Complaint Thread

rcdb1984

So let me get this straight. You come to a website whos entire premise is about purchasing legos with the intent to resell them at a higher amount as an knvestment. You then join the site. And then you proceed to attack the members of the site for what YOU consider reprehensible actions (purchasing too many sale items).

You sir are a Troll.

OK, I know I posted somewhere in this thread that I was fine with resellers, but also said to show some restraint.  You don't need everything. 

You know why your consumers demand it?  Because you bought all the stock off of the shelves, that's why (although I'm not sure you're buying anything good, seeing as you have 251 sets totalling only 46,451 pieces).

This is true - he did say he thought people should use some restraint. I tend to agree - the problem is, where do we define the line. I don't really know how the question is answered.

So my answer usually is - what do I feel comfortable with. I don't feel comfortable in circumventing purchasing limits. But if they will allow you to buy 50, why not?

• Like 2

OK, I know I posted somewhere in this thread that I was fine with resellers, but also said to show some restraint.  You don't need everything. 

You know why your consumers demand it?  Because you bought all the stock off of the shelves, that's why (although I'm not sure you're buying anything good, seeing as you have 251 sets totalling only 46,451 pieces).

That last statement can't be serious. Most of the stuff I sell is READILY available in stores at the current time, and people still buy them of ebay at higher prices. What you suggest above is the existence of a pretty large army of resellers that frankly does not exist.

Watching the Redzone channel and reading this thread has turned out to be quite an enjoyable Sunday afternoon. Thank you, everyone. Now, please continue to put the troll in his place.

Haha been doing the same thing and prolly enjoying it just as much as you!   This is actually my favorite thread in a while for some reason.

EDIT: And even though it is my favorite...I continue to add nothing of substance.

It's too late, he went too far and thoroughly outed himself with a childish jab at Jared's Brickfolio.

He had a good run going, but like most trolls he had to get greedy and wasn't bright enough to show... restraint.  :shifty:

I'm sure he'll be back with a new i.d. some other Sunday afternoon when he gets bored eating Hot Pockets in his mom's basement.

• Like 2

The stuff I have purchased from resellers has been long gone from any shelf.  Not because they were all grabbed up, I was just too late to the game. Maybe with LE stuff your point is valid, but not with anything else that has multiple buying opportunities.

It's too late, he went too far and thoroughly outed himself with a childish jab at Jared's Brickfolio.

He had a good run going, but like most trolls he had to get greedy and wasn't bright enough to show... restraint.  :shifty:

I'm sure he'll be back with a new i.d. some other Sunday afternoon when he gets bored eating Hot Pockets in his mom's basement.

Banned already? DIdn't look like it.

And I take exception with your comments.... my mom makes awesome hot pockets. :)

Youre gonna tell me how to resell? Thats great. Those are polybags that are almost sold oit. I hadnt taken them out of my brickfolio yet. Im usually slow on removing stuff I sold already. Excuse me, doubling my money isnt good enough for you, huh?

So let me get this straight. You come to a website whos entire premise is about purchasing legos with the intent to resell them at a higher amount as an knvestment. You then join the site. And then you proceed to attack the members of the site for what YOU consider reprehensible actions (purchasing too many sale items).

You sir are a Troll.

A troll?  I think I can live with myself and not have to resort to juvenile name calling over the web.  At least when a kid does this on the playgroundshe/he says it to the other kid's face.

I come here because the site has LEGO news, people talking about LEGO, and yes, some people post sales.  Same with neogaf, same with brickset, same with eurobricks.  I'm not bashing reselling, just the way some go about it.  If you don't do this, then don't get offended by my first post.

A troll?  I think I can live with myself and not have to resort to juvenile name calling over the web.  At least when a kid does this on the playgroundshe/he says it to the other kid's face.

I come here because the site has LEGO news, people talking about LEGO, and yes, some people post sales.  Same with neogaf, same with brickset, same with eurobricks.  I'm not bashing reselling, just the way some go about it.  If you don't do this, then don't get offended by my first post.

Calling you a troll isnt name calling. Its a specific label for a specific activity. You are posting a specific opinion that generally goes against the practices of many people of this forum, specifically to stir the pot.

That is the very definition of a troll.

So that you know - The brickfolio is pretty sweet, but is going to be upgraded pretty soon. So a lot of us don't update them regularly. Mine is about 100 sets short a the moment.

All I can say is:  You better beat me to the store or I will buy it all out (no mercy on little Jimmy - it's not my fault his parents weren't smarter), I will find away around 1 per customer/household, I don't have the luxury of the Red Zone, I buy two ply ultra soft TP in mega rolls, Hot pockets give me the runs, my Mom doesn't have a basement, and this thread is really cracking me up.  :laugh:

• Like 1

Man I have thought about getting this, but its expensive because I wont use any of the other stuff. So I just have the regular NFL package.

It's not too bad actually. It's only $14/month extra for the package that includes the Redzone channel, and you can cancel it after football season ends and start it back up again the following season. That's only $56 for the entire four month football regular season, compared to $350 that the Sunday ticket will set you back. Redzone is much better too because there are no commercials, and you see ALL of the good stuff from EVERY game, unlike Sunday ticket where you can really only watch 2-3 games. Anyway, sorry to get the discussion off course. Please excuse my passion for all things NFL football.

Calling you a troll isnt name calling. Its a specific label for a specific activity. You are posting a specific opinion that generally goes against the practices of many people of this forum, specifically to stir the pot.

That is the very definition of a troll.

I know it's primarily a LEGO investing/reseller site, and that's cool.  I visit for news, reviews, and sales. My intention was not to get a rise out of anyone, or to offend the site's members.  It was the opposite...to hopefully make someone think twice before clearing out a store. Early on, I just said what had been brewing up in me.  The K Mart thread really got to me seeing people with multiple carts filled up with LEGO sets.  Reading about them hitting multiple K Marts, doing the same, or trying to, at each.  Yes, getting a deal is great, but being the only one to experience the deal is where I would start to think about what I was doing.