Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

so I thought id try and get a BH Dragon guy set on the 10th, as this is when Lego said it would be on sale on their page. Just noticed its now 'temporarily out of stock." So it seems they released new BH stock earlier than advertised and typically only had about 3 sets for sale before going out of stock? This is getting ridiculous, the ware-house must be the size of a letter box.

Edited by Amac
spell

33 minutes ago, whoisbiggles said:

Well fu@k me, shopforme selling 80102 $129.99 and 80101 $139.99 + p&h.

Not as bad as eBay, but.... waiting on shipment to be received by local Mr Toys Toyworld

went to my local Toyworld yesterday and they only got 80102 x 3. But they also had a 20% sale so bought one at retail less 20%! I don't thinks the owners of my Toywold know what they have on their hands. I may go back on the weekend and relieve them of the 2 remaining sets of they're still there. 

• Like 1

Think whoever is in charge of the Australian LEGO Shop at Home shoebox warehouse is asleep. Brickheadz that have retired elsewhere are still siting in Sold Out , and have been for weeks. 

Just now, Alucard1982 said:

They won’t be there mate ;)

Yep. 100 lurkers just rang every toyworld in Australia and started looking for that sale. 

We are living in glorious times! Double your money if you have the persistence and cunning to track these down. (Not that ive managed to get many of them either,  but my advice is strip the shelves bare of them.) It's the Policeman and Saturn V FOMO all over again.

And so many whingers on facebook complaining about lack of supply and over-inflated prices. I mean cry me a river! It's a luxury toy ffs. First world snowflake problems. It's not baby formula, where little Johnny literally goes hungry. That is a bloody national disgrace orchestrated by (ironically) a group Chinese flippers.

End rant.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

Well fu@k me, shopforme selling 80102 $129.99 and 80101 $139.99 + p&h.

Not as bad as eBay, but.... waiting on shipment to be received by local Mr Toys Toyworld

shopforme is even sold out. surely after a while there will be heaps available at bricklink from hongkong sellers? 

On 1/11/2019 at 12:09 PM, ED-209 said:

We are living in glorious times! Double your money if you have the persistence and cunning to track these down. (Not that ive managed to get many of them either,  but my advice is strip the shelves bare of them.) It's the Policeman and Saturn V FOMO all over again.

And so many whingers on facebook complaining about lack of supply and over-inflated prices. I mean cry me a river! It's a luxury toy ffs. First world snowflake problems. It's not baby formula, where little Johnny literally goes hungry. That is a bloody national disgrace orchestrated by (ironically) a group Chinese flippers.

End rant.

+1

Grab every set you can and flip em. Just don't neglect tracking, insurance and buyers signature.

Flipping those ridiculous policeman for $45 was one of last years highlights, along with reading the comments from whingers in the Lego groups. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 1:09 PM, ED-209 said:

That is a bloody national disgrace orchestrated by (ironically) a group Chinese flippers.

These sets are brilliant and I think that LEGO have done a great job in representing a very important event in South East Asian culture, would love to see a Night Market or Lantern Festival street scene if more sets are developed. But yes I do find it amusing that the people who it should appeal to the most are the ones hoovering most of the stock.

Been a while since I’ve browsed this site. Nice to see some familiar names that have stuck around.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2019 at 9:05 AM, Amac said:

so I thought id try and get a BH Dragon guy set on the 10th, as this is when Lego said it would be on sale on their page. Just noticed its now 'temporarily out of stock." So it seems they released new BH stock earlier than advertised and typically only had about 3 sets for sale before going out of stock? This is getting ridiculous, the ware-house must be the size of a letter box.

Did you catch him today when he re-appeared?

8 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Did you catch him today when he re-appeared?

no unfortunately, I looked with nothing available then drove 2 hours for work and looked again and apparently is was listed and sold out in that time. No buying limit it seems.  i noticed the other 2 new BH sets were still available at the time with no buy limit so thats why I presume dragon sells out fast. I might have better luck buying a pallet of baby formula on special then buying one dragon guy. 

33 minutes ago, Amac said:

no unfortunately, I looked with nothing available then drove 2 hours for work and looked again and apparently is was listed and sold out in that time. No buying limit it seems.  i noticed the other 2 new BH sets were still available at the time with no buy limit so thats why I presume dragon sells out fast. I might have better luck buying a pallet of baby formula on special then buying one dragon guy. 

If I see it again , I will let you know.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 1:07 PM, whoisbiggles said:

Don't expect this DJ's order to be fulfilled, fingers crossed anyway:

Bionicle Ketar Creature Of Stone $8 each

Bionicle Skull Scorpio $8 each

Bionicle Uxar Creature Of Jungle $8 each

Did end up receiving all of these - boxes were in appalling condition but somehow the seals were intact. All gone for between $30 - $60 each.

Only managed to get 2 of 80102 Dragon Dance @ RRP, putting these into storage for now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Said bye-bye to my last 21304 Doctor Who @ and average of 1.2 x buy in after expenses, and 21024 Lourve @ and average of 1.8 x buy in after expenses.

Then two day after these were sold, I get this generic email from eBay containing the usual advice, got to wonder why do they bother. I would like to send the responses in red, but with the unlimited weekly $1.10 FVF and fortnightly $0.00 FVF offers. I'll bravely keep my mouth shut and keep riding the wave:

We noticed that some of your listings are missing important details, and we've got a few suggestions for you. Our research shows that your listings might see more activity – and your items might sell faster – if you follow our recommendations. Thanks for suggesting I should offer free express postage, you've been suggesting this for over a year, you're nothing if not persistent.
Qualify for the Top Rated Plus seal:
Let buyers know that you consistently deliver outstanding customer service with the Top Rated Plus seal on your listings. To receive the seal, and other Top Rated Seller benefits, update your listings according to the guidelines in the bulk editing tool. No seriously I'm not offering free express postage.

Adjust your price and follow other listing recommendations: Yeah, nah. I'm a patient seller
Improve the likelihood of a sale with a little competitive analysis. We give you pricing and other listing recommendations by comparing shopper interest in your listings to your competition.

Take a few minutes now to update your listings according to our recommendations. We think you’re going to like the result. Why would I be happier paying higher postage costs and reducing my listing prices.

33 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

Can’t remember the last time I received a final value fee offer. Must be 6 months or more. Frustrating , but just means I have to make better choices and buy-ins. Apart from a few turd stragglers I’ve been casting off , if I’m not making 2 x retail  after fees , I’m not bothering.

You have an eBay store? Have you considered setting up a new eBay personal account?

I have no idea how long the $1.10 FVF weekend marketplace promo will continue, but I'll keep taking advantage of it for as long as its available. For dumping sets that have been stagnating post retirement it has been great.

Just a few more larger sets to off-load at an upcoming local Lego fair, if all goes well i'll only have a GBHQ left on shelf.

Target country continues to be a great source for retired sets - particularly speed champions 75881 $23.20, at one store, I have emptied the shelf twice and will be checking in again in a couple of weeks in case they have been restocked again.