10220 - Volkswagen T1 Camper Van

odenisblazin

2 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

I looked on hothbricks. 

Didn't see anything. Am I missing some clue?

It will be one of the sets on sale for BF in the Europe. I have a feeling the list will be very long. Some folks sitting on large piles of these are hoping the fact it will be on sale is a sign of imminent retirement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, asharerin said:

It will be one of the sets on sale for BF in the Europe. I have a feeling the list will be very long. Some folks sitting on large piles of these are hoping the fact it will be on sale is a sign of imminent retirement.

Yeah.  hoarding this set started way before Lego hoarding became 'cool'.  

I should know. After building a 10220 in late 2012, I started buying some eveey 4 months until mid-2015.  we can just imagine how many units are in the avg BPer portfolio.

it's a great set and you're an AFOL or KFOL.

Guest TabbyBoy

Since LEGO still have the VW licence for the new Beetle and that the IDEAS Golf "may" happen, I think that the T1 is here for a very long time yet. Don't be disheartened as this is still sells close to RRP (or even above) on eBay meaning that's it's likely to do well post EOL. Just allow at least a year for the QFLLs and the horde to unload.

Yes, I bought mine 5 years too early, just like the TB ;-(

BTW... I think the Mini will go first.

5 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

Last year EV was on sale. Wasn't it? It did not retire.

5% off is not a sale, it´s a P take. Also, I wouldn´t count it as a best seller.

For Northern Europeans everything has a reason and there´s no way on earth a crazy uncle decided to take 20% off a set that has been a consistent best seller. Either sales are down or something is up, or both.

Edited by Val-E

2 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

I am not too worried. I bought all mine at 35% off.

20% off the day before retirement trumps 35% in 1973 in terms of CAGR. That money could have been well spent on Jurassic World, Chima, Ultra Agents, Scooby Doo, Angry Birds, Lone Ranger or any other theme that has been and gone during T1´s life.

• Like 1

Just now, Val-E said:

20% off the day before retirement trumps 35% in 1973 in terms of CAGR. That money could have been well spent on Jurassic World, Chima, Ultra Agents, Scooby Doo, Angry Birds, Lone Ranger or any other theme that has been and gone during T1´s life.

Sure... but you can't pick all the winners. T1 was up for retirement long ago. That it did not pan out is a shame. 

In any case, we have added 2 more pages to this thread and no one has been able to give a good reason for it going on sale. Nexo and Duplo are discounted in may retailers so they make sense. The rollercoaster is a weird one too as it is new. Maybe they are going for something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

33 minutes ago, Val-E said:

In any case, we have added 2 more pages to this thread and no one has been able to give a good reason for it going on sale. Nexo and Duplo are discounted in may retailers so they make sense. The rollercoaster is a weird one too as it is new. Maybe they are going for something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.

It could be going on sale because

1) Something interesting has to go on sale for BF or people will be disappointed and not show up.

2) The margins LEGO is making on T1 are so good they'll still make a killing even at 20%

3) Because it's a consistently popular set, a sale on BF won't significantly damage sales for the coming year (as a sale on other sets like AoH might). 

My 2 cents on T1, any hope of this set going quietly in the night is just a dream. I expect when this set goes it will be broadcast to the world with months of the "retiring soon" tag. LEGO will make a huge final production run (or two) and allow each and every reseller a chance to scope up as many as possible. It'll be free money. They know resellers will buy it.

That said, I certainly do already have my personal copy just in case I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Fresh new run of 44S6 at john lewis and lego, both fully stocked up to the brim. Looks like this maybe the last production run and uk 20% brick friday should end it, or it means nothing and will continue forever...

My T1's are already written off. 

It received a new box. So it is common sense it will be around for many years to come. 

• 3 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

Has the US Shop limit always been 5?

The UK limit was 99 and then dropped to 5 where it still is. However a lot of other sets now have a limit of 20 in the UK and I wouldn't be surprised if the T1 joins them as it's VERY EASY TO FIND everywhere, or it certainly seems like it.

Seal code 07S7 seen at John Lewis recently ;-(

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

Ouch!!

Why does it hurt? We all know it'll be rolling off the production line for a very long time to come.