Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

BB-8 with a Santa Hat is kind of special?

The Santa hat i think could be had easily from previous Xmas set. The BB8 can also be found in a few other Star Wars sets hence Ed think there is no special minifigs. I agree with him on this but at least the SW advent calendar is better than the Friends and the City ones? or are they the same?

Yea, the city ones have never appealed to me much. 

What I meant by the SW calendar is that in previous years you had a bodafide Xmas fig with unique colours and prints. Last year it was a white Xmas Chewie,  year before that a Santa torso C3PO.

An Xmas hat I can whack on any fig and it's not special. Still is good for army building and has some ok stuff. I wouldn't say they are good for investment. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Furious_george said:

I seem to be talking in an empty room here haha , but never the less.....

I have been looking at Gumtree LEGO for quite a few years now and I have never seen as many UCS sets for sale as recently. 

Perhaps remakes or “from the vault” are the cause. 

Hi George, I'm listening mate and I'm sure there are a lot more others who keep tabs on this thread.

I was surprised with how many original Taj Mahal sets have now been listed since the announcement was made that it will be re-released.  I didn't realise how popular the original was.  Personally I'm happy that LEGO are doing remakes of some of the popular sets as they are out of reach to the average collector in the post retirement market.  Lets be honest, if they remake kits that have been retired for 10yrs I think that gives ample time for people to hold and resell.

What I really want to know is who are these people willing to pay over $2K on eBay for the new UCS mill Falcon? impatient??

Edited by be_inspyred
typo

On 11/11/2017 at 10:24 AM, Furious_george said:

I seem to be talking in an empty room here haha , but never the less.....

I have been looking at Gumtree LEGO for quite a few years now and I have never seen as many UCS sets for sale as recently. 

Perhaps remakes or “from the vault” are the cause. 

Buying a UCS set is much easier than selling it for most people.

On 11. 11. 2017 at 3:39 AM, be_inspyred said:

What I really want to know is who are these people willing to pay over $2K on eBay for the new UCS mill Falcon? impatient??

- id say "plain stupid" .. unable to run some searches on popular web searches, toy chains etc.. easily influenced by "hysterical" titles such as Last chance, Massive discount etc.. you have that (by THAT I mean these illiterate, IQ-low ppl in every country.. that is what you get to see when there are some elections.. frankly.. not everybody can be super smart as Stephen Hawking but I got to see that the populaton of "less intellectually equipped persons" kind of dramatically increased in our Central European region).. it just sucks and you cant do a bit about it

On 5/12/2017 at 10:42 AM, whoisbiggles said:

Star Wars Encounter on Jakku 75148 is discounted to $55 at Big W.

My local has had at least 20 on the shelves all week - doesn't seem like much love for this set.

7 months on and my local Big W still have 10+ of these turds sitting on the shelves @ $55.

The discounts of the last two weekends didn't apply. Still waiting on the store manager to bite the bullet and put a clearance price on these.