Get an Architecture Studio 21050 before they are gone

Jeff Mack

Guys, we're starting to make this a little personal here. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and each should respect the other. Damnation, I am sure some people do not care about yours or even my own opinion either but we still have the right to one regardless. Perhaps Comicblast is not a major player but from every post of his I have read since his joining of the site, I get the impression he is not someone to simply not purchase something because of a high price. Many times before he has mentioned how he does just about any sort of chore or oddjob to earn himself the money to buy whatever he wants for himself or investing so there really isn't a question of him downplaying the set because he does not have the cash for it at the moment.I agree with your statement about the Architecture Studio possibly being a true sleeper set. I just find your original opening statement an unnecessary 'dig' towards another member.

As I stated earlier, it's not personal. Maybe it came off that way, but I am tired of people announcing that they won't buy a set when they never would in the first place. The owner of the site posted the link, so I assume he thinks it's a decent buy. First post after the owner's post, he comes on with his negative take on the set. Like I said, if I thought he was a potential buyer of the set, then I would listen, but he comes across as a nice kid with no skin in the game. This sort of behavior is like saying you wouldn't buy a Ferrari because of the gas mileage. It just sounds like sour grapes to me. Sorry if I offended anyone.

As I stated earlier, it's not personal. Maybe it came off that way, but I am tired of people announcing that they won't buy a set when they never would in the first place. The owner of the site posted the link, so I assume he thinks it's a decent buy. First post after the owner's post, he comes on with his negative take on the set. Like I said, if I thought he was a potential buyer of the set, then I would listen, but he comes across as a nice kid with no skin in the game. This sort of behavior is like saying you wouldn't buy a Ferrari because of the gas mileage. It just sounds like sour grapes to me. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Fair enough.

I got them in the mail. I thought all members got them. It was 2 20% off one item coupons and, best of all, a $10 off a cheesecake factory cheese cake! They came about / days ago.

The bottom left of the coupon flyer also says that (from 11/3 through 12/2) you can get a $10 B&****** promotional gift card if you buy at least $75 in B&****** gift cards so you could buy a gift card and then immediately use the gift card to buy the set and get a free $10 to spend later. You may have to be a member to get this offer. There is no mention of this restriction on the flyer but only members would obviously get the flyer. It has been limited like this in the past but some cashiers didn't care if you asked about it. The cashiers all have directions on how to do the $10 promotional gift card. Only catch now is that the $10 promotional gift card is only good starting Dec 26th. In the past, the promotional card was good immediately so it was like an instant discount. 

This is an example where the $25 membership more than pays for itself if you are close to a B&******. These 20% coupons come out at least 3-4 times a year.

Please forgive me if this was already explained somewhere, but what evidence is there that this is a short run set?  Has it been officially stated somewhere,

or are people assuming this because it sold out on LEGO Shop at Home quickly?  Just looking for some clarification.  I think it is a very cool and unique set, and would like to

get one.  I just need to know if I have to get it now, or if I can wait a while.  Thanks!

This is one of those sets people are getting it for the whole package or just for the book/instructions. Pieces are generic, and many are quite right that it's a brick bucket for AFOL. I know I will personally try to get the instruction book to keep. But will I get the book for $170- $200? Not likely. (It's suppose to be a US exclusive but I've seen it at the LEGO store in Calgary, but forgot about the price). With the readily available PDF of the book the price of the book by itself is pretty much capped.

Time to buy one it would appear.  

I'm trying to get a replacement for my damaged one at Amazon.com.  The CSRs appear to be a little confused about what to do.  I've received one email asking me to confirm I want a replacement and a 2nd email this morning with the following:

Hello,

I understand that you'd like a replacement for this item.

I need to look into the problem with the replacement due to some technical issues, and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in a week with more information.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution.

Best regards,

Sushma T

Something tells me that in a week, they'll be up poop creek with trying to find a replacement.

I'm trying to get a replacement for my damaged one at Amazon.com.  The CSRs appear to be a little confused about what to do.  I've received one email asking me to confirm I want a replacement and a 2nd email this morning with the following:

Hello,

I understand that you'd like a replacement for this item.

I need to look into the problem with the replacement due to some technical issues, and it'll take a bit more time than usual.

I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in a week with more information.

Thanks for giving me time to find the best solution.

Best regards,

Sushma T

Something tells me that in a week, they'll be up poop creek with trying to find a replacement.

I would just order another one and send back the messed up one.

Well, I chatted with a CSR and they were sloooow, but in the end said they'd process a replacement. I then received an email saying a replacement couldn't be processed, since there were quantity limits.  The email said I should call them.  When I spoke to a new CSR on the phone, he said he would provide a promotional gift card to purchase another Architecture Studio and I could keep the one I was trying to replace.  I couldn't apply the gift card under my account, so he just told me to create another account and place the order with the gift card.

My wife now has an Amazon account and I have a free Architecture Studio on the way.  I know I'll be able to get something out of this damaged one too, so I don't mind keeping it.  Crazy how Amazon handles things, especially since it appears every CSR does things a little differently.

Well, I chatted with a CSR and they were sloooow, but in the end said they'd process a replacement. I then received an email saying a replacement couldn't be processed, since there were quantity limits.  The email said I should call them.  When I spoke to a new CSR on the phone, he said he would provide a promotional gift card to purchase another Architecture Studio and I could keep the one I was trying to replace.  I couldn't apply the gift card under my account, so he just told me to create another account and place the order with the gift card.

My wife now has an Amazon account and I have a free Architecture Studio on the way.  I know I'll be able to get something out of this damaged one too, so I don't mind keeping it.  Crazy how Amazon handles things, especially since it appears every CSR does things a little differently.

A sordid tail with a happy ending...gotta hand it to Amazon CS (eventually). 

• Like 1