Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

For anyone that wants a place to express their frustration...here ya go.

Whoever got to TRU a minute before me when it opened and bought 6 of the 7 VC's and left me with the dented one

This is getting kind of sick.  Many of you go and clean out stores without thinking twice about what you're doing, but when you're on the outside looking in, you complain.  Enough is never enough, and when you have it all, you still want more.  Instead of thinking of others, you only think about yourselves.  It seems like you get the thought in your heads that only resellers are buying LEGO or looking for the next deal, and 'if I don't buy all of them, another reseller will!'.  Exercise some restraint and leave some for others.  You don't need everything.  Some non-resellers are actually looking to purchase a set when a sale arises.

I'm all for getting a deal on LEGO, but at the same time, I know I'm not the only person who should benefit. 

• Like 8

This is getting kind of sick.  Many of you go and clean out stores without thinking twice about what you're doing, but when you're on the outside looking in, you complain.  Enough is never enough, and when you have it all, you still want more.  Instead of thinking of others, you only think about yourselves.  It seems like you get the thought in your heads that only resellers are buying LEGO or looking for the next deal, and 'if I don't buy all of them, another reseller will!'.  Exercise some restraint and leave some for others.  You don't need everything.  Some non-resellers are actually looking to purchase a set when a sale arises.

I'm all for getting a deal on LEGO, but at the same time, I know I'm not the only person who should benefit. 

At my local TRU they had 6 VC. I was there at 5 mins to open with 2 other resellers who made the effort to be there early. We split it up 3 ways and everyone was happy. Parents were buying Doc McStuffin something or others with no interest at all in VC. 

• Like 1

At my local TRU they had 6 VC. I was there at 5 mins to open with 2 other resellers who made the effort to be there early. We split it up 3 ways and everyone was happy. Parents were buying Doc McStuffin something or others with no interest at all in VC. 

Lies. We all know you clubbed several children and the two other investors over the heads with Nerf Bats, scooped up all the Lego on all the aisles (everyone wants to know how you stack up 200 sets in your arms at once...) and ran, chortling evilly, to the cashier, whose family you threatened if she wouldn't let you buy everything.

(Seriously, though, that's a cool way to handle things with the other investors present, will have to remember that one if I find myself in line waiting for a store to open on sale day.)

• Like 3

:queen:  Chin up! We'll get through another round!

• Slow-moving parents of young children despise faster-moving parents of small children who get there first.
  • Fast-moving parents of small children despise adult collectors who buy the last box on the shelf when they SHOULD leave it "for the children!"
  • Collectors despise the collector/casual investor who buys TWO of a set (shocking! Just shocking! Even if they are the LAST TWO!!) and don't leave any for the purist collector.
  • Collector/Casual Investors despise the Mid-Level Investor/Collector who don't leave any for them.
  • Mid-Level Investor/Collectors despise the High-Level Investor/Reseller (often those counting on Lego for a significant amount or all of their income) who don't leave any for them.

It's not "sick" for someone to buy more Lego than another person, or for them not to leave Lego on the shelf for the children, the parents, the purist collectors, the casual investors, the lazy, the stupid, or the weak. We're not talking bottled water in a hurricane here, we're talking a luxury toy.

I won't call you whiny if you don't call me sick.  :shifty:  Or, better yet, keep calling me sick all you want instead of taking steps to make sure you can compete with me on the fair and level playing field called "Open Hours" at the store selling Lego.

I do agree with you, as 'sick' was actually a bad choice of words on my part.  I apologize.  Thank you for making me realize that.  However, I fall into none of the categories you listed in your post.  And come on, we're not talking about buying the last set on the shelf or someone buying two of a set.  If the original post would have said one or two sets, I wouldn't have thought to post a reply.  Don't try to make it sound like all a reseller ever does is pick up the last couple of sets. 

If I were relying on reselling LEGO for any part of my income so that I could meet my financial responsibilities, I'd be extremely worried about myself.  But that's just me.  I've never sold any LEGO.  I like LEGO because of the unlimited potential for creativity, and the fact that its popularity spans generations.

You state that LEGO is a luxury toy.  No.  You don't understand the meaning of the word 'luxury'.  Someone doesn't need to be doing extremely well financially to afford an $80 LEGO set.

I know there are no rules against one clearing out stores.  I also know I'm not going to change a reseller's mind with my earlier response.  It'll probably just give many members a good laugh because someone's questioning their actions.  I don't know, though...it just seems pretty sad to me.  But hey, if you do happen to make an epic Vampyre Castle using the contents of six individual VC sets, then please post a picture, I'd love to see that creation.

If I were relying on reselling LEGO for any part of my income so that I could meet my financial responsibilities, I'd be extremely worried about myself.  But that's just me.  I've never sold any LEGO.  I like LEGO because of the unlimited potential for creativity, and the fact that its popularity spans generations.

You state that LEGO is a luxury toy.  No.  You don't understand the meaning of the word 'luxury'.  Someone doesn't need to be doing extremely well financially to afford an $80 LEGO set.

Really? If you were a merchant buying and selling toys for a living you'd be "extremely worried" about yourself? I'm dying of curiosity to know what exactly is worrying about how someone chooses to make a legal living with toys?

Sigh, okay, fellow rich American (as 99% of all Americans are compared to most parts of the world...) Lego isn't a "luxury" because you don't have to also own a yacht to buy a set. How about we agree on "non-necessity"? If I buy all the pink socks at a store because I just loves me some pink socks (or there's a market and I want to sell them), am I a sad person because I didn't leave some pink socks for a pink-sock loving person coming in the door behind me?

This site is for investors. I piggyback on as a reseller (a close relation to an investor) for now. Some pure collectors such as yourself also piggyback on, presumably because they're hoping to get some information that will help them find set bargains themselves.

Not sad, not sick, not worrying. Just a difference in desired outcome.

• Like 2

I do agree with you, as 'sick' was actually a bad choice of words on my part.  I apologize.  Thank you for making me realize that.  However, I fall into none of the categories you listed in your post.  And come on, we're not talking about buying the last set on the shelf or someone buying two of a set.  If the original post would have said one or two sets, I wouldn't have thought to post a reply.  Don't try to make it sound like all a reseller ever does is pick up the last couple of sets. 

I know there are no rules against one clearing out stores.  I also know I'm not going to change a reseller's mind with my earlier response.  It'll probably just give many members a good laugh because someone's questioning their actions.  I don't know, though...it just seems pretty sad to me.  But hey, if you do happen to make an epic Vampyre Castle using the contents of six individual VC sets, then please post a picture, I'd love to see that creation.

Honest you snooze you lose ... we dont feel bad that someone else purchased them all before you did. We are all savy lego investors/collectors/resellers on this site .. and the main purpose is to make $$$$!

The stories of resellers clearing off shelves is exaggerated.  There seems to be some members that stretch the truth about purchases and deals.  That is what is sad.

Really? If you were a merchant buying and selling toys for a living you'd be "extremely worried" about yourself? I'm dying of curiosity to know what exactly is worrying about how someone chooses to make a legal living with toys?

Sigh, okay, fellow rich American (as 99% of all Americans are compared to most parts of the world...) Lego isn't a "luxury" because you don't have to also own a yacht to buy a set. How about we agree on "non-necessity"? If I buy all the pink socks at a store because I just loves me some pink socks (or there's a market and I want to sell them), am I a sad person because I didn't leave some pink socks for a pink-sock loving person coming in the door behind me?

This site is for investors. I piggyback on as a reseller (a close relation to an investor) for now. Some pure collectors such as yourself also piggyback on, presumably because they're hoping to get some information that will help them find set bargains themselves.

Not sad, not sick, not worrying. Just a difference in desired outcome.

Yes, if I were just an individual reseller and needed to rely on my LEGO collection to meet my financial responsibilities, I'd be worried.

That pink socks argument is weak so I'm not going to respond to it. 

Yes, I like to find sales for the things I want to buy for myself, but I'm not going to go crazy buying something I don't want just because it's on sale.

I've got nothing against reselling, just show some restraint.

Someone who finds anything for more than 50% off (like a $50 set close to $20 for example) and still is going to wait for an even further discount. :logik:

That really ticks me off as well. If I ever find anything heavily discounted like that (which is extremely rare) I buy it. Asking for more seems insane haha!  :laugh: I`m truly envious of the diversity in the market sometimes.....

The stories of resellers clearing off shelves is exaggerated.  There seems to be some members that stretch the truth about purchases and deals.  That is what is sad.

Agreed with this. Some of the things people post are just far fetched. Reminds me of that motto going around, "Receipt, or it didn`t happen." Needless to say, they don`t post a receipt... :shifty:

Yes, if I were just an individual reseller and needed to rely on my LEGO collection to meet my financial responsibilities, I'd be worried.

That pink socks argument is weak so I'm not going to respond to it. 

Yes, I like to find sales for the things I want to buy for myself, but I'm not going to go crazy buying something I don't want just because it's on sale.

I've got nothing against reselling, just show some restraint.

Phew

• Like 3