Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Hockey/ringette teams and their new "pre-game warm up routines."

I was sitting watching my kids skate and all of sudden I'm like what the hell is that noise and it's about 20 13 year old girls jumping and shouting next to the boards on the far opposite side of the rink... Apparently the signs all over the rink that say "No Dryland Training Within The Facility" aren't clear enough. When I told the coach that their girls weren't allowed to go into the rink area for their pre-game routine she says "Oh, I didn't know that." Da phuq you didn't.

They proceeded to do it in the canteen area where there are also numerous signs.

And when I was walking back to the stands the other team went rushing by to go do their warm up in the rink area. I kicked them out too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Hockey/ringette teams and their new "pre-game warm up routines."

I was sitting watching my kids skate and all of sudden I'm like what the hell is that noise and it's about 20 13 year old girls jumping and shouting next to the boards on the far opposite side of the rink... Apparently the signs all over the rink that say "No Dryland Training Within The Facility" aren't clear enough. When I told the coach that their girls weren't allowed to go into the rink area for their pre-game routine she says "Oh, I didn't know that." Da phuq you didn't.

They proceeded to do it in the canteen area where there are also numerous signs.

And when I was walking back to the stands the other team went rushing by to go do their warm up in the rink area. I kicked them out too.

Gregpj, is that you?

1440999688.png?250

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, redghostx said:

Can't they be both? :)

Hockey players or the hockey parents?

I don't know why but I just generally find parents go stupid when their kids are in sports. Let the kids have fun, quit hovering over them while they are practicing - let the coaches do their jobs!!

• Like 1

Just ranting here, and this is happens a lot. Newbie finds this site, joins the forum, and without taking 2 seconds to look around for an answer to something that's probably been answered before, or already has a dedicated thread, begins a NEW thread to ask a questions about a certain part, or set, or investing tips. This is just lazy and needs to stop. Quit enabling these folks, and kindly ask them to look around the site for a while, maybe suggest a thread, but should we really do the work for them?

That is all.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day....day.

• Like 2

I have a rant about Yodel, experts in stealing and losing parcels.

Delivery scheduled for friday, apparently they left a card, well they didn't and CCTV proving no delivery attempt was made.

Re-arranged for Saturday, and a repeat of what happened the previous day.

Today Yodel tracking says the parcel has been delivered, but it hasn't and after calling they're saying it was signed by someone i've never heard of.

So another parcel gone missing through the Yodel network. About time Lego ditched them.

Guest TabbyBoy
32 minutes ago, John82 said:

Delivery scheduled for friday, apparently they left a card, well they didn't and CCTV proving no delivery attempt was made.

Today Yodel tracking says the parcel has been delivered, but it hasn't and after calling they're saying it was signed by someone i've never heard of.

So another parcel gone missing through the Yodel network. About time Lego ditched them.

I agree. My last 2 were left out in the rain meaning that my F40 and Caterham 7 got a bit damp but, they dried out OK. At least I've had none stolen, but delivered to neighbours 5 doors down with no card left - at least the neighbours knew me and were honest as some aren't. Yodel are cheap so vendors can afford free delivery. LEGO CS will sort you out.

On 20/11/2017 at 7:02 PM, John82 said:

Yodel dumped my Disney Castle at someone elses door atleast a 1/2 mile from my house last year. The householder opened it, saw it looked like a "birthday / xmas present", found my phone number on the box and dropped it off to me.  He said the courier rang the bell, left the parcel & drove off before they had opened the door.

Tracking showed it was still in the Yodel system to be delivered.  Contacted Lego and told them "the courier" still hasnt delivered the parcel to me so they sent another £300 disney castle.  Technically true with no lies as yodel didnt drop it off to me. 

Buy limit was one at the time.  Sold one for £45 profit and contacted Lego to say original one turned up and not happy with Yodel.  Was hoping they'd let me keep the other but they asked for it back so was sent it back. If i'd sold the 2nd one, i'd have told Lego to take the £290 from my account for the 2nd as its been "given" to someone else as a present.

Guest TabbyBoy
49 minutes ago, MoHu said:

Yodel dumped my Disney Castle at someone elses door atleast a 1/2 mile from my house last year. The householder opened it, saw it looked like a "birthday / xmas present", found my phone number on the box and dropped it off to me.  He said the courier rang the bell, left the parcel & drove off before they had opened the door.

Tracking showed it was still in the Yodel system to be delivered.  Contacted Lego and told them "the courier" still hasnt delivered the parcel to me so they sent another £300 disney castle.  Technically true with no lies as yodel didnt drop it off to me. 

Buy limit was one at the time.  Sold one for £45 profit and contacted Lego to say original one turned up and not happy with Yodel.  Was hoping they'd let me keep the other but they asked for it back so was sent it back. If i'd sold the 2nd one, i'd have told Lego to take the £290 from my account for the 2nd as its been "given" to someone else as a present.

You have to be honest even though it's tempting not to be. I've even been near the front door and YODEL often bugger off the moment they ring the bell. They are paid peanuts per parcel which is why they're always in a rush. I'm also getting a bit tired of regularly creased boxes from LEGO, they are now among the worst. The outer box is fine so it tells me that LEGO are cutting yet more corners by employing monkeys in their warehouses!

YODEL also don't leave a card to say where the package is, at least Amazon do.

If we all complain about the tiniest delivery hiccup, something may be done. It's difficult to complain about box condition due to the chance of being labelled a reseller and banned. However, I may lose my temper if my 2 Beetles ordered yesterday have the slightest mark on the boxes - I'll be sending the sodding lot back (all 15 sets recieved this month were in non-mint condition!) and I'm keeping the promos for the inconvenience! This is one reason why..... Reading needs a LEGO store!

7 hours ago, MoHu said:

The householder opened it, saw it looked like a "birthday / xmas present", found my phone number on the box and dropped it off to me.  He said the courier rang the bell, left the parcel & drove off before they had opened the door.

That was decent of them. 

Due to poor road signage and where my house is positioned and that I work from home a couple of days a week, I end up with other peoples packages about once every two weeks.    
Royal Mail, Amazon, Myhermes/yodal delivered - the lot.   Garbage disposal units, planks of wood, copper pipes, as well as the usual unidentifiable boxes.  

Obviously as I have my own deliveries coming in every few days, I just take everything in and deal with it later.  

I am kind of pissed that I missed on some of the great discounts this weekend.  However, this was due to the decision to severly cut down my purchase to make room in my basement.  I am also getting less sleep due to fulfilling holiday orders but I can't compensate with food/snacking due to new diet...

All of the pent up anger and I still need to shop for a good laptop for under $500 :P

• Like 2

Sellers who cancel your item and then relist at a higher price with no reason or explanation other than lack of availability.

Had someone do that to me on Amazon this weekend.... I was going to leave them negative feedback but the item completely disappeared from my order details. The details page, the invoice, everything was changed so that it appears to me as if it was never ordered. The nice lady on Amazon's end says she could still see it and how much I paid for it (I can figure it out because I have the original email with the total).... so when she offered to file a report against the seller, I hesitated until we figured out they listed it for $5 more ($35 vs $30).

After accounting for the price difference and now having to pay shipping for just the one item, it would only be $9 more ($5 for price, $4 more for shipping) but still.. FU to that seller so they can make a couple extra dollars.

I hope this messes up their holiday season metrics.

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, gregpj said:

Sellers who cancel your item and then relist at a higher price with no reason or explanation other than lack of availability.

Had someone do that to me on Amazon this weekend.... I was going to leave them negative feedback but the item completely disappeared from my order details. The details page, the invoice, everything was changed so that it appears to me as if it was never ordered. The nice lady on Amazon's end says she could still see it and how much I paid for it (I can figure it out because I have the original email with the total).... so when she offered to file a report against the seller, I hesitated until we figured out they listed it for $5 more ($35 vs $30).

After accounting for the price difference and now having to pay shipping for just the one item, it would only be $9 more ($5 for price, $4 more for shipping) but still.. FU to that seller so they can make a couple extra dollars.

I hope this messes up their holiday season metrics.

Can't you buy it at the higher price from the seller and then return it to mess them about?