Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

I recently moved. I had a Target order sent to me, and it was supposed to be delivered via UPS. UPS gave it to USPS for final delivery. I got delivery notification at 9am, 5 hours before my regular mail delivery. Nothing was delivered. I called UPS. They said to pick it up at the post office at xxx address. I recognized the address as the UPS hub. I went there and they told me it was at the post office and they gave me a tracking number. I went to the post office. They bring out a lost package with my son's Halloween costume my wife ordered (on the day we already sent him to school with no costume). Eventually the guy brings out the Target package. I asked him why the package wasn't delivered to the house (and why no notice at all was left on the house or in the mailbox). Now HERE'S where it gets weird... He tells me the mail 'carrier' has a medical condition that doesn't allow her to lift heavy packages. The box was 10#. The costume was 1#. A note saying our UPS deliveries are at the post office weighs .1 oz...... Hopefully the half a truck of Lego I ordered today shows up on a UPS truck this week!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

eBay's new required items for existing listings. I've spent 2 hours for the past three days combing through 100+ listings to edit age range and a host of other details. 

how is it "required"? is the auction frozen until the info is added?

I got this too but I could not see a negative for ignoring

how is it "required"? is the auction frozen until the info is added?
I got this too but I could not see a negative for ignoring

Cannot edit listing price or bulk updates that I can see. I’m worried they’ll start suppressing listings and don’t want to mess around with it when I change my handling times for the thanksgiving break.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Handling holiday orders at nights + incoming stuffs from CyberMonday + day job when I have a splitting headache and coughing like crazy :(

I hear ya on everything but the not feeling well part! This is always obviously a crazy time of the year and lots of scrambling around to process incoming & outgoing shipments. Then, the holidays, then comes after-holiday clearance!

• 2 weeks later...
My eight year old decided he's done with Lego and would like to put all of his sets away.  He's bagging them up as I type, and this is hitting me harder than I thought it would. 

It sucks. My biggest regret is not building more when they were interested. I set aside so many sets to build later and that will never happen.
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

It sucks. My biggest regret is not building more when they were interested. I set aside so many sets to build later and that will never happen.

I have almost the whole line of TMNT sets that I was going to build with my 7 year old.  He was big into the cartoon when he was 3-4 years old, and I bought a bunch of sets cheap to build with him.  Doubt we'll ever do that (of course, there's always a flip side for a flipper).  He hasn't been into that show in ages.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

My eight year old decided he's done with Lego and would like to put all of his sets away.

Ouch 8 is a bit early. My son made it until 12-13 before the big storage bins were brought out. But an active kid with friend's and hobbies is a win. After that, I started some holiday build traditions so we would all get into building a kit as a family on special occasions. just want to keep it fun so he will get back into it one day.(I'm sure he'll have hundreds of kits to still sell when I;m gone. HA)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

I think I would take it better if he was replacing this hobby with something better than Pokemon. All he does is sit there and stare at those stupid cards all day. 

Right there with you. I understand the joy of opening a pack and getting special cards, I grew up when baseball cards were booming, but I don’t understand these cards at all. The cartoons are so annoying, but so is all anime  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amazon was supposed to deliver 2 of my teen daughter's purchases yesterday evening. At 9pm the order status suddenly changed to "there is an issue with your delivery, contact Amazon" and the Tracking status showed it arrived at the wrong DC and the items were marked as "failed delivery" and "returned to sender".

WTH Amazon?!? Called them and they told me to reorder which sounds weird - they couldnt reroute the items to the correct DC.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went against my better judgment and watched (read) Parasite. Unless something was lost in translation or the culture is just beyond me? I don't get it.

The dialog... corny. The words coming out of their mouths... "So metaphorical"... People don't speak the way they do. Not on my planet.

Acting... Sure. There was acting. Not sure if it was any good, I was busy reading. What i can say is human beings don't behave the way almost anyone in this movie does.

Story? Plot? Whatever. As simple as they come. Not much to it. Rich vs poor. blah blah.