Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

1 minute ago, Furious_george said:

We could tell you , but then we’d have to kill you. ?

George is right. 

Y'know if you don't build, you probably aren't that in-tune with the AFOL way of life. You gotta know ur product. 

In general, don't buy large sets like this, or Creator Expert, and definitely not Star Wars! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alucard1982 said:

Mate, I’m sure you’re a nice guy but you are seriously coming across as a ****.

LEGO reselling isn’t as lucrative as it was when I first started, and I see an influx in Jan and they are never seen past May. Read the forum, make your own decisions, don’t go asking for info without credibility

This guy just caught me out but maybe I'll still be here past May. Guess I have lots of reading to do. 

1 hour ago, BrickTyke said:

Lol my only guess is buying from retailers / being a retailer in a wholesale manner

Of course we buy from retailers but as ed says , you gotta know your market. 

Read up on the forums but remember, the US market is waaay different to ours. They have amazon , heaps cheaper buy ins and a huge market to sell to. 

Good luck.?

Fingers crossed I'll be able to nab some 60193 – Arctic Air Transport when Woollies decide to write this Xmas stock of at 50% off. Might even see some of the 60192 – Arctic Ice Crawler make it to 75% off.

Woollies started their 50% off today. All the Arctic air transport- gooooooonnne before I could get there. Only 1 ice crawler left for a tenner , couldn’t leave empty handed.
Coles doing the same 50% off their LEGO, found 14 $7.50 Christmas train seasonal sets behind some hot wheels packs. Hidden?? Not well enough.
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, BrickTyke said:

Ninjago City Docks 70657 is on Target Ebay for $189.05 ($350 rrp).
Bricklink price: $243.71 min

Its 199 but with the code PERCENT5 you get 5% off.
This price is even way cheaper than the price people in the US discussed buying it at. 161 usd = 228 aud.

How about it?

Cons:
- Ninjago
- Set too big
Pros:
- 14 minifigures (with extra hair, double face etc)
- highly detailed
- made to fit with Ninjago City set
- Australian rrp is $350, so 45.98% off
- price per brick = 5.4 cents
- The box is huge, looks good
- Can flip it or I guess hold onto it

Cons:

Box - thin flimsy shiny cardboard.

Price - can't see this hitting 2 x RRP anytime soon

Buyer - Kids / Teens? Lacks shoot em up play value. Adults? Set too cartoonish?

Have to own the Ninjago city set?

Pros:

You can convince yourself to invest in this if you are a believer.

I'm bought into the Green Mech dragons and Fire Mechs from this theme and where i'll  be selling them next year.

Final thought on big sets like this - GBHQ bought for $390 (20% off at Big W, additional 10% off friends and family voucher, discounted gift card magic) and the box protected in bubblewrap looks down mockingly upon me, as I wonder when it will ever f$%ken retire and where will I find a sucker to take it off my hands.

1 hour ago, whoisbiggles said:

Cons:

Box - thin flimsy shiny cardboard.

Price - can't see this hitting 2 x RRP anytime soon

Buyer - Kids / Teens? Lacks shoot em up play value. Adults? Set too cartoonish?

Have to own the Ninjago city set?

Pros:

You can convince yourself to invest in this if you are a believer.

I'm bought into the Green Mech dragons and Fire Mechs from this theme and where i'll  be selling them next year.

Final thought on big sets like this - GBHQ bought for $390 (20% off at Big W, additional 10% off friends and family voucher, discounted gift card magic) and the box protected in bubblewrap looks down mockingly upon me, as I wonder when it will ever f$%ken retire and where will I find a sucker to take it off my hands.

Not alone there mate. Still have a Helicarrier and Ewok village laughing at me too. Live and learn.

I have 1 Ewok village left and it can stay in the cupboard for a while longer. I personally really like it. My others i sold for a modest profit. Only other UCS i have is a single TIE. I sold my other ones also for 30-40 buck profits each. 

Regarding the GB Firehouse, im pretty happy with my 2 slightly bashed boxes, but i managed to get them for that too-nuts-to-be-true Big Dub  price of 200 bucks. No one can balk at that. Let's see what they are worth post-retirement. 

I still have at least 5 Palace Cinemas stored away, and these are edging 30% ROI. Not that I'd invest in modulars these days unless discount is very, very deep like a 240 buck Assembly Sq.

• Like 1

Couple of brave souls listing up Chinese New Year sets on eBay already for “pre-order”.  One seller trying for premium price but selling with no boxes. What’s with that? I’d think anyone paying $400 for these isnt building them.

Can pay off selling pre-orders , but super risky. These sets aren’t even listed on LEGO Shop at Home yet.

Edited by Furious_george

Few of us have had confirmation from LEGO & local independent retailers.

I’m waiting on 1200AEDST with baited breath and CC details ready

Couple of brave souls listing up Chinese New Year sets on eBay already for “pre-order”.  One seller trying for premium price but selling with no boxes. What’s with that? I’d think anyone paying $400 for these isnt building them.
Can pay off selling pre-orders , but super risky. These sets aren’t even listed on LEGO Shop at Home yet.

Clown
  • Like 1

Op Shop Boast:

Early december picked up a 60l tub of lego containing mostly unopened bags for $75:

Contained with all bricks accounted for:

Assault on Hoth (no instructions no stickers and no box of course) - built it, was quite a good build a bit easy, and have started the parting out / resale process

Classic Batman Cave (no instructions no stickers and no box of course) - all minifigs, batmobile and batcopter all been resold. Haven't done anything with the rest of it yet.

Small Sydney Opera House (no box). - resold

Jestros HQ (no instructions no stickers and no box of course) - done nothing with this yet.

So far, after costs cleared $180.

Target online offer only $129 for FO Star Destroyer.

• Like 2