10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

• 1 month later...
On 1/1/2016 at 10:24 AM, Neosphinx said:

Don't see it in creator section either where other hard to find items like Palace Cinema still are.

Yeah, just noticed that. The only way you can find it is by doing a site search, which is a bit odd.

It's also now 'OOS will ship in 30 days' in EU.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tractorboy said:

Yeah, just noticed that. The only way you can find it is by doing a site search, which is a bit odd.

It's also now 'OOS will ship in 30 days' in EU.

Is it going? Is it really finally going? Please LEGO, don't toy with us any longer and finally put this Camper Van to rest. PLEASE! ;) 

Just checked for the 10220 on the Dutch Brickwatch site. ALL usual stores that sold the T1 till December are now stating: Sold Out. It's not in stock any longer at any of the usual toy / Lego stores. 

Of course, we've had our hopes up before that the T1 was going away, only to see a new production run come out and the T1 available everywhere. But TLG will retire it some day, and that day may now finally be coming! :) 

It´s Xmas, stock is depleted everywhere, especially of playsets. I would not read too much into it - unless.....

It will be interesting to keep an eye on ebay sales if it does remain OOS, that will tell how much it is likely to appreciate on EOL.

As we have seen with others popular sets, the QFLL´s get sucked up in no time then there is general panic and it rockets.

When this one pops, it will be at 150 euros in less than a month.

Edited by valenciaeric

32 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

It´s Xmas, stock is depleted everywhere, especially of playsets. I would not read too much into it - unless.....

On the other hand, the 10242 Mini Cooper didn't sell out. It's still available at many toy stores online. Even with 15% discount at Intertoys right now.

So either the Mini Cooper is really REALLY unpopular, or the T1 is not being restocked for 3rd party stores any longer which means TLG is preparing for its retirement. 

Let's hope the latter is the case!

Edited by Haay

8 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Which one went on discount for BF? That tells you everything and I would not rule out the Mini as a candidate for 2016 retirement.

There was no discount for Black Friday in The Netherlands, but if I remember correctly it was the Mini Cooper that received the discount treatment that day. 

So yes, it's definitely a possibility that the Mini Cooper will see its retirement this year.

Sorry to derail but wasn´t it for all EU countries this time? 5% off Brick bounty, SOH, Mini, Friends Mall, EV and a couple of others that now escape me - maybe a train. Some of those are already EOL so it suggests the others´ days are numbered too.

If we go back to the 2014 sale, the only survivor is SOH and we know it doesn´t sell well.

• 3 weeks later...

hi new to the forum and lego investing, so don't know how relevant this is but i picked up 2 t1's from toysrus today only ones on shelf but they have 02s6 on seal so newly produced i believe, also john lewis is showing 10 plus in stock online, first time since christmas.

• Like 2