Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

• 5 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

All these dumb kids You Tube channels that deal with hackers taking over the world. I swear my brain cells are just dying out of sheer stupidity. I can't believe some get over 10M views/video. Maybe I am the stupid one here. 

10M views is what? $10k in ad revenue? Better than my $5 a pop side business... :drag:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2018 at 8:38 AM, Stud-Flipper said:

I got Chic-fil-A's polynesian sauce on my Prince CD in my car I cruise around the streets blasting at night to, so now my CD player won't work, and I have to listen to the radio. The hosts are constantly talking to each other over the first 30 seconds of a song until the lyrics hit, and I'm like "OK, you can shut up now.. OK... please.. I just wanna hear the music..." and that's when I can actually find a song, half the the time I get to a station I like I'm hit with about 5 minutes of ads and I live in Florida so it's always crab houses and water sports.

Time to upgrade my friend.  I know it's hard to let go of CDs, but if I could do it, so can you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Time to upgrade my friend.  I know it's hard to let go of CDs, but if I could do it, so can you.

No reason to get rid of your CDs. I've got about 1500 CD's, all ripped to FLAC. I've converted them all to mp3, put them on a USB drive and now I've got my entire collection in my car.

Or you could get Spotify or Google Music or something ?

All these dumb kids You Tube channels that deal with hackers taking over the world. I swear my brain cells are just dying out of sheer stupidity. I can't believe some get over 10M views/video. Maybe I am the stupid one here. 

I think you (and I) are the stupid ones. Lol

I’m always amazed when my kids pull those up, and I see how many views they have.

It’s pretty ingenious, actually. There seems to be 6 or 7 (more?) different channels involved, and that they can keep the story going for as long as they have is impressive. It borders right on the age of believable (for kids at a certain age) and roll your eyes bad for adults.

Part of me is fascinated enough to want to watch the whole thing, from the start to the present, to see it unfold. And part of me is like, that’s too much effort.
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 7:11 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Habit and In N Out will run you the same. What $10 burger are you eating at the Habit? There isn’t one on the menu.

I’m biased toward Habit because when I started eating there, there were only 4 locations, all only in Santa Barbara (lived there at the time). So I’m happy to see them grow.

But seriously, Habit burgers and In N Out are close enough in price to be comparable.

Based on your suggestion, I tried Habit Burger for the first time. I was very pleased.

I felt like I could really taste the meat and cheese; also the setting is much more civilized than In&OUt...also a plus that the menu offers healthier salad options and "hybrids" (Fried Green beans). May eek out In&Out as my go-to for local burgers.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

C'mon IN-N-OUT, we are desperate for a decent burger and fast food in the UK. All we have is:

• Utter dross from McDonald's and riff-raff scum slurping and screaming around you.
  • Unfast (never have anything ready) tasteless food from Burger King, crap fries, filthy tables and bins that are NEVER emptied. 
  • Disorganised chaos from FIVE GUYS where your food has been taken by somebody else by the time you've queued up for a drink. Why the Hell, they can't give you the first drink from behind the counter is beyond me.
  • Greasy muck from 7-Bone with a sauce that looks like what my cat squirts out sometimes.
  • Ed's Diner which has to be the most disgusting hotdog I've ever eaten... What's it made with, slug meat and rotten fox poo?
  • Pizza Hut which is lard-ridden-taste-like-it's-fried and all-base-and-no-topping.
  • Dominoes which always arrives late and cold, I've not had to pay for the last three!
  • Papa Johns which is even worse than the 2 above, the ultimate cow pat!
  • KFC... don't even get me started!
  • Wimpy which is probably the best, but there's not many about.

IN-N-OUT... you have NO COMPETITION at all in the UK, come on over and clean up!

Do I work for IN-N-OUT? No... but, I'd sign up as a franchisee in a heartbeat!

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Five Guys just closed in our area, not enough business to sustain itself. My son is heartbroken.

$.50 corn dogs or a $9 burger, I guess it wasn't a tough choice for folks in our area.

I never got to try it as some arsehoIe always walked off with my food while I was in the enormous queue for the drinks machine. They'll go bust in the UK soon and it's well deserved IMHO. Others have told me that it isn't as good as that in the US.

I never got to try it as some arsehoIe always walked off with my food while I was in the enormous queue for the drinks machine. They'll go bust in the UK soon and it's well deserved IMHO. Others have told me that it isn't as good as that in the US.
I loved Five Guys when they first came out. But now you can't get out of there for less than $15 for a simple burger meal! They have priced themselves out of the market.....sad!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
Just now, odysea11 said:

I loved Five Guys when they first came out. But now you can't get out of there for less than $15 for a simple burger meal! They have priced themselves out of the market.....sad!

It's a shame as I'd like to have tried it. Another joint I like is Rally's.

10 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Honestly, their burgers are not great, nothing special about the beef or the way it's prepared.  Their fixings are always really good and fresh though, and the fries of course.

Based on your suggestion, I tried Habit Burger for the first time. I was very pleased.
I felt like I could really taste the meat and cheese; also the setting is much more civilized than In&OUt...also a plus that the menu offers healthier salad options and "hybrids" (Fried Green beans). May eek out In&Out as my go-to for local burgers.

Thanks!

Glad you enjoyed it! Next time, try the Sourdough Char. Two parties, fresh stuff, plus avocados, on toasted sourdough. Top notch.

• 1 month later...

The new Aladdin trailer and the live action movies that Disney keeps on pumping for no good reason ( that includes money ) .  And do we really need a sequel to the crappy POS movie that is Maleficent ?!!!! The B***** is evil not a good doer , get over it Disney.. 

Time to hit the sauce ... rant over. 

• Like 1

Facebook Marketplace has flagged the used, complete (case, game, and manual) and tested Nintendo Gamecube Super Smash Bros. Melee video game I sold months ago as violating their community policies.  I have appealed their decision and am supposed to get an answer in 24-48 hours.  :( 

• 3 weeks later...
Sometimes I worry that buyers are starting to think that rare expensive LEGO are actually just worthless pieces of plastic.
And I have an awful lot of plastic.

But then I see the What Did You Sell Today thread and see someone selling an Elves set for $300, and I just shake my head.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...