Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Can't you buy it at the higher price from the seller and then return it to mess them about?

Their price is still good, but unfortunately the delivery window doesn't suit my holiday travel plans. :)

All it would have taken is a short note apologizing for the mixup and inviting me to replace the order. I _think_ it was listed as new/damaged box and the new listing doesn't say that anywhere.. Maybe they went to ship it and realized it wasn't damaged and thought it might fetch a better price. 

I'll find someone else to buy it from in 2018 when we get back from the beach.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
51 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

Weather today in the UK

More like the UK that can't cope with very minor Winter weather. I went to Moscow about 15 years ago when it was -37C and a metre of snow in Gorky Park. My BA flight arrived at DME airport 10min early and also left on time. All buses & taxis were running and so was the incredible metro. Again... the UK is unwilling to spend money unprepared and I've not seen a single gritting lorry even though it was -3C last night and I woke up to an inch of snow this morning.

Come to the UK.... where profit always comes before safety and there's always a 12hr await in A&E afterwards with just enough standing room too....... outside!

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

there's always a 12hr await in A&E afterwards with just enough standing room too....... outside!

Maybe its a cunning plan to cut waiting times although have to agree the of prep by some people is stupid. Was a good excuse to watch empire strikes back though :)

On 11/28/2017 at 2:19 PM, Will 4 said:

Brentford choking against QPR with Romaine loser Sawyers being a disgrace to the team his family and to himself.

Further the inabilty to attain news due to sad people obsessed with the royal wedding spamming my usual sources.

Total off topic, but do people actually care about "royals"?  So foreign in the USA, I can't fathom a family of,people that actually live, act and think they are different than the next guy, from a royal perspective.  So odd to me.  Coming from someone who couldn't care about famous people either.

Total off topic, but do people actually care about "royals"?  So foreign in the USA, I can't fathom a family of,people that actually live, act and think they are different than the next guy, from a royal perspective.  So odd to me.  Coming from someone who couldn't care about famous people either.

Kate is hot, so I’m ok with her being on TV. Meghan will be a nice addition. It all went whacky with Camilla.

3 hours ago, waddamon said:

I care about Meghan Markle. So, I guess I do now. Except she won't be acting anymore, which isn't ideal.

Guest TabbyBoy
5 hours ago, minicoopers11 said:

I care about Meghan Markle. So, I guess I do now. Except she won't be acting anymore, which isn't ideal.

I thought the whole Royal Family were actors! The only difference is that they are paid a lot more (by us) for doing a lot less. I'm becoming more of a republican as time goes on. There you go... you've got me on my soap box ;-)

9 hours ago, waddamon said:

Eh, hello, you guys gave the world the Kardashians, you can hardly talk :D

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I thought the whole Royal Family were actors! The only difference is that they are paid a lot more (by us) for doing a lot less. I'm becoming more of a republican as time goes on. There you go... you've got me on my soap box ;-)

You say that but the queens head made you a fair amount of money last year.

I've no problem with our royal family. They represent us throughout the world and with the exception of Prince Philip do a good job of it. Much rather we were represented abroad by the Queen that Theresa May & Boris Johnson.

I wonder how big the drop off in tourism would be if we got rid of the monarchy. 

Guest TabbyBoy
35 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

You say that but the queens head made you a fair amount of money last year.

I've no problem with our royal family. They represent us throughout the world and with the exception of Prince Philip do a good job of it. Much rather we were represented abroad by the Queen that Theresa May & Boris Johnson.

I wonder how big the drop off in tourism would be if we got rid of the monarchy. 

Yes, her picture on non-vegetarian plastic kept me in booze and curry for a few weeks. I'll be honest and say that I only cared about an easy profit, not what it represented. I also got a few sealed bundles of AA01 tenners from my bank (I only had to ask!), but not sold any yet as the market was flooded from day one unlike the fivers. Then again, I can wait until supply dries up or just buy LEGO with them!

I miss Princess Diana more than any other as she did a huge amount of good work and stuck her neck out to help millions of people around the globe, she had my utmost respect. As for Kate & Meghan, they'll just have to keep looking pretty, do what The Firm says, make the odd nervous speech, cut a few ribbons and keep squeezing babies out. I agree with you on Theresa May and Boris Johnson, things would've been better if David Cameron swallowed his pride and got tough on Brexit.

As for the USA and Trump, I just can't comment without using very offensive colloquialisms, he's a VERY dangerous man.

Back on topic... I'm complaining about yet another retailer and this one is really getting messy, a report to follow in the New Year once resolved. Stop moaning, you all don't have to read it!

My Tabby cat has been constipated for the last 3 days and the vet just charged me £150 for an enema that took only a few minutes. At least he's OK now and extruding normally.

Yes, her picture on non-vegetarian plastic kept me in booze and curry for a few weeks. I'll be honest and say that I only cared about an easy profit, not what it represented. I also got a few sealed bundles of AA01 tenners from my bank (I only had to ask!), but not sold any yet as the market was flooded from day one unlike the fivers. Then again, I can wait until supply dries up or just buy LEGO with them!

I miss Princess Diana more than any other as she did a huge amount of good work and stuck her neck out to help millions of people around the globe, she had my utmost respect. As for Kate & Meghan, they'll just have to keep looking pretty, do what The Firm says, make the odd nervous speech, cut a few ribbons and keep squeezing babies out. I agree with you on Theresa May and Boris Johnson, things would've been better if David Cameron swallowed his pride and got tough on Brexit.

As for the USA and Trump, I just can't comment without using very offensive colloquialisms, he's a VERY dangerous man.

Back on topic... I'm complaining about yet another retailer and this one is really getting messy, a report to follow in the New Year once resolved. Stop moaning, you all don't have to read it!

My Tabby cat has been constipated for the last 3 days and the vet just charged me £150 for an enema that took only a few minutes. At least he's OK now and extruding normally.

WTF! You don't even live here. STFU

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Hey, CGP Grey told me that UK is better off (financially) by paying Royal Family "salaries" while assuming profits from Royal property. 

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, minicoopers11 said:

Hey, CGP Grey told me that UK is better off (financially) by paying Royal Family "salaries" while assuming profits from Royal property. 

It's a controversal subject and nobody knows for sure apart from the scroungers themselves. The richest "organisation of aristocracy" in the UK is the National Trust which keeps inheriting mansions, treasure and artifacts from those who bequeath it and apparently they have tens of billions of pounds in liquid cash and still charge us through the nose to enjoy these properties.

I should stop now as I'll end up turning into Victor Meldrew! ;-)

I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative, but a National Trust annual pass is actually good value for the amount of wonderful places you can visit in any county of the UK. I'm into my country estates etc. I'm happy to pay that every year. I do agree that they must be building up a massive portfolio of land etc. Not gonna google it, but I bet they're one of the biggest landowners in the UK, easily.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, BarryZola said:

I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative, but a National Trust annual pass is actually good value for the amount of wonderful places you can visit in any county of the UK. I'm into my country estates etc. I'm happy to pay that every year. I do agree that they must be building up a massive portfolio of land etc. Not gonna google it, but I bet they're one of the biggest landowners in the UK, easily.

I have a pass too as it's nice to get free parking while walking around the estates. I had lunch today at The Vyne near Bramley, the cheese sandwich could've done with a little more Marmite. The pass is good for shop discounts like Cotswold Outdoor. It's the individual entrance fees and trinkets that are expensive.

On 11/12/2017 at 3:32 AM, waddamon said:

You have Lavar Ball who is very much like that.

• 1 month later...