Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

Is there anyone who did not like "Seinfield"? Or how about "Curb Your Enthusiasm"?

I have a friend that said he didn't like "Seinfeld", but he likes obvious in-your-face humor.  He liked "Scrubs", which I could never get into.

He says he didn't get it?  Which pretty much means he must live an obscure life, since he can't relate to anything?

• Like 1

I hate it when the total comes to something like $9.01 and I pay with a ten, but I don't have a penny so the clerk proceeds to make 99 cents in change. But how many times over the course of a day does a customer leave without taking the few cents they are owed in change? And even if you gave ten customers back $1 instead of 99 cents over the course of a shift, your register would only be off by ten cents. I've obviously given this too much thought, but I've also worked in retail and it irritates me.

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I hate the corp accountants that pass down a rant like " 1 cent times x million of transactions equals bla blah bla"  when they don't ever have to deal with the public

Guest brickcrazyhouse

ZYTEC is from the devil! can not complain more about this antihistamine Trying to quit this is like recovering from a substance abuse.  uncontrollable itching all over for 5 days and then only tapering off for a week.  never again I'll sneeze and wheeze for now on. 

ericb is a mastermind. While you guys were all busy calling him stupid (shame, frog!), he was buying up all the clearance Lego. Fiendish.

Anyway a lot of you guys have bully-ish attitude about this, like some jerk playground kid who never lets anyone else have a turn on the swing and he just keeps shouting over and over, "it's a free country!" Yeah, some of you are THAT guy. Don't be that guy.

Anyway a lot of you guys have bully-ish attitude about this, like some jerk playground kid who never lets anyone else have a turn on the swing and he just keeps shouting over and over, "it's a free country!" Yeah, some of you are THAT guy. Don't be that guy.

Or, to look at it another way, some of us are competitive and have the drive to excel at our chosen business, side business, or hobby, and don't see anything wrong with what we're doing, while others have a kind of touchy-feely pseudo-empathy for people who aren't willing to actually bestir themselves to find discounts or rare in-stock items and instead stand shrieking on the edge of the playground at a group of kids playing ball under the rules, because they wouldn't agree that the kids who couldn't hit the ball deserve points on the board, too.

Yeah, some of you are that shrieky whiny kid. Don't be that kid - learn to hit the ball, or go play a game you can excel at and forget what you're not suited for.

• Like 2

The stories of resellers clearing off shelves is exaggerated.  There seems to be some members that stretch the truth about purchases and deals.  That is what is sad.

Agreed, I have never encountered resellers who clean shelves leaving non for me. I went to toysarus a few hours after it was open and still got a few castles. These people tell these crazy stories makes me think its black friday everyday in their area lol

Jeez, 8 pages of complaints in only 1 day... Initially I thought there were only 3 of them - misread the number - and was going to go through them but 8 pages of whining and definitions and pointing fingers... I'd rather watch The Verlander destroy my A's again on game 5 of the ALDS  :no:  :cry:

Not to be mean, but this thread comes up every once in a while and the content is almost always the same.

I know I will get grilled for complaining, but you should all be hitting yourselves in your teeth with a stone. Complaining because you didn't manage to grab one (or in some cases, more than one) of a set that was heavily discounted... Over here in Spain we party when we get a 30% discount on a set that was marked around 20% over MSRP. I know, distinct conditions and all, but come on... You can't always not be on the short end of the stick.

Pretty sure someone between pages 2 and 7 complained about the complaint thread. It all comes full circle.

• Like 1

Jeez, 8 pages of complaints in only 1 day... Initially I thought there were only 3 of them - misread the number - and was going to go through them but 8 pages of whining and definitions and pointing fingers... I'd rather watch The Verlander destroy my A's again on game 5 of the ALDS  :no:  :cry:

Not to be mean, but this thread comes up every once in a while and the content is almost always the same.

I know I will get grilled for complaining, but you should all be hitting yourselves in your teeth with a stone. Complaining because you didn't manage to grab one (or in some cases, more than one) of a set that was heavily discounted... Over here in Spain we party when we get a 30% discount on a set that was marked around 20% over MSRP. I know, distinct conditions and all, but come on... You can't always not be on the short end of the stick.

Pretty sure someone between pages 2 and 7 complained about the complaint thread. It all comes full circle.

I got bored at page 3 and skipped to the end.

Can I list all my complaints?? They are mostly non Lego related.

Starting with effing White Van drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :mad:

Actually a lego one is that as soon as I sell some pieces I am going to want one of them for the next set I need to complete!

All I have to say about the topic is 

Yes I also get annoyed (not LEGO related) when in my country shops make some discount offers and then they advertise a 7 days discount period and I come the first day like 7-8h after shops open and there is 0 of those items left....

I call that poor planning on the sales manager/department and then I get the feeling they just put 10 items or so on discount to lure rest to drive/walk there only to find empty shelves and HOPEFULLY (for them) buy something else.

So while I understand all who do it my anger goes for the shop not doing good enough research on the market and get enough supplies to satisfy the demands!

I agree mostly with DNIIM with regards to people who do purposely circumvent the buying limits.

With regards to everything else about resellers, it can be frustrating to me at times to see a set that is like 2-5 times retail that I literally just missed out on a few months is well a pain in the ass.

But it is also the way of the secondary market.  It's like this with any collectible that I have dabbled in over the years.

I'm not a reseller by any means, but I do enjoy seeing how Lego's appreciate in value.  I was shocked to learn my old lego sets I gave away many years ago are actually worth something...  I kept my Hot Wheels thinking those would be worth money and over a decade later, they aren't worth crap. LOL.

But at the same time, I think attacking someone who disagrees/dislikes the way you do business is just silly.  Why so serious???  No reason to be so butt hurt because he doesn't particularly agree with you.  He is expressing his opinion which you are shooting down expressing your own personal opinion on the matter.

I would like to introduce to you to the kettle.

/ducks head for impending mud slinging

I think my whole thing comes down to - There is a way I wish the world could be and then there is a reality.

I wish things could be a little better, people didn't have to be so cut throat and savage when it came to business. In the same boat as Diabolos - while ericb may be riding the titanic.

But in reality, now having an Ebay business, there are a lot of times when you have to be this way. Like with the USPS Shipping spike. If these prices really do go up, I will have to find a way to fix that with my margins. If that means clearing more shelves, raising prices, doing things a little dirty - I may not have a choice. And thats business.

I don't necessarily like it - but I think some of it is just strict reality.

In general, we probably just can't judge others for what they do. I am bad about it at times - like the guy who squeaked 15 crawlers out of TRU. I thought restraint would be nice - but then, really it just comes down to my personal opinion and what I feel comfortable with, right? Because where can any of us actually draw a line in the sand?

And on top of that, we are all doing something that probably isn't wholesome somewhere. Again, "he who hasn't, throw the first stone". Pretty sure all of our stones are on the ground. Doesn't mean we are bad people - more we just all want the same thing: success.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

What really gets up my nose are eBay sellers who deliberately mislead buyers by stating that a set is "New & Sealed" in the title and then state "No Minifigures" in small print near the bottom of the description.  I've had to cancel a few "bargains" because of this and this information is easily missed by those who use the eBay phone app for example.

In my opinion a set is NOT new in any way if it's been opened, parts have been removed and human DNA placed inside the box.  However, I will accept "New" parted-out components if it's clearly explained from the outset.  For example, a title that reads "New - Hulk Figure (Sealed bag removed from set 6868)".  I want to read this in the title or top lines rather than in micro-font at the bottom.

I was quite annoyed when I thought I'd once bought a complete Death Star (at a "bargain"