Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

1 hour ago, Amac said:

few sets on lego shop@home now showing as "sold out" including Slave 1. Does this mean that's done or its likely to come back in new year?

On that topic I noticed a bunch of the Retiring Soon sets have reverted back to Hard to Find 

Edited by Nigel 1

10 minutes ago, brendongl said:

Hey.

I'm liquidating my lego stock.
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/booragoon/toys-indoor/-7000-worth-of-lego-for-5000-bnib-great-for-resellers/1203292523

$7000 worth of lego for $5000.
Local pickup from Perth.
Please contact me via the gumtree thread thank you!

Told you via PM mate , it’s not worth 5g.  You want to get rid of it all in one shot , you gotta get real. Half it and you might get bites.

Guest TabbyBoy
33 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Told you via PM mate , it’s not worth 5g.  You want to get rid of it all in one shot , you gotta get real. Half it and you might get bites.

I can only agree, if you need to offload the whole shebang, it has to be dirt cheap as there's always turkeys that are hard to shift. The worth of a set to somebody else cannot be based on eBay sold prices I'm afraid, as anybody with half a brain will realise that the prices quoted will be the highest where they should be based at the lower end to be realistic. I was offered a similar deal a month ago, I got the guy down by half and still walked away when I went to see it. Remember that a price in green on eBay doesn't prove that the item was sold.

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I can only agree, if you need to offload the whole shebang, it has to be dirt cheap as there's always turkeys that are hard to shift. The worth of a set to somebody else cannot be based on eBay sold prices I'm afraid, as anybody with half a brain will realise that the prices quoted will be the highest where they should be based at the lower end to be realistic. I was offered a similar deal a month ago, I got the guy down by half and still walked away when I went to see it. Remember that a price in green on eBay doesn't prove that the item was sold.

Firstly. Im open to negotiation possibly.
2ndly, the avg. ebay prices are the SOLD prices for listings which were successful. Not open listings. That is the only true gauge of the current asking price.

8 hours ago, brendongl said:

Firstly. Im open to negotiation possibly.
2ndly, the avg. ebay prices are the SOLD prices for listings which were successful. Not open listings. That is the only true gauge of the current asking price.

I can't read that document. Can u pm or post a better resolution one?

5 minutes ago, ED-209 said:

I can't read that document. Can u pm or post a better resolution one?

No worries i put my phone on desktop mode and i could read it. 

Definitely sell seperately on eBay. I sold a palace cinema for 210 after fees the other day. It is the best time of the year to sell too. If you need cash asap.... ur not gonna get near ur price.

1 hour ago, ED-209 said:

No worries i put my phone on desktop mode and i could read it. 

Definitely sell seperately on eBay. I sold a palace cinema for 210 after fees the other day. It is the best time of the year to sell too. If you need cash asap.... ur not gonna get near ur price.

Thanks for the advice.

I am willing to go down to $4500 for the lot, pretty much my cost price, if anyone is interested.

7 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

Hey Aussie dudes. 

I'm buying some Christmas presents for my Aussie niece and nephew and was looking to buy some stuff (not all Lego) on Kmart, but some of the prices seem too good to be true. Are they ok to order from, anything I've seen online looks fine?

Never had any issues with Kmart myself. Go for it.?

• Like 1

Sold my last set on Monday! I'm all done and dusted, with a handy house deposit to boot. Made around 40% with average hold times of around 18 months. Not my goal but certainly better than a cash deposit! I'll still be lurking, but expect less activity from me from here on in (if that were even possible :P). Thanks all!

14 hours ago, jomandybri said:

Sold my last set on Monday! I'm all done and dusted, with a handy house deposit to boot. Made around 40% with average hold times of around 18 months. Not my goal but certainly better than a cash deposit! I'll still be lurking, but expect less activity from me from here on in (if that were even possible :P). Thanks all!

Congrats

19 hours ago, Furious_george said:

I know what you paid for your Sandcrawlers which made the bulk of your collections value, and you made 40% profit selling it on Gumtree? Take my hat off to you mate, I would not be able to do that. 

9 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

Congrats

Thanks guys! Thankfully didn't have a ton of SCs, and I sold them at a pretty good time! My biggest burner IMO was a UCS TIE that kept me going to the very end! Here's a handful of stats for anyone interested:

Quickest sale: Simpsons CMF Series 1 | $40 --> $110 (13 days)

Longest hold: UCS Slave I | $138 --> $298 (893 days)

Most profitable sale (%): Rey's Speeder | $3.33 --> $16.57 (498%)

Least profitable sale (%): Imperial Death Trooper | $33.97 --> $18.33 (-54%) 

Most profitable sale ($): UCS Sandcrawler | $286.36 --> $504.22 ($217.86)

Least profitable sale ($): Parisian Restaurant | $229.08 --> $183.77 (-$45.31)