Australian General LEGO Update

BrickPick3r

I just thought I came across the deal of the century. Target was/is showing 42005 @ $16. So I just ordered a few. Now looking at it better, it appears someone at Target has placed the incorrect picture against the item. Should be 4200 !! Will be interesting to see how Target handle this when I contact there online customer service when they open on Friday. I'm guessing they'll just refund me. Or I may get lucky and actually receive 42005 (doubt it).

I just thought I came across the deal of the century. Target was/is showing 42005 @ $16. So I just ordered a few. Now looking at it better, it appears someone at Target has placed the incorrect picture against the item. Should be 4200 !! Will be interesting to see how Target handle this when I contact there online customer service when they open on Friday. I'm guessing they'll just refund me. Or I may get lucky and actually receive 42005 (doubt it).

Did you order it online? My guess is that they will ship 4200 instead of 42005.

I checked the Kmart website today for the haunted house and wasn't there. I went into my local store all they had was a box with nothing in it. And $250 on it , no sales price tag. May have only been for one day.

Oh that would suck. It does give a glimpse though into what their clearance prices would be in the future though.

I checked the Kmart website today for the haunted house and wasn't there. I went into my local store all they had was a box with nothing in it. And $250 on it , no sales price tag. May have only been for one day.

Oh that's not good, sorry to hear that, I normally look at Kmart website, and see whether there are any bargains.

I will let you know if there are any other bargains.

Our local one had the price at $269. When a manager was asked he said that set wasn't at a sale price in store or online, because he follows all the prices online and knows better. When it was mentioned that I ordered it at that price online and would they match it, he said no as it is probably a fake and that he is right. A part of me wants to go down with the invoice to prove the ****** wrong, but the other part cannot be bothered when they won't match the price anyway. 

Our local one had the price at $269. When a manager was asked he said that set wasn't at a sale price in store or online, because he follows all the prices online and knows better. When it was mentioned that I ordered it at that price online and would they match it, he said no as it is probably a fake and that he is right. A part of me wants to go down with the invoice to prove the ****** wrong, but the other part cannot be bothered when they won't match the price anyway. 

Did you check the price on one of those price check scanners, or was it shown as $269 on the shelf price tag? I bought mine yesterday, scanned it to check the $189 price tag before going to the cashier.

Poor form on Kmart's part - inconsistent pricing on same item at different outlets, am pretty sure the normal Kmart RRP has always been $249 (I have probably checked the online and my local stores more than 50 times this year, hoping to see some discount). Also, very sloppy - no prior advertising to inform customers of planned discount, suddenly the discounted RRP appears on their website for about a day, and then the item listing completely vanishes, and clueless and/or arrogant store staff know nothing or don't want to know anything about it.

It scanned at $269 as well. The only time it scanned at $249 was when it was in the catalogue the other week. $250, $269 hasn't bothered me as I wasn't touching it at that price. I always go scan the Lego, as I have regularly found items scanning for less than the tagged prices..... it was how I first saw Jabba's Palace at $109, Shuttle Expeditions for $109 and the Imperial Dropships down to $150 back in the day.

I have been to other K-Marts around Australia and they all had them for $249. Usually their clearance prices have been consistent right across the board, but I have read reports that others have popped up... whether than is data entry error by staff who knows. 

It scanned at $269 as well. The only time it scanned at $249 was when it was in the catalogue the other week. $250, $269 hasn't bothered me as I wasn't touching it at that price. I always go scan the Lego, as I have regularly found items scanning for less than the tagged prices..... it was how I first saw Jabba's Palace at $109, Shuttle Expeditions for $109 and the Imperial Dropships down to $150 back in the day.

I have been to other K-Marts around Australia and they all had them for $249. Usually their clearance prices have been consistent right across the board, but I have read reports that others have popped up... whether than is data entry error by staff who knows. 

Hmmmm...interesting. I've always thought that with the major retailers, each individual outlet as well as online relies on 1 pricing system generated from HQ. Have never worked in retail, so I'm wouldn't know in detail what happens behind the scenes - though from what you've described, seems like managers or staff at individual outlets are free to adjust general RRP prices themselves.

Hmmmm...interesting. I've always thought that with the major retailers, each individual outlet as well as online relies on 1 pricing system generated from HQ. Have never worked in retail, so I'm wouldn't know in detail what happens behind the scenes - though from what you've described, seems like managers or staff at individual outlets are free to adjust general RRP prices themselves.

That was what I had found out previously, clearance sales at my local K-Mart were the same as those in other states. I read earlier in the year of people scoring Tumblers for $39 at K-Mart (though a lot of people said they couldn't) but mine still had them at $49. Then there is the Haunted House. Not sure why there is the discrepancy.