Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

4 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Agree , it’s way smaller , but it represents the same thing at close to the origanal  price point. I say this for our country as we have less buyers to sell to.

Yes but you are going to offer the full sized cityscape with the proper Eiffel, Arc, Louvre and throw in a Flatiron for good measure and hope no one notices.

40 minutes ago, Val-E said:

That´s like saying the Falcon Microfighter is going to affect UCS sales, mate.

That's a bold, and in my opinion, an incorrect statement. A ruder person might say "crack pipe" lol

It's two relatively similar-priced Architecture sets, while the Falcons are priced 15.99 and 1299.99 respectively (in Australia)

Edited by ED-209
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Yes but you are going to offer the full sized cityscape with the proper Eiffel, Arc, Louvre and throw in a Flatiron for good measure and hope no one notices.

Hear what your saying , but I still say this will hurt Eiffel sales.  I don’t really care myself as I’m off Arch sets.  Different market here. 

Im confident other markets will continue to clean up on the series though as it’s quite good.

Picked up some Guggenheims at 50% when TRU closed. That they lasted to 50% suggests you're right Val-E - but I like it and it doesn't take up much storage space.

Fingers crossed I'll be able to nab some 60193 – Arctic Air Transport when Woollies decide to write this Xmas stock of at 50% off. Might even see some of the 60192 – Arctic Ice Crawler make it to 75% off.

• Like 1

Ninjago City Docks 70657 is on Target Ebay for $189.05 ($350 rrp).
Bricklink price: $243.71 min

Its 199 but with the code PERCENT5 you get 5% off.
This price is even way cheaper than the price people in the US discussed buying it at. 161 usd = 228 aud.

How about it?

Cons:
- Ninjago
- Set too big
Pros:
- 14 minifigures (with extra hair, double face etc)
- highly detailed
- made to fit with Ninjago City set
- Australian rrp is $350, so 45.98% off
- price per brick = 5.4 cents
- The box is huge, looks good
- Can flip it or I guess hold onto it

Edited by BrickTyke

Just now, BrickTyke said:

Ninjago City Docks 70657 is on Target Ebay for $189.05.
Bricklink price: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=162790#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

Its 199 but with the code PERCENT5 you get 5% off.

This price is even way cheaper than the price people in the US discussed buying it at. 161 usd = 228 aud.

How about it?

Cons:
- Ninjago
- Set too big

Are you building it?

I already did  buy 3 but im not comfortable buying a lot of them because its such a big set. I would buy up to 6 of them max. I want to see what others think.

No one has bought more than 3 at once according to Ebay

My strategy is to list it on Bricklink maybe... (cause Bricklink low fees easy for sellers), list it on ebay possibly down the line, and list it on Gumtree as soon as I get it with high sell price cause Gumtree zero fees and no effort required.

The amount I buy depends on how much money I have to put on the table, like everyone else. I wouldnt say, spend 50% of my money on one set, thats horrible. Kind of like betting, 1u, 5u that stuff

Edited by BrickTyke

5 minutes ago, BrickTyke said:

I already did  buy 3 but im not comfortable buying a lot of them because its such a big set. I would buy up to 6 of them max. I want to see what others think.

So do you plan to quick flip them?

I wouldn't suggest buying without having a strategy on how, where and when you will sell them. 

Yeah I will be instantly trying to sell them on Gumtree and Bricklink and maybe Ebay, maybe I would keep one, idk

3 minutes ago, Alucard1982 said:

You’ve already lost $600+, cut your losses and don’t buy anymore.

Wot m8
I didnt even spend that much, how can I lose 100% + 33 dollars

I think I can manage to lose 600+ if I pay people to take them off my hands ?

Edited by BrickTyke

8 minutes ago, BrickTyke said:

My strategy is to list it on Bricklink maybe... (cause Bricklink low fees easy for sellers), list it on ebay possibly down the line, and list it on Gumtree as soon as I get it with high sell price cause Gumtree zero fees and no effort required.

The amount I buy depends on how much money I have to put on the table, like everyone else.

IF you get a buyer , eBay will sting you with fees and posting a box that big is not cheap. Also easy damaged.

Bricklink people tend to be savvy buyers and won’t pay high  prices I’ve found.

Gumtree is full of lowballers and dreamers. High sell price will get zero interest.

i would not buy anymore myself. Try to sell one you already have first. Bargain price will come again.

1 minute ago, Furious_george said:

IF you get a buyer , eBay will sting you with fees and posting a box that big is not cheap. Also easy damaged.

Bricklink people tend to be savvy buyers and won’t pay high  prices I’ve found.

Gumtree is full of lowballers and dreamers. High sell price will get zero interest.

i would not buy anymore myself. Try to sell one you already have first. Bargain price will come again.

Yes you are 100% correct.
Thats why Bricklink is probably actually the best place to sell it, the lowest price for it on there is $243 without shipping cost added in.
Fees have ruined Ebay for me

Edited by BrickTyke

6 minutes ago, BrickTyke said:

Yeah I will be instantly trying to sell them on Gumtree and Bricklink and maybe Ebay, maybe I would keep one, idk

Wot m8
I didnt even spend that much, how can I lose 100% + 33 dollars

I think I can manage to lose 600+ if I pay people to take them off my hands ?

He’s trying to help but attitude will get you nowhere.

1 minute ago, BrickTyke said:

Yes you are 100% correct.
Thats why Bricklink is probably actually the best place to sell it, the lowest price for it on there is $243 without shipping cost added in

So you going to make $50 profit IF you can actually sell it?  If you undercut , someone will undercut you guaranteed.

Edited by Furious_george

5 minutes ago, BrickTyke said:

Hes trying to help? His statement is just false.

$50 profit, well maybe, I wouldnt expect that much profit for flipping

Alucard was a bit blunt IMO, and he is wrong that you will simply lose the money; you will not lose the money just you will maybe lose a tiny bit, or break even. I also did a quick sold listing search and found these (below). That's the going rate? Less than 200 posted. Before Xmas the price was higher, but remember that we are entering the part of the year where people are starting to tighten their belts. 

Capture ninjago.PNG

Edited by ED-209

4 minutes ago, BrickTyke said:

Hes trying to help? His statement is just false.

$50 profit, well maybe, I wouldnt expect that much profit for flipping

I get theres a lot of risk involved in any attempt to make money like this, but what sets do you guys buy if this set is not reduced enough or good enough for you

We could tell you , but then we’d have to kill you. ?

• Like 1