more.  We had to call a manager over and he was double butt hurt.  I think Targets hire people out of the butt hurt pile of applications.

I blame the extreme coupon show. They used to be much more lenient.